COMPLETE[PLAY]Every Man Out of His Humour by Jonson - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both. Another role already completed, and no disaster.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

better late than never ! And thanks for the excellent, flawless performance in all three acts now. :thumbs: no corrections required, these are all PL ok and that means: Todd can finish up the final acts :9: :9: (you'll be please to hear that Sordido's part in Act 2 is short, it will probably not cross over our time limit)

this guy really had an obsession with the weather :lol: I am curious how this will all sound assembled.

Thanks again and see you in another play soon !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Acts 1, 2, and 3 now all assembled. I need to go through them each one final time to ensure they are ready for Final PL. Tomorrow perhaps - they are each an hour which means it will take me about 6 hours total...

I think the almanac reading was some sort of comment on the times and a way to make fun of such predictions and those that believe them

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 ready for final PL. You know, it actually all makes sense when put together!

And the almanac reading is a way for Sordido to get advantage of all the farmers that don't know (if the almanac is true) that rain is going to spoil their crops and only his will be ready for market. I think.... Could also be that someone has written and sold him the almanac to take advantage of Sordido! Stay tuned for Acts 2 and 3.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 29th, 2019, 9:53 am Act 1 ready for final PL. You know, it actually all makes sense when put together!
ok I'm now gonna cuddle up on my couch (with bunny) and listen to all this. 1 hour :shock:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 29th, 2019, 9:53 amAnd the almanac reading is a way for Sordido to get advantage of all the farmers that don't know (if the almanac is true) that rain is going to spoil their crops and only his will be ready for market.
yes it all makes sense now 8-) and it all sounded brilliant together in dialogue form. Wow the intro was HUGE :lol: but somehow it already paves the way for all the absurdity that comes later on. I tried to keep track of all the voice credits, you did them a bit in a helter-skelter way, but I think we got them all in. (fingers crossed)

Now I hope you won't groan too much, but I found one tiny little snippet that could be cut out. (sorry, but you want it perfect, right ?)

> right before 26:25: "with a prologue and chorus" - there is a slight stumble from Leanne, which is easily cut out

the rest is PERFECT !!! :clap:

thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 fixed, ready for spot PL. If you are really suffering from too much spare time, you can compare the cast list already on the Project Page with the Act 1 Dramatis Personae - they are in the same order, I hope.

Act 2 ready for final PL. Yes, another hour....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 29th, 2019, 2:06 pmAct 1 fixed, ready for spot PL. If you are really suffering from too much spare time, you can compare the cast list already on the Project Page with the Act 1 Dramatis Personae - they are in the same order, I hope.
:thumbs: excellent idea, yes I just checked them once more with that list. So can I trust that they are all on that list ? Then they're all in and in that order. I also noticed that you still have the acts in which they appear in that list. Better delete those before it's catalogued, will save us some trouble later on ;)

Act 1 now PL ok.
Act 2 ready for final PL. Yes, another hour....
almost the exact same length ! but this one I'll keep for tomorrow....it's past 11 p.m. here and I am starting to feel it

good night for now

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And here (in MW) also is Act 3, ready for your PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 29th, 2019, 2:06 pm Act 2 ready for final PL. Yes, another hour....
just spent another wonderful hour cozied up on the couch listening to us all. :9: everything perfect in this act, totally PL ok

will keep going...I predict in about an hour you can archive !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: May 30th, 2019, 4:58 am just spent another wonderful hour cozied up on the couch listening to us all. :9: will keep going...
Sonia
Oh, how you suffer for our art!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 30th, 2019, 5:32 amOh, how you suffer for our art!
:lol: yes I know, it's a hard lot, but someone's got to do it. :mrgreen:

Act 3 is also totally PL ok. I see you left in all the humming tunes. Nice touch. And the rustic scene was excellent mayhem, just as I hoped it would be.

That means, this Jonson can finally get catalogued. Carry it away, Todd ! Another great addition and I hope I hear the whole group again in the next Jonson... (the cast will be huge there too)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/every-man-out-of-his-humour-by-ben-jonson/

Thank you all for your wonderful voices, and especially thanks to Sonia who has had to read the play 35 times - 34 of them out of order - in proofing everyones's lines.

Another Jonson in early June.

Thanks, Todd