COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9202
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » February 19th, 2019, 7:51 pm

Thank you.

Todd
I will be out of touch until 6 Dec. Keep recording!
My Librivox Crossings Eunuch DRs Pourceaugnac Cynthia One Acts Magician Big Drum Galahad Don Garcia

bhavya
Posts: 998
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews, Scotland

Post by bhavya » February 19th, 2019, 10:38 pm

Hello,

I would to BC a play:

Title and author: The Grandmother by Lajos Biro
Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36984/36984-h/36984-h.htm#GRANDMOTHER
Author link to wiki and death: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lajos_B%C3%ADr%C3%B3; 1948
No. of roles: 10
Publication date: Not sure, however, the copyright started from 1920
List of characters:

Stage directions
The Grandmother
The Grandchildren:
The Blond Young Lady
The Brunette Young Lady
The Bride
The Vivacious Girl
The Melancholy Girl
The Sentimental High School Girl
The Jovial Young Man
The Polite Young Man
The Disagreeable Young Man

Gender matched casting please.

WiltedScribe
Posts: 2256
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » February 19th, 2019, 11:04 pm

Was going to bed when I caught this. I can't resist the Disagreeable Young Man. :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | Zeus the Tragedian | Dramatic Reading Collection | One-Act Play Collection 13 | The World's Story Volume IX | And more... | To come...

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20193
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 20th, 2019, 3:09 am

bhavya wrote:Title and author: The Grandmother by Lajos Biro
Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36984/36984-h/36984-h.htm#GRANDMOTHER
could I have a go at the Grandmother please ? This is a really cool dramatic play with a great outcome.
ChuckW wrote:I just always feel kinda guilty when I launch something with no female roles.
Since Chuck's play is "boys only", I will not butt in there :mrgreen: (unless you want the narrator to bring in a female touch)

BTW I totally agree, Chuck, such a play needs to be in character to keep the vibe it wants to convey. No need to feel guilty, we also launched a "girls' only" play once (and that was a full-length comedy, not a one-acter). I think we all feel emancipated and equally-treated enough here on the forum and won't be offended by such things.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20193
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 20th, 2019, 4:01 am

Todd, here is already a start for Molière with the Stage directions. I know you're happy to have these in right away.

The play is an absolute hoot. :lol: Especially Sganarelle needs to be very athletic, jumping in and out of windows constantly and changing is clothes in the process. Tomas, I bet you will play this role with the needed exertion :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/flyingdoctor_stagedirections_moliere.mp3
Recording time: 5:39 min.

Sonia

ChuckW
Posts: 3009
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 20th, 2019, 5:26 am

ChuckW wrote:I just always feel kinda guilty when I launch something with no female roles.
Since Chuck's play is "boys only", I will not butt in there :mrgreen: (unless you want the narrator to bring in a female touch)

BTW I totally agree, Chuck, such a play needs to be in character to keep the vibe it wants to convey. No need to feel guilty, we also launched a "girls' only" play once (and that was a full-length comedy, not a one-acter). I think we all feel emancipated and equally-treated enough here on the forum and won't be offended by such things.

Sonia
Haha. It's mostly just the two main roles I'm worried about. :lol: So if you'd still like to do the narration, I certainly wouldn't object (although I know you're already super-duper busy).
Current Projects:
SOLO: The Intermediate Sex (Edward Carpenter)
GROUP: Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist (Alexander Berkman)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20193
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 20th, 2019, 5:36 am

ChuckW wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 5:26 am
Haha. It's mostly just the two main roles I'm worried about. :lol: So if you'd still like to do the narration, I certainly wouldn't object (although I know you're already super-duper busy).
no it's ok, I can do the narration. It's not that much (it's not a Pinero :lol: )

Sonia

ChuckW
Posts: 3009
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 20th, 2019, 6:02 am

Kitty wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 5:36 am
ChuckW wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 5:26 am
Haha. It's mostly just the two main roles I'm worried about. :lol: So if you'd still like to do the narration, I certainly wouldn't object (although I know you're already super-duper busy).
no it's ok, I can do the narration. It's not that much (it's not a Pinero :lol: )

Sonia
Yes, that's one of my favorite things about this play -- it's very short! :-)

Thanks Sonia!
Current Projects:
SOLO: The Intermediate Sex (Edward Carpenter)
GROUP: Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist (Alexander Berkman)

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9202
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » February 20th, 2019, 6:08 am

bhavya wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 10:38 pm
Hello,

I would to BC a play:

Title and author: The Grandmother by Lajos Biro
Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36984/36984-h/36984-h.htm#GRANDMOTHER
Author link to wiki and death: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lajos_B%C3%ADr%C3%B3; 1948
No. of roles: 10
Publication date: Not sure, however, the copyright started from 1920
List of characters:

Stage directions
The Grandmother
The Grandchildren:
The Blond Young Lady
The Brunette Young Lady
The Bride
The Vivacious Girl
The Melancholy Girl
The Sentimental High School Girl
The Jovial Young Man
The Polite Young Man
The Disagreeable Young Man

Gender matched casting please.
Thank you.

Todd
I will be out of touch until 6 Dec. Keep recording!
My Librivox Crossings Eunuch DRs Pourceaugnac Cynthia One Acts Magician Big Drum Galahad Don Garcia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9202
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » February 20th, 2019, 6:17 am

Kitty wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 4:01 am
Todd, here is already a start for Molière with the Stage directions. I know you're happy to have these in right away.

The play is an absolute hoot. :lol: Especially Sganarelle needs to be very athletic, jumping in and out of windows constantly and changing is clothes in the process. Tomas, I bet you will play this role with the needed exertion :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/flyingdoctor_stagedirections_moliere.mp3
Recording time: 5:39 min.

Sonia
First part in - and perfect. You've made the narrator into a character. PL OK

Thanks, Todd
I will be out of touch until 6 Dec. Keep recording!
My Librivox Crossings Eunuch DRs Pourceaugnac Cynthia One Acts Magician Big Drum Galahad Don Garcia

leanneyauyau
Posts: 924
Joined: January 31st, 2016, 12:33 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Post by leanneyauyau » February 20th, 2019, 7:23 am

I'll claim the lawyer
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page

bhavya
Posts: 998
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews, Scotland

Post by bhavya » February 20th, 2019, 8:17 am

Kitty wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 3:09 am
could I have a go at the Grandmother please ? This is a really cool dramatic play with a great outcome.
WiltedScribe wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 11:04 pm
Was going to bed when I caught this. I can't resist the Disagreeable Young Man. :mrgreen:
Thank you!

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9202
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » February 20th, 2019, 8:25 am

leanneyauyau wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 7:23 am
I'll claim the lawyer
Thank you.

Todd
I will be out of touch until 6 Dec. Keep recording!
My Librivox Crossings Eunuch DRs Pourceaugnac Cynthia One Acts Magician Big Drum Galahad Don Garcia

bhavya
Posts: 998
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews, Scotland

Post by bhavya » February 20th, 2019, 8:32 am

Can I also claim the Melancholy Girl?

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9202
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » February 20th, 2019, 9:15 am

bhavya wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 8:32 am
Can I also claim the Melancholy Girl?
Sadly yes?

Thanks, Todd
I will be out of touch until 6 Dec. Keep recording!
My Librivox Crossings Eunuch DRs Pourceaugnac Cynthia One Acts Magician Big Drum Galahad Don Garcia

Post Reply