[Complete] Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Vol 2 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
wildlindajohnson
Posts: 729
Joined: July 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Post by wildlindajohnson » March 18th, 2019, 5:57 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 3:35 pm
wildlindajohnson wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 4:55 pm
Here are Chapters 5 and 7:


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_05_hayward_128kb.mp3 [10:23]
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_07_hayward_128kb.mp3 [14:54]

A note about Chapter 5: In the 2nd sentence, the text reads "The first thing that I with concerning him is his being at sea..." which I believe is a transcription or typesetting error, so I read it as "The first thing that I have concerning him is his being at sea.." If you think this is incorrect and wish it to be recorded as it was typeset, please let me know and I'll gladly re-record it.
Hey there Linda! Nice readings! I don't see any problem with your correction, yours makes sense :D. I really enjoyed these, your tone was both factual and intriguing! Chapter 7 is OK, Chapter 5 has one note:

Around 5:12 – missing footnote “That is, Tyburn tree”

Thanks, and can't wait to listen to more!
Ah, sorry about the footnote omission - most of the readings I've been doing don't want them read - mea culpa! Here's the corrected version, now with a running time of 10:29

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_05_hayward_128kb.mp3
Linda Johnson

timbuterbaugh
Posts: 9
Joined: May 18th, 2018, 11:38 am

Post by timbuterbaugh » March 18th, 2019, 8:32 am

Hi, I would like to volunteer for section 21 - The Life of THOMAS BILLINGS, a Murderer.

This will be my first recording for Librivox.

Please let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thanks

Tim Buterbaugh

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19805
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 18th, 2019, 11:05 am

wildlindajohnson wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 5:57 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 3:35 pm
wildlindajohnson wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 4:55 pm
Here are Chapters 5 and 7:


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_05_hayward_128kb.mp3 [10:23]
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_07_hayward_128kb.mp3 [14:54]

A note about Chapter 5: In the 2nd sentence, the text reads "The first thing that I with concerning him is his being at sea..." which I believe is a transcription or typesetting error, so I read it as "The first thing that I have concerning him is his being at sea.." If you think this is incorrect and wish it to be recorded as it was typeset, please let me know and I'll gladly re-record it.
Hey there Linda! Nice readings! I don't see any problem with your correction, yours makes sense :D. I really enjoyed these, your tone was both factual and intriguing! Chapter 7 is OK, Chapter 5 has one note:

Around 5:12 – missing footnote “That is, Tyburn tree”

Thanks, and can't wait to listen to more!
Ah, sorry about the footnote omission - most of the readings I've been doing don't want them read - mea culpa! Here's the corrected version, now with a running time of 10:29

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_05_hayward_128kb.mp3
Thank you. I usually don't like footnotes, but there is a lot of interesting info in his footnotes (not sure why he couldn't include the info in the text, though :roll: )

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19805
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 18th, 2019, 11:09 am

timbuterbaugh wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 8:32 am
Hi, I would like to volunteer for section 21 - The Life of THOMAS BILLINGS, a Murderer.

This will be my first recording for Librivox.

Please let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thanks

Tim Buterbaugh
Hi Tim and welcome!
I will get you signed up for that section. I don't see your one minute test... did you complete one? We use it to check your specs before you waste time on a longer reading.
If you have questions, please ask.



Ariphron
Posts: 159
Joined: January 16th, 2019, 10:10 pm

Post by Ariphron » March 18th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Lynnet wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 11:05 am

Thank you. I usually don't like footnotes, but there is a lot of interesting info in his footnotes (not sure why he couldn't include the info in the text, though :roll: )
My impression is that the text is the anonymous author from 1735, while the footnotes are the editor, Hayward, writing at the end of the nineteenth century, and present some facts that he could verify through research.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19805
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 18th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Ariphron wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 1:51 pm
Lynnet wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 11:05 am

Thank you. I usually don't like footnotes, but there is a lot of interesting info in his footnotes (not sure why he couldn't include the info in the text, though :roll: )
My impression is that the text is the anonymous author from 1735, while the footnotes are the editor, Hayward, writing at the end of the nineteenth century, and present some facts that he could verify through research.
That would certainly explain it!

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2090
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 18th, 2019, 3:50 pm

wildlindajohnson wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 5:57 am
Ah, sorry about the footnote omission - most of the readings I've been doing don't want them read - mea culpa! Here's the corrected version, now with a running time of 10:29

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_05_hayward_128kb.mp3
Hey there! Now it is ok :D. I saw you submitted more; I'm going to wait and see if Rachel (who asked if she could PL some) will get to it. If not, I will listen tomorrow!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

wildlindajohnson
Posts: 729
Joined: July 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Post by wildlindajohnson » March 19th, 2019, 8:37 am

I'll take Chapters 15 through 18.
Linda Johnson

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19805
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 19th, 2019, 9:20 am

wildlindajohnson wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 8:37 am
I'll take Chapters 15 through 18.
Go for it!

TwoFace
Posts: 19
Joined: March 12th, 2019, 10:56 am

Post by TwoFace » March 19th, 2019, 10:22 am

wildlindajohnson wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 8:37 am
I'll take Chapters 15 through 18.
Wow you are really going "wild" :lol: Thanks for the work ! I am impressed :)

Just finished my first contribution: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_12_hayward_128kb.mp3

I would love to get some feedback so i can improve ! Anything that comes to mind i am very open to criticism. Thanks
It was a good thing that i followed the steps and not pushed for a 500 Page Solo Project as soon as i joined. It really is a bit more work than i anticipated. I thought my English skills were good but i forgot that i never learned about really old words in school. I had to google a few, some of them left me puzzled even after listening to the pronunciation 10 times in a row. Like ignominious or facetious, because my brain wants to pronounce them so differently from their looks. I also found out that you can't just record a text on the go, that you have to read first and recording is the second step. Great learning experience and i am looking forward to reading more :)
Greetings Benni from Germany

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19805
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 19th, 2019, 10:40 am

TwoFace wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 10:22 am
wildlindajohnson wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 8:37 am
I'll take Chapters 15 through 18.
Wow you are really going "wild" :lol: Thanks for the work ! I am impressed :)

Just finished my first contribution: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_12_hayward_128kb.mp3

I would love to get some feedback so i can improve ! Anything that comes to mind i am very open to criticism. Thanks
It was a good thing that i followed the steps and not pushed for a 500 Page Solo Project as soon as i joined. It really is a bit more work than i anticipated. I thought my English skills were good but i forgot that i never learned about really old words in school. I had to google a few, some of them left me puzzled even after listening to the pronunciation 10 times in a row. Like ignominious or facetious, because my brain wants to pronounce them so differently from their looks. I also found out that you can't just record a text on the go, that you have to read first and recording is the second step. Great learning experience and i am looking forward to reading more :)
Greetings Benni from Germany
Thank you. How long is the recording please?

The sentence structure is particularly difficult in this project, so don't worry too much. And I am a native English speaker, and struggle to say "ignominious" even though it is a word still in use today, not at all archaic :roll: There are just some words the brain and teeth don't combine well over :lol: :lol: And "facetious" is a word most commonly used, I think, when parents are telling teenagers not to be facetious :lol:

TwoFace
Posts: 19
Joined: March 12th, 2019, 10:56 am

Post by TwoFace » March 19th, 2019, 10:45 am

Dammit i thought about putting that in but somehow forgot in the process of writing the post. Its 9:54 long though i think the end has a little too much silence. I guess that will be up to the PL.
Wow i managed to pick the two words i had to look up that are still in use now i look stupid haha I literally have never heard of those but i guess my vocabulary is smaller than i like to admit ^^

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19805
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 19th, 2019, 10:49 am

TwoFace wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 10:45 am
Dammit i thought about putting that in but somehow forgot in the process of writing the post. Its 9:54 long though i think the end has a little too much silence. I guess that will be up to the PL.
Wow i managed to pick the two words i had to look up that are still in use now i look stupid haha I literally have never heard of those but i guess my vocabulary is smaller than i like to admit ^^
Thank you.
And no, you don't look stupid. They are not common words, even though they are in use. The first is probably only used by 'serious' people and the second, you don't really want to hear as it probably means you are being rude (or someone is being rude to you).

Post Reply