Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
linny

Post by linny »

Perfect! 8 is spot check PL OK
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

linny wrote: March 4th, 2019, 6:56 am
realisticspeakers wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 11:15 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/stateoftheunion_1877_1884_10_various_128kb.mp3
[36:21]

I think I'm getting the hang of this.
I certainly agree. There again I would have agreed 7 or 8 projects ago. :D

31:22 - The system has fully answered the expectations of its friends in securing competent and faithful public servants and in protecting the appointing officers of the Government from the pressure of personal importunity and from the labor of examining the claims and pretensions of rival candidates for public employment.
I hear protections

It is indeed "pretensions".
It has that William Shatner-I'm tired-should-I-place-a-random-emphasis-here-because-I'm-not-comprehending-what-I'm-reading-at-this-point™ kind of feel, but it is "pretensions".
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

realisticspeakers wrote: March 4th, 2019, 1:27 pm
linny wrote: March 4th, 2019, 6:56 am
realisticspeakers wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 11:15 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/stateoftheunion_1877_1884_10_various_128kb.mp3
[36:21]

I think I'm getting the hang of this.
I certainly agree. There again I would have agreed 7 or 8 projects ago. :D

31:22 - The system has fully answered the expectations of its friends in securing competent and faithful public servants and in protecting the appointing officers of the Government from the pressure of personal importunity and from the labor of examining the claims and pretensions of rival candidates for public employment.
I hear protections

It is indeed "pretensions".
It has that William Shatner-I'm tired-should-I-place-a-random-emphasis-here-because-I'm-not-comprehending-what-I'm-reading-at-this-point™ kind of feel, but it is "pretensions".

UGH! OK, fine. I couldn't let it go. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/stateoftheunion_1877_1884_10_various_128kb.mp3
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ha ha ha ha! I've been there!!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JimCooper

Post by JimCooper »

I would like to claim the following two sections for the above captioned work. Thanx.

3 Rutherford B. Hayes, December 1, 1879, part 1 5191 words Section breakdown Open
4 Rutherford B. Hayes, December 1, 1879, part 2 6444 words Section breakdown Open

Jim Cooper
linny

Post by linny »

JimCooper wrote: March 5th, 2019, 12:28 pm I would like to claim the following two sections for the above captioned work. Thanx.

3 Rutherford B. Hayes, December 1, 1879, part 1 5191 words Section breakdown Open
4 Rutherford B. Hayes, December 1, 1879, part 2 6444 words Section breakdown Open

Jim Cooper
Hi Jim,
Welcome to LV! I see you have already signed up for another long section besides these. That's an awful lot to take on. Have you recorded before? Before you record for a project please complete the preliminary test to ensure your settings are correct. The instruction are accessible through the Newbie link in the first post. We will also need to know what name you want listed in the catalog.
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: March 5th, 2019, 10:40 am UGH! OK, fine. I couldn't let it go. :lol:
I've been there before. :mrgreen: Chapter 10 is spot check PL OK.
JimCooper

Post by JimCooper »

linny wrote: March 5th, 2019, 12:33 pm
JimCooper wrote: March 5th, 2019, 12:28 pm I would like to claim the following two sections for the above captioned work. Thanx.

Jim Cooper
Hi Jim,
Welcome to LV! I see you have already signed up for another long section besides these. That's an awful lot to take on. Have you recorded before? Before you record for a project please complete the preliminary test to ensure your settings are correct. The instruction are accessible through the Newbie link in the first post. We will also need to know what name you want listed in the catalog.
Hi Linny -

Yes I've recorded over ten audiobooks to date - just seem to be in dry spell so I wanted to work on some text in the meantime. Using "Jim Cooper Voice Artist" in the catalog would be great.

Thanx!
linny

Post by linny »

Great! I always get a little nervous for a brand new reader when they claim so much. Thank you for lending your voice here at LV.

Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/13200
The "Reader Section detail" link is a great way to keep track of your claims.

You might also enjoy our dramatics viewforum.php?f=27
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Hi, Linny!
I would take that one remaining section. I rather enjoyed that one in the other project. :)

Kristine
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
linny

Post by linny »

Kikisaulite wrote: March 9th, 2019, 2:13 am Hi, Linny!
I would take that one remaining section. I rather enjoyed that one in the other project. :)

Kristine
Thank you!
linny

Post by linny »

Tricia,
We are now full! :clap:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moved to Readers Found!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JimCooper

Post by JimCooper »

TriciaG -

I tagged you as MC because I saw you had done so for this project previously. If I'm incorrect, my apologies.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/stateoftheunion_1877_1884_03_various_128kb.mp3

Section 3 complete!