COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Pauline, good luck keeping her under control.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brilliant job, Aaron. I remember you said you already played in Molière. Well, it really shows. You are totally living this excited and duped old father. I loved the gullible concern in your voice throughout the act. This was a highly enjoyable performance and since I already know that Tomas will be excellent as Sganarelle as well, your dialogues will be an awesome treat. :9:

This is PL ok. Thanks for participating and I sincerely hope that I'll hear you in many more plays to come. You missed out quite a few Molières already but we are planning on doing them all, so there are still a few more to be done. And if you like Molière you may also like our current Ben Jonson and Richard Steele plays. Quite funny comedies as well.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 21st, 2019, 4:36 amThank you. Pauline, good luck keeping her under control.
haha, thanks for the compliment, Todd. :mrgreen:

Well here is the lovely Fanny, I tried my best to a wonderfully ingenue young debutante voice, just out to secure herself a husband. Totally out of character for what I usually do, but it was fun for once. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everybodyshusband_fanny_ryan.mp3
Recording time: 1:50 min.

Hope you like it, Devorah :)

Sonia
PetitPoiSon

Post by PetitPoiSon »

ToddHW wrote: February 21st, 2019, 4:36 am Thank you. Pauline, good luck keeping her under control.

Todd
Thank you Todd. I have given her “The Parental Instructions” and therefore expect her to observe the article ninth “The Enforcement Of Obedience” with particular attention :!: :mrgreen:

Sonia, I’m very honored to play your mother :9:
Amicalement
Pauline
benderca

Post by benderca »

I thought I might try my hand at BCing...

This play was published in 1920, so is, as I understand, PD in the USA and Canada, but as Pinski died in 1959, not in the EU or Australia, I am sorry to say (but we can do it again in 10 years with our European friends! :lol: ).

* Title and author - A DOLLAR by David Pinski
* PD text link - https://archive.org/details/contemporaryonea00lewiuoft/page/324
http://www.one-act-plays.com/comedies/dollar.html
* Link to author on Wikipedia, and death date, if known - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Pinski, 1959
* Link to title on Wikipedia -
* Number of roles (including narrator) this project will have - 8
* Original publication date - 1920
* The list of characters in your plays so when we have a MW I can set up your sections properly!

THE COMEDIAN
THE VILLAIN
THE TRAGEDIAN
THE OLD MAN
THE HEROINE
THE INGENUE
THE OLD WOMAN (TJ)
THE STRANGER

Gender neutral casting. (I would play The Old Woman).

Thanks, TJ
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Can I claim The Villain and The Polite Young Man? I'm all about contrasts today. :-)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Since I will be editing "The Grandmother", do I still post the link for her recorded lines?
PetitPoiSon

Post by PetitPoiSon »

Kitty wrote: February 21st, 2019, 4:26 am I'm gonna play Fanny in Everybody's Husband, if I may :)

Pauline, I'm going to be your daughter :lol:

Sonia
Just for information: I will be away from home and from my good microphone for the coming 10 days. I tested the inner microphone of my Bluetooth headphones, it is not good at all for recording... :roll: So I'll begin the recording on March 3rd.
I'll keep you posted!
Amicalement,
Pauline
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Oh man, I feel guilty claiming in everything, but these are such good finds that resistance is futile! :P

I can do Mr. Theophilus Bunbury and the Tragedian in the latest two plays.
Tomas Peter
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

'A Dollar' seems like fun! May I claim the roll of The Ingenue?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

bhavya wrote: February 21st, 2019, 9:43 am Since I will be editing "The Grandmother", do I still post the link for her recorded lines?
It is best to always post lines in case for some reason someone else has to finish the play. This happened in a couple of the Collection 11 plays, so not an unreasonable event.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I think I have everything in the MW up to date.

Thanks, Todd
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

brilliant job, Aaron. I remember you said you already played in Molière. Well, it really shows. You are totally living this excited and duped old father. I loved the gullible concern in your voice throughout the act. This was a highly enjoyable performance and since I already know that Tomas will be excellent as Sganarelle as well, your dialogues will be an awesome treat. :9:

This is PL ok. Thanks for participating and I sincerely hope that I'll hear you in many more plays to come. You missed out quite a few Molières already but we are planning on doing them all, so there are still a few more to be done. And if you like Molière you may also like our current Ben Jonson and Richard Steele plays. Quite funny comedies as well.

Sonia
Thanks! I'll look into it!
jfgallagher

Post by jfgallagher »

If I don't hurry, the rest of you are going to have all the fun without me!

Speaking of fun, I'd like to claim the Comedian in "A Dollar".

Thanks!

Jim G.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd