[Complete] Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Vol 2 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17299
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » February 4th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder, the Highway, Housebreaking, Street Robberies, Coining or other offences Vol 2 by Arthur L. Hayward (1859 - 1927).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/lives-of-the-most-remarkable-criminals-who-have-been-condemned-and-executed-for-murder-the-highway-housebreaking-street-robberies-coining-or-other-offences-vol-2-by-arthur-l-hayward/
This is the second volume in this collection of reports and newspaper stories regarding notorious criminals and their punishment, assembled by prison inspector Arthur Hayward from original sources originally published in 1735.

Please note that some listeners may find the language and terminology in some chapters offensive. It is Librivox policy to maintain the original without alteration or censorship. ( Lynne Thompson)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/13097
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

      Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard


      Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!


      Magic Window:



      BC Admin
    6. Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Arthur L. Hayward) : n/a
    7. Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    8. Number of sections (files) this project will have: 43
    9. Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    10. Original publication date (if known): 1735
    11. If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

    Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Social Science

    Keywords that describe the book: Crime, murder, punishment, prison, forgery, execution, housebreaking

    ============================================
  • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

    Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz


    Please include footnotes, except where it is a reference to another page in the same work.
  • DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Vol 2. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Vol 2, by Arthur L. Hayward. [Chapter]"

    END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder, the Highway, Housebreaking, Street Robberies, Coining or other offences Vol 2, by Arthur L. Hayward. "

    There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

    Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  • AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3

    mostremarkablecriminals2_##_hayward_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mostremarkablecriminals2_01_hayward_128kb.mp3)

    Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

    Any questions?
    Please post below
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 1813
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Location: California

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 4th, 2019, 4:30 pm

Would be happy to DPL if you need one!
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17299
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » February 4th, 2019, 5:27 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 4:30 pm
Would be happy to DPL if you need one!
That would be wonderful.
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

ColleenMc
Posts: 1016
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » February 4th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Is it too soon to make a claim? If not, I would like sections 19 and 20 — who can resist the inhuman murderess?

Colleen

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17299
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » February 4th, 2019, 8:11 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 8:06 pm
Is it too soon to make a claim? If not, I would like sections 19 and 20 — who can resist the inhuman murderess?

Colleen
All yours (I was eyeing her myself As she sounds interesting!)
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

Paromita
Posts: 11
Joined: February 21st, 2019, 7:43 am
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contact:

Post by Paromita » February 21st, 2019, 7:01 pm

Hello! I would like to read section 0, 30-36. Can I have the opportunity? Thanks! :D

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17299
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » February 22nd, 2019, 8:42 am

Paromita wrote:
February 21st, 2019, 7:01 pm
Hello! I would like to read section 0, 30-36. Can I have the opportunity? Thanks! :D
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name once you let me know you have completed your test, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

Paromita
Posts: 11
Joined: February 21st, 2019, 7:43 am
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contact:

Post by Paromita » February 24th, 2019, 12:22 am

Thanks a lot for the directions. I have uploaded the test and looking forward to learn about the improvements needed. :D :D

ColleenMc
Posts: 1016
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » February 26th, 2019, 8:13 pm


Nichalia
Posts: 66
Joined: September 3rd, 2017, 6:37 am
Location: Terra
Contact:

Post by Nichalia » February 27th, 2019, 2:29 am

Can I please claim 23, The Life of CAPTAIN JAEN, Murderer and 25, The Life of JOHN MURREL, a Horse-Stealer?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17299
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » February 27th, 2019, 8:13 am

ColleenMc wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 8:13 pm
Section 19 is up!

28:31


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_19_hayward_128kb.mp3


Colleen
Thank you
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17299
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » February 27th, 2019, 8:14 am

Nichalia wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 2:29 am
Can I please claim 23, The Life of CAPTAIN JAEN, Murderer and 25, The Life of JOHN MURREL, a Horse-Stealer?
You certainly can!
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 1813
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Location: California

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 27th, 2019, 8:09 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 8:13 pm
Section 19 is up!

28:31


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_19_hayward_128kb.mp3


Colleen
Nice reading! Perfectly OK! Are these stories real? That can't have really happened.
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

Paromita
Posts: 11
Joined: February 21st, 2019, 7:43 am
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contact:

Post by Paromita » February 27th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Lynnet wrote:
February 22nd, 2019, 8:42 am
Paromita wrote:
February 21st, 2019, 7:01 pm
Hello! I would like to read section 0, 30-36. Can I have the opportunity? Thanks! :D
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name once you let me know you have completed your test, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
I have completed the test. Would you please add me to the catalog and let me know if I can read the chapters I have claimed? Thanks in Advance! :D

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17299
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » February 28th, 2019, 6:27 am

Paromita wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Lynnet wrote:
February 22nd, 2019, 8:42 am
Paromita wrote:
February 21st, 2019, 7:01 pm
Hello! I would like to read section 0, 30-36. Can I have the opportunity? Thanks! :D
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name once you let me know you have completed your test, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
I have completed the test. Would you please add me to the catalog and let me know if I can read the chapters I have claimed? Thanks in Advance! :D
Yes, go ahead! Read the first post and ask if you have questions.
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

Post Reply