COMPLETE[PLAY]The Magnificent Lovers by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nichalia wrote: February 24th, 2019, 6:45 am Hi Todd! Here is 16, Climene, Act 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_climene_2_128kb.mp3 (01:07)
wonderful Nichalia :) you are a sweet shepherdess and will sound great in your duet with Chris. :9: Since you're the first role in, maybe Chris can have a download to get the tempo a bit similar in your merged speech.

All PL ok though as a suggestion for future drama projects, it would be good to leave a bit more space (at least 2 seconds) between your quotes, so our editor will have it easier to cut and paste ;) but it's fine for now, don't worry.

Also, for the voice credit, you don't have to add "act 2", simply say "role... read by ... name"

Thanks for participating !

Sonia
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

Kitty wrote: February 24th, 2019, 6:57 am
Nichalia wrote: February 24th, 2019, 6:45 am Hi Todd! Here is 16, Climene, Act 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_climene_2_128kb.mp3 (01:07)
wonderful Nichalia :) you are a sweet shepherdess and will sound great in your duet with Chris. :9: Since you're the first role in, maybe Chris can have a download to get the tempo a bit similar in your merged speech.

All PL ok though as a suggestion for future drama projects, it would be good to leave a bit more space (at least 2 seconds) between your quotes, so our editor will have it easier to cut and paste ;) but it's fine for now, don't worry.

Also, for the voice credit, you don't have to add "act 2", simply say "role... read by ... name"

Thanks for participating !

Sonia
Ahh thank you! At least 2 seconds between lines for the editors, and no need to read the act. Got it! :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The jester Clitidas awaits the pleasure of a kind PL within the fearsome forest of the MW.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 7:36 amThe jester Clitidas awaits the pleasure of a kind PL within the fearsome forest of the MW.
oh ! I extremely liked this performance. Somehow you gave him a very soft-spoken voice, which is very pleasant to listen to. And then the expressiveness is marvellous. Loved the part where you are reading the name in the eyes. :thumbs: One can really picture you squinting your eyes, trying to decipher.

And the narrative of the boar was highly funny. :lol:

Wonderful role, excellently played out. All PL ok. Thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I was having a lot of fun. Wonder if this was what King Louis was thinking when he asked Moliere for a classically themed play....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 10:15 amI was having a lot of fun. Wonder if this was what King Louis was thinking when he asked Moliere for a classically themed play....
:lol: I think Louis must have known what Molière would come up with by then ;) I'm sure he was highly entertained. And I think he even took part in the ballet frolicking :mrgreen:

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Good morning to you Todd,
May I please read the 2nd sea God, act 1?
April
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you, yes.

Todd
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:clap: :clap:

ToddHW wrote: March 8th, 2019, 9:24 am Thank you, yes.

Todd
April
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Philinte, Act 2 ready for PL. In order to get the final two unison lines in sync, I've recorded Philinte's two lines while listening to the last two lines of Nichalia's recording. It's easy to stay in sync once you're off and running, but beginning at the same instant takes a few tries. Anyway, I think the unison should be pretty good now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_philinte_2_128kb.mp3

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 8th, 2019, 6:54 pmPhilinte, Act 2 ready for PL. In order to get the final two unison lines in sync, I've recorded Philinte's two lines while listening to the last two lines of Nichalia's recording. It's easy to stay in sync once you're off and running, but beginning at the same instant takes a few tries. Anyway, I think the unison should be pretty good now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_philinte_2_128kb.mp3
thanks, excellent, I love the rythm you're giving the lines. Glad you were inspired by your duet partner. :thumbs: Absolutely PL ok. As for the merging...I let Todd deal with that, he's much better at it than I could ever be.

I'm only missing the link to the youtube video where you are performing the final ballet dances in tutu.... :hmm: :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Leanne, Cleonice is a very sweet confidante, totally different from the lawyer I just listened to :mrgreen: excellently done.

All acts PL ok. Though I'll make a note for Todd that in Act 4 the first two quotes can be cut, they belong to Cleon, not Cleonice. I know the names are highly confusing. But if you look in the cast appearance for each scene, you see that Cleon was in that particular scene, not Cleonice.

Act 4:
> from 0:04-0:13: two first quotes can be cut because they belong to Cleon

thanks !

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/magnificentlovers_2ndseagod_15_128kb.mp3 time 0.33
Hello again, this time the volume is not so high though I am hopeful that the chorus is where it should be. Follows the text as opposed to precedes it. :hmm:
Just let me know if I need to change anything.
April