LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

And link fixed.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 4:00 pmThank you for the encouragement, Sonia! :) I thought maybe I was giving it too much. I only have the character description to go by, and maybe he isn't that much of a fool? So I was taking something of a risk. I'm glad you liked it and will plug on, accent and all, to the end, hehe.
well you know me....I don't think "overdoing" is a bad thing in our drama productions. :lol: And especially here with Jonson, this is a copy of the Comedia dell'Arte after all, so the figures are supposed to be silly and overcooked. Your Carlo fits right the bill. :thumbs:

Act 2 is also totally PL ok and I still love the voice and accent !

Thanks

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

At long last, Fastidious Brisk Act Five.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_brisk_5_128kb.mp3

There still remains my "hums" from an earlier act. I know I was told you would edit them. But it still concerns me that I used melodies that hadn't been composed yet when the play was written. It has occurred to me that I DO know an older melody, that of "Greensleeves." Still, I won't go back and change it unless it is deemed necessary.

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: March 24th, 2019, 1:51 pmAt long last, Fastidious Brisk Act Five.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_brisk_5_128kb.mp3
and the final act is PL ok right away. :thumbs: Well...poor Fastidious is quite in a tricky situation by the end of the play. :mrgreen:

great job, Brad ! Thanks

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

I'll have my lines in this week. Thank you!
Josh Kibbey
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

It seems I didn't read for this yet? So... whatever a drawer does, do you think I can do it?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Availle wrote: March 25th, 2019, 4:08 pm It seems I didn't read for this yet? So... whatever a drawer does, do you think I can do it?
I'm sure you can make a good drawer. Note that if you wish, you could also be an Act 3 Rustic....

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Acts 3 and 4 of Carlo are ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_carlo_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_carlo_4_128kb.mp3

The grand finale awaits. I bet Sonia is excited to hear that whole cup scene. Gosh, I hope I don't disappoint. :lol:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 25th, 2019, 10:07 pmActs 3 and 4 of Carlo are ready for PL!
excellent job again. I always have to laugh out loud at this accent. :lol: He's so full of it.

Nothing missing as far as I can see. I noticed that you once said "His name is Shirt"....I was wondering if this was a typo because he surely meant Cavalier Shift...then I checked with the search function and Shift is at some points called Shirt as well. :? It's a bit confusing. My gut-feeling tells me that it's a typo, but I can't be sure. So let's leave it at that.
The grand finale awaits. I bet Sonia is excited to hear that whole cup scene. Gosh, I hope I don't disappoint. :lol:
oh I am on tenterhooks for this scene. I am so sure that you will come up with something hilarious. Are you lining up the shotglasses already to help you along with the performance ? ;) :mrgreen:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

And here is the long-awaited Act 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_carlo_5_128kb.mp3

A brief note: the "Lomtero" in the script is clearly a song, so I just sang a few bars of something I made up on the spot. Scholars, it seems, don't know what this song was supposed to be, so no one will mind. I also added some drinking sound effects when Carlo starts imbibing.

Also, to add to the 'Shift/Shirt' confusion, I think the use of 'Shirt' was intentional? I know that in olden times a shift was a kind of thin shirt, and nowadays it's synonymous with a chemise. It's probably used as a pun, and presumably a disparaging one. That's why I said it with a big sneer, because I'm going to guess Carlo is not a fan of the cavalier. :lol: Sonia can confirm, since she knows the play by now.

That's all from me! This was very fun to do, even if a) I had to pretend to know what Carlo was trying to say half the time and b) I was unintentionally channeling Super Mario. :oops: I hope listeners understand this accent is meant to be funny and not necessarily accurate LOL.
Tomas Peter
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

And here's the first of Puntarvolo's acts! The others are being edited right now but I wanted to go ahead and get this first one in.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_puntarvolo_2_128kb.mp3
7:05

Thanks!
Josh Kibbey
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Josh Kibbey
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you all.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 27th, 2019, 4:18 pmAnd here is the long-awaited Act 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_carlo_5_128kb.mp3
:clap: the cup scene is wonderful, Tomas !!! You keep the voices correct throughout the performance, and the drinking in between is a brilliant touch. I find in only amazing that Carlo is not more drunk after this interlude :lol:
Also, to add to the 'Shift/Shirt' confusion, I think the use of 'Shirt' was intentional? I know that in olden times a shift was a kind of thin shirt, and nowadays it's synonymous with a chemise. It's probably used as a pun, and presumably a disparaging one.
ok yes that could make sense, well found. :thumbs:
I was unintentionally channeling Super Mario. :oops:
:lol: I never heard him talk but yes, you're the cliché caricature of an Italian here. And I don't think anybody should take offense, it's all in good humour and anyway, this play is supposed to caricature people and their shortcomings.

Excellent job, and I bet you are relieved to get rid of the accent again. ;) PL ok.

Thanks so much for tackling this role !

Sonia