[COMPLETE] The Lost Continent by CJ Cutcliffe Hyne - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 10th, 2019, 7:19 pm

Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » February 13th, 2019, 9:15 am

Chapter 4 is PL OK, however, if you wish, there's a bit that's a bit louder than the rest; I think you started recording fresh there(?) and it's a noticeable difference. Approximately from 20:53-22:00. It could probably do with a slight deamplification of 1 or 2 dB. But it's not a problem as it is, it's not a massive difference, so it's up to you. Just thought I'd mention it!
I'm putting it as "See PL notes" but if you don't feel that it needs changing, just put it as PL OK ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 14th, 2019, 7:54 am

Foon wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:15 am
Chapter 4 is PL OK, however, if you wish, there's a bit that's a bit louder than the rest; I think you started recording fresh there(?) and it's a noticeable difference. Approximately from 20:53-22:00. It could probably do with a slight deamplification of 1 or 2 dB. But it's not a problem as it is, it's not a massive difference, so it's up to you. Just thought I'd mention it!
I'm putting it as "See PL notes" but if you don't feel that it needs changing, just put it as PL OK ;)
I will check that, and probably adjust it. I used to use leveler, in Audacity, but it seemed to bring up background noise, so I stopped. It will probably be tomorrow before I do any LV work. Tonight is Valentine's Day after all!
Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 16th, 2019, 7:16 am

Foon wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:15 am
Chapter 4 is PL OK, however, if you wish, there's a bit that's a bit louder than the rest; I think you started recording fresh there(?) and it's a noticeable difference. Approximately from 20:53-22:00. It could probably do with a slight deamplification of 1 or 2 dB. But it's not a problem as it is, it's not a massive difference, so it's up to you. Just thought I'd mention it!
I'm putting it as "See PL notes" but if you don't feel that it needs changing, just put it as PL OK ;)
I have adjusted the volume on that section. there is still a bit of tonality difference, but I don't think I can do anything about that.
Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 17th, 2019, 10:56 am

Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 18th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 18th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 18th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » February 19th, 2019, 1:41 am

Oooh nice progress! I need to get my act together! Sorry that I'm a bit slow, I'm just busier than I expected. Will do my best to catch up!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » February 19th, 2019, 3:45 am

Chapters 4 & 5 are PL OK :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 19th, 2019, 4:04 am

Foon wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 1:41 am
Oooh nice progress! I need to get my act together! Sorry that I'm a bit slow, I'm just busier than I expected. Will do my best to catch up!
NOt a problem. Wy wife worked over the weekend, so I took advantage and got a lot of recording done!
Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » February 20th, 2019, 11:59 am

PL notes section 6:
3:11 I hear “and a whimpering contempt” where the text reads “simpering contempt”
17:20 longish pause
19:22 I hear “She clapped her eye to the great door” where the text reads “She clapped her back to the great stone door”

I mainly think the last one could use fixing, since I got rather confused for a moment by her position in this scene. The other two are more optional in my opinion, but figured I'd mention them if you're going to do editing anyways. :)

Fun fact: cats can either roar, OR purr, but not both! Even though the tigers seem to be doing both ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Foon
Posts: 2856
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » February 20th, 2019, 12:26 pm

Chapter 7 is PL OK :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 20th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Foon wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 11:59 am
PL notes section 6:
3:11 I hear “and a whimpering contempt” where the text reads “simpering contempt”
17:20 longish pause
19:22 I hear “She clapped her eye to the great door” where the text reads “She clapped her back to the great stone door”

I mainly think the last one could use fixing, since I got rather confused for a moment by her position in this scene. The other two are more optional in my opinion, but figured I'd mention them if you're going to do editing anyways. :)

Fun fact: cats can either roar, OR purr, but not both! Even though the tigers seem to be doing both ;)
I will get those fixed on the weekend.

I think that these cats must be the evolutionary link between cats that purr and cats that roar!
Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Boomcoach
Posts: 981
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: Bluffton, IN
Contact:

Post by Boomcoach » February 22nd, 2019, 1:40 pm

Foon wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 11:59 am
PL notes section 6:
3:11 I hear “and a whimpering contempt” where the text reads “simpering contempt”
17:20 longish pause
19:22 I hear “She clapped her eye to the great door” where the text reads “She clapped her back to the great stone door”

I mainly think the last one could use fixing, since I got rather confused for a moment by her position in this scene. The other two are more optional in my opinion, but figured I'd mention them if you're going to do editing anyways. :)

Fun fact: cats can either roar, OR purr, but not both! Even though the tigers seem to be doing both ;)
I have uploaded a corrected file. Duration has not changed.
Boomcoach (my Catalog Page)

Post Reply