Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 12th, 2019, 10:16 am Section 14 - Peter the Great (time: 3:02)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_014_tappan_128kb.mp3
ah today you have all been prolific I see. :9: Excellent reading again, Alan. Thank you so much. This section is also PL ok on the first go.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Closing fast!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_061_tappan_128kb.mp3 11:29

Let me know if the names are too bad . . .
~ Larry
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 97 - Sick Man of Europe (time 2:32)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_097_tappan_128kb.mp3

Finally! I did not want to hold up completion of this project. For the next volume I may claim fewer sections.
Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay, thank you Larry and Alan ! Will PL soon.

Only one section left here (*knocks on TJ's door*)

meanwhile for everybody who is interested:

World Story 7 is LAUNCHED:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74619

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: April 12th, 2019, 5:00 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_061_tappan_128kb.mp3 11:29
no it's ok, the names are understandable enough :mrgreen: no need to change them. However your volume is quite low (only 84.4 dB) could you amplify with 4 or 5 dB maybe and reupload the file once more, please ? No other errors found though, great reading, especially when you impersonated Maria Teresa :thumbs: That was one fierce woman. The poor husband :lol:

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 13th, 2019, 2:07 am Section 97 - Sick Man of Europe (time 2:32)
Finally! I did not want to hold up completion of this project. For the next volume I may claim fewer sections.
that's ok, Alan, we are still waiting for one more section. :)

Thank you for a final nice reading for this book. No errors found. Strangely enough, your section this time is also under the desired minimum volume...would it be possible for you to amplify with 3 dB maybe and reupload once more ? Thanks in advance. Nothing else needs changing.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: April 13th, 2019, 10:28 am
alanmapstone wrote: April 13th, 2019, 2:07 am Section 97 - Sick Man of Europe (time 2:32)
Thank you for a final nice reading for this book. No errors found. Strangely enough, your section this time is also under the desired minimum volume...would it be possible for you to amplify with 3 dB maybe and reupload once more ? Thanks in advance. Nothing else needs changing.

Sonia
I may not be able to do this until after Easter as I may be away. That is why I tried to finish it before I went.
Alan
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: April 13th, 2019, 10:23 am
silverquill wrote: April 12th, 2019, 5:00 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_061_tappan_128kb.mp3 11:29
no it's ok, the names are understandable enough :mrgreen: no need to change them. However your volume is quite low (only 84.4 dB) could you amplify with 4 or 5 dB maybe and reupload the file once more, please ? No other errors found though, great reading, especially when you impersonated Maria Teresa :thumbs: That was one fierce woman. The poor husband :lol:

Thank you

Sonia
Yep, she was a force to be reckoned with!

Good grief, how did I do that?
Typo in Audacity, I suppose.

Anyway, here it is with adjusted volume:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_061_tappan_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: April 13th, 2019, 6:53 pm Good grief, how did I do that?
Typo in Audacity, I suppose.
Anyway, here it is with adjusted volume:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_061_tappan_128kb.mp3
thank you, Larry ! All definitely PL ok now.
alanmapstone wrote:I may not be able to do this until after Easter as I may be away. That is why I tried to finish it before I went.
ah, no worries, I quickly amplified it myself just now. Let's treat it as a special service for once ;) Now enjoy your holidays without any worries !!! Hope you're going somewhere nice.

Your Section is also PL ok now.

Only one section left to come in !!!! :9:

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: April 14th, 2019, 1:30 am
alanmapstone wrote:I may not be able to do this until after Easter as I may be away. That is why I tried to finish it before I went.
ah, no worries, I quickly amplified it myself just now. Let's treat it as a special service for once ;) Now enjoy your holidays without any worries !!! Hope you're going somewhere nice.

Your Section is also PL ok now.

Only one section left to come in !!!! :9:

Sonia
Thanks Sonia. Have a good Easter.
Alan
benderca

Post by benderca »

Section 104 Stories of Nasr-Eddin Hoja:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_104_tappan_128kb.mp3 (6:14)

Thanks for your patience, Sonia! The Hoja would have thought it was appropriate that everyone wait for him... :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: April 28th, 2019, 2:43 pmThanks for your patience, Sonia! The Hoja would have thought it was appropriate that everyone wait for him... :D
:lol: you're probably right. He would have come up with some clever explanation for that. :mrgreen:

Well, thank you so much for the final section, TJ and it’s wittily narrated as well. I can hear the smirk in your face all throughout the text. Made me smile as well. I actually visited the grave of Nasreddin on one of the stops on my Turkey travels, it’s just as funny as his stories are. LOL He is a sort of trickster, a bit like the German Till Eulenspiegel, and some of his jests I don’t really find funny, to be honest. :? But the selection here was luckily quite interesting and not one of the mean stories. So I liked them. And it is PL ok.

And this is it, we reached the end of this book :9: A big thank you for all the readers who made this happen !! I enjoyed each and every section and learnt a lot of new and interesting details about European history.

Book 6 has seen the participation of 21 readers in total. As in the previous books, here are the coloured names of the contributors. Some of you now managed to become coloured ;) The names in Red are those who have participated in each of the 6 books (wohooo – let’s not break that streak), those in Blue have been in 5 books, those in Green have participated in 4 books and those in Black have first participated in this one. Strangely enough, we have no readers for 2 and 3 books this time :hmm:

adr6090 / alanmapstone / Availle / benderca / bluechien / catharmaiden / ColleenMC / Foon / Kikisaulite / Kitty / mightyfelix / moniaqua / neecheelok70 / NemoR / realisticspeakers / silverquill / techpsalti / thestorygirl / ToddHW / tovarisch / WiltedScribe

A very special warm welcome goes to techpsalti, who had his LV debut in this project. Well done !

And as you already know, I like to enumerate some special cornerstones of the project, so here goes:

1) Nemo got the ball rolling with the First PL ok section with quite a belly-hurting huge funeral-menu of the 16th century. Still need to digest this. :lol: Thanks Nemo !

2) The 50% PL ok mark was reached by Todd this time, with a wonderful narration of a visit to the salt mines in Wielickza. Definitely made me interested to go visit them one day. Thank you for that, Todd.

3) And Monika reached the 100% PL ok mark with the description of a beautiful painting of Tyrolean mountaineer revolutionaries. Big thanks, Monika.

4) Jim again snatched two prizes, the one for longest section, a full 28 and a half minutes of an attack on the Bashi-Bazouks, quite gruesome actually. Thanks, Jim, for plodding through this gory text. And he claimed and recorded 19 sections in total, so he gets the prizes for most sections as well. :birthday: And as always, thank you for PLing my own sections :D

5) and I decided to have a very special mention for Colleen as well this time. She tackled the section in the Tartar Tent, and didn’t shy away from getting her tongue around the many sentences in a Turk-language. Excellent job, Colleen. Brownie-point for daring !

6) let’s not forget our drama group: Alan, Eva, Foon, Monika, Nemo, Tomas and myself. I think we gave the beginning of Wallenstein’s fall quite a good performance. :thumbs:

7) and last but not least, Miguel (Basquetteur), deserves a big applause for his great cover design, which will be up in a few days, for anyone who is interested. I had a look at the covers so far all in a row and the underlying theme really looks good on one page. Thanks, Miguel !

Now, enough of the speeches… let me archive this baby. I’ll post the link when it’s done. It will take some time as there are quite a lot of sections. Stay tuned !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-worlds-story-volume-vi-russia-austria-hungary-the-balkan-states-and-turkey-by-eva-march-tappan/

:clap:

moving over to Completed Projects now :)

Sonia