COMPLETE[PLAY]Every Man Out of His Humour by Jonson - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Besides Asper in the prologue and Clove in act 3, I could also claim the Haberdasher in act 4 and the Constable in act 5. All have quite different personalities and voices.

Of course, only if it suits you well sir!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

~ Stefan V.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: January 29th, 2019, 9:42 amHere is Saviolina:

Edit: and also my two small parts:
sorry, I seem to have missed these yesterday. :? All parts excellently characterized, Foon :9: I especially love this sweet but inquisitive gentlewoman-in-waiting on the window.

Saviolina and Musician already PL ok.

One PL note for the gentlewoman:

> at about 1:35: missing line: “My lady will come presently, sir.

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

svonb002 wrote: January 29th, 2019, 5:36 pm Here's the role for the Hind.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_hind_1_128kb.mp3 0:39 min
thank you, Stefan, now this is a very cautious hind ;) interesting take on the role. But nicely executed and PL ok.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

In the prologue for this play Mitis asks if Asper's new play is written "according to the Terencian manner". Obviously Jonson was aware of the style and rules of comedy laid down by Terence. This is an odd co-incidence as we are also doing a Terence comedy right now.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 30th, 2019, 2:55 amThis is an odd co-incidence as we are also doing a Terence comedy right now.
hehe, with all the plays we are doing now and in the future, I am guessing we will encounter such coincidences more and more often ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NOTE TO TODD, LEANNE and TOMAS:

I just checked the stage directions and in Act 5 I noticed that it's actually Tomas as Carlo who has to play the different voices for the cups, not Leanne as Cordatus, who is only the observer of the scene. I changed that in the MW. I'll PM Leanne and Tomas to make sure they get the message.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 29th, 2019, 6:01 pmStrange, well I thought I had uploaded a few acts earlier, apparently not. So here are all of them! I tried to be careful with all the asides. Also, I may have ordered the stuff wrong in act 1, let me know!
wonderful job on the asides this time :thumbs: you managed to assess correctly which ones needed the character name and which not (at least I would have made the same decision :lol: )

And wow, this was a hard job rummaging through the text looking for those directions. I feel like my eyes are glazed over now. The script is really uncomfortable.

good news: Act 2 is now PL ok. But I found a few things in the other acts to correct still, let's hope I found everything now :lol:

Act 1:

> at about 2:27: missing line: "Fido"

> at 5:36: “with absurd similes” – you say “smiles”, instead of “see-mee-lees” which is a change of meaning of the pun

> at 8:54: “and his warehouse Picthatch” – I may be mistaken but I hear “workhouse” :hmm:

> at about 10:40: missing lines: "THE STAGE. After the second sounding. ENTER CORDATUS, ASPER, AND MITIS."

> at about 11:00: missing line: “Exit

Act 3:

> at 2:30: you can cut out “Punt” here at the end of the sentence, that was meant for Puntarvolo I think ;)

> at about 2:45: missing line: “exit

> at 3:21: I think the name “Fungoso” can be cut out here, this seems to be an error in script and is surely meant for the signature of Fungoso. So this needs to be read by Sordido

> at about 4:58: missing line: “Exit

Act 4:

> at 3:14: MACI., CAR., PUNT., AND FAST. WHISPER TOGETHER. – for “Maci.” you say Macliardi, but it’s Macilente

Act 5:

> at about 5:31: missing line: “exit

> at about 6:12: missing line: “exit Fastidious

> at 6:40: at the end of the play we have to say a longer disclaimer, please add: “End of Every Man Out of His Humour by Ben Jonson”. Sorry, this is missing in the instructions in the first post, must have been deleted by mistake :? Usually it's noted there

Thank you for this very fast turn-around Campbell. Todd usually has to wait longer for the stage directions. But as soon as he has them, he can start prepping his final masterfile, so he will be pleased to have them extra early this time. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:57 pm Haberdasher and Constable for PL:
:lol: now these two are so diametrically different, that's so funny. The constable is extremely gruff and the haberdasher so slimily sycophantic. I bet they were fun to do. Excellent job, Nemo and PL ok.

And finally I'm caught up with this project.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 30th, 2019, 3:10 am NOTE TO TODD, LEANNE and TOMAS:

I just checked the stage directions and in Act 5 I noticed that it's actually Tomas as Carlo who has to play the different voices for the cups, not Leanne as Cordatus, who is only the observer of the scene. I changed that in the MW. I'll PM Leanne and Tomas to make sure they get the message.

Sonia
"Carl", "Cord" - missed the minor difference in character labels. Drat. Thank you for saving me - yet again.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 30th, 2019, 3:38 am Thank you for this very fast turn-around Campbell. Todd usually has to wait longer for the stage directions. But as soon as he has them, he can start prepping his final masterfile, so he will be pleased to have them extra early this time. :9:

Sonia
I really am delighted to have the stage directions so soon. It means I can spot in character lines as they come in instead of waiting until I have to do a huge edit binge at the end of the project.

Thanks, Todd