[COMPLETE][POETRY] The Poems of Madison Cawein Vol 4 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply

JorWat
Posts: 1260
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » April 15th, 2019, 11:17 am

Ah, there we go! PL OK
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

silverquill
Posts: 11147
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 26th, 2019, 12:50 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 8:41 pm
I was looking at the comments and saw that you are contemplating another volume of Madison Cawein's poetry. Please count me in for that project. I'll keep an eye on the launchpad and claim a poem or two when it takes off.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Greg
We're launched, Greg!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=74720

GregGiordano
Posts: 3462
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » April 26th, 2019, 10:56 pm

silverquill wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 12:50 pm
GregGiordano wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 8:41 pm
I was looking at the comments and saw that you are contemplating another volume of Madison Cawein's poetry. Please count me in for that project. I'll keep an eye on the launchpad and claim a poem or two when it takes off.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Greg
We're launched, Greg!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=74720
silverquill wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 12:50 pm
GregGiordano wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 8:41 pm
I was looking at the comments and saw that you are contemplating another volume of Madison Cawein's poetry. Please count me in for that project. I'll keep an eye on the launchpad and claim a poem or two when it takes off.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Greg
We're launched, Greg!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=74720
Thank you for the heads-up, Larry! I just posted a request or two.

Take care,

Greg

silverquill
Posts: 11147
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 18th, 2019, 6:21 am

Due to lack of response for two months, sections 40,43,44,60,61 have been orphaned and reassigned.

silverquill
Posts: 11147
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 18th, 2019, 10:43 pm

Here are three of the last five.
I'm afraid that I'm too tired to edit the other two and would be too likely to make some mistakes, so maybe tomorrow on those.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_040_cawein_128kb.mp3 2:52
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_043_cawein_128kb.mp3 2:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_044_cawein_128kb.mp3 1:26

JorWat
Posts: 1260
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » May 19th, 2019, 8:43 am

silverquill wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 10:43 pm
Here are three of the last five.
I'm afraid that I'm too tired to edit the other two and would be too likely to make some mistakes, so maybe tomorrow on those.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_040_cawein_128kb.mp3 2:52
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_043_cawein_128kb.mp3 2:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_044_cawein_128kb.mp3 1:26
All three are PL OK
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.


JorWat
Posts: 1260
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » May 20th, 2019, 2:24 pm

silverquill wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 5:58 pm
And, the last two which will complete this volume, pending PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_060_cawein_128kb.mp3 7:24
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_061_cawein_128kb.mp3 5:49
Unfortunately, I do have notes...

60:

0:40: I'm hearing "which was a stormy flower in the hair of Dolores Day" rather than "which was a stormy flower in the hair of dolorous ('DOL-er-uhs' or 'DOH-ler-uhs') day"

61:

0:18: 'dolorous' again in "Is it the dolorous water"
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

silverquill
Posts: 11147
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 22nd, 2019, 10:59 am

Wow, what a great pick-up.
I totally got this wrong, and I appreciate your setting me straight. :thumbs:

Not the best voice match on the corrections, but I hope it doesn't sound too bad.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_060_cawein_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_061_cawein_128kb.mp3

JorWat
Posts: 1260
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » May 22nd, 2019, 2:29 pm

silverquill wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 10:59 am
Wow, what a great pick-up.
I totally got this wrong, and I appreciate your setting me straight. :thumbs:

Not the best voice match on the corrections, but I hope it doesn't sound too bad.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_060_cawein_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/poemscawein4_061_cawein_128kb.mp3
Both are PL OK.

And with that, we're done! Thanks to adr6090, brightwriter419, brucek, Foon, GregGiordano, jfgallagher, KIBBONAFIDE, Kitty, Laurette, lymiewithpurpose, MellowSquid, NemoR, Nichalia, nighthawks, pschempf, pyslucy, silverquill, svonb002, Sydneybeck1 for recording, thanks to Sonia for MCing, and of course thanks to Larry for BCing. See you all in Volume 3! Wait a minute...
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

silverquill
Posts: 11147
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 22nd, 2019, 9:18 pm

You have truly done an outstanding job, Jordan, and a appreciate you and your very dedicated and skilled proofing more than I can say! :9:

I know Sonia has nothing else to do . . . I hope the cataloging process isn't too boring. Thanks, Sonia! Couldn't do these without you.

And, I offer my hearty thanks and congratulations to that long list of talented readers who have made this a fine volume of poetry, now available to the listening public. :clap: :clap:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20253
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 23rd, 2019, 12:44 am

silverquill wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 9:18 pm
I know Sonia has nothing else to do . . . I hope the cataloging process isn't too boring.
:lol: yeah, right ;) I'll get to cataloguing in a minute, but this will take some time with so many sections. And Cawein is never boring....let's hope there won't be any glitch in the archiving process.

Stay tuned !

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20253
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 23rd, 2019, 2:07 am

aaand, it went without a glitch :9: the file names were absolutely fine this time, no major incidents.

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-poems-of-madison-cawein-vol-4-by-madison-cawein/

another great poetry anthology in the catalogue. :clap:

Moving this to Completed Projects now

Sonia

Post Reply