Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, if we are having another round of plays, might I propose the following, if I'm allowed another:

Press Cuttings by Bernard Shaw
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5723
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Bernard_Shaw (1856 – 1950)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Cuttings

Number of roles (including narrator) this project will have - 8
Original publication date - (Wiki states 1909, the GP edition is 1913)

Characters

General Mitchener, Minister of War
Prime Minister Balsquith
Mrs Rosa Carmina Banger, anti-suffrage leader
Lady Corinthia Fanshawe, anti-suffrage leader
Mrs Farrell, charwoman
An orderly
Voices Outside
Stage Directions

Since gender is a key element in the theme of this play, I think gender perfect casting is best for the six major roles. 3 of each.

From the Wikipedia Article:
"Press Cuttings (1909), subtitled "A Topical Sketch Compiled from the Editorial and Correspondence Columns of the Daily Papers" is a play by George Bernard Shaw. It is a farcical comedy about the suffragettes' campaign for votes for women in Britain. The play is a departure from Shaw's earlier Ibsenesque dramas on social issues. Shaw's own pro-feminist views are never articulated by characters in the play, but instead it ridicules the arguments of the anti-suffrage campaigners.

Written in 1909, the play is set three years in the then future, on April Fool's Day 1912, by which date the actions of the suffragettes are imagined to have led the government to declare martial law in central London."
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

I’ll claim Harry Barton and General Mitchener, please.

Thank you!!
Josh Kibbey
Javarah93

Post by Javarah93 »

May I claim She from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?

Thank you!
Thanks!

Javarah93
:9:
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Todd,
I think you may have missed my earlier post about He in Rosencrantz. In case you're happy to have me, here's His part:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rosencrantzandguildenstern_he_sullivan.mp3
(0.28)

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Kitty wrote: May 26th, 2019, 7:48 am
great, that means all the roles in that play are in and as soon as Bhavya has PLed them, the assembly can start :9: thanks, Josh !

Sonia

Awesome! I’ll start today and get the PL'ing done by tomorrow!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: May 27th, 2019, 7:00 pm Well, if we are having another round of plays, might I propose the following, if I'm allowed another:
Larry, did you mean you wanted to include it as 10th play in this project (there is one final slot left and yes you are allowed two) or do you want it included in the "next round" (if by that you mean the next project) ? Waiting for confirmation before putting this into the MW...

Pity Shaw is not PD for us Europeans yet :( but we have plenty of Americans who can participate.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: May 27th, 2019, 7:45 pm I’ll claim Harry Barton and General Mitchener, please.
hey Josh :) Harry Barton is all yours, and Mitchener as well, if Larry decides to run it in this project. Just waiting for confirmation, so don't start recording that part yet ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Javarah93 wrote: May 27th, 2019, 9:52 pm May I claim She from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
thank you, it's yours :) that makes us fully claimed for that play already :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Peter Why wrote: May 27th, 2019, 10:57 pm I think you may have missed my earlier post about He in Rosencrantz. In case you're happy to have me, here's His part:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rosencrantzandguildenstern_he_sullivan.mp3
MW was updated, so you were not overlooked, Peter :) Thank you for the romantic deliverance of those cheesy lines :mrgreen: All perfectly PL ok !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: May 27th, 2019, 5:13 pm Well, I have the completed play for Why the Chimes Rang:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays012_06_various_128kb.mp3 36:37
I put this all the way on top of the MW to highlight that it's ready for PL. Any volunteers for who it is PD ? I cannot PL it myself since it's not PD for me. If someone is interested, please make a note here, so the work won't get done double. :)

Thanks

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: May 28th, 2019, 1:10 am
silverquill wrote: May 27th, 2019, 7:00 pm Well, if we are having another round of plays, might I propose the following, if I'm allowed another:
Larry, did you mean you wanted to include it as 10th play in this project (there is one final slot left and yes you are allowed two) or do you want it included in the "next round" (if by that you mean the next project) ? Waiting for confirmation before putting this into the MW...

Pity Shaw is not PD for us Europeans yet :( but we have plenty of Americans who can participate.

Sonia
Yes, I would like to include it in this collection if that's okay. :)
Old GBS lived to be 94! Will he be PD next year? Maybe I should wait. :wink:
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I added the Shaw play here. Maybe we'll be done and released by the end of the year in time for Europeans to at least download and listen to it!

This collection is now full (with some roles still available). Use the One Act Plays and Other Collections - Planning Thread to start listing ideas for the next collection which will be offered as this one gets closer to complete.

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks, Todd!
There's another Shaw play that might be worth doing, so maybe it would be good for the next collection.
~ Larry
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose