Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you campbell :thumbs:
Carolin
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

66-69 and 71 are PL OK :clap:!

70 notes:
You have a long pause between end of poem and the ending disclaimer. I know you leave a small pause to help differentiate, this one just seemed to go a little longer than the others :D.
The ending silence is a few seconds too long, if you could cut it down a bit that would be great.

You have such an expressive reading style and have mastered the art of knowing when to change the pronunciation of words to make them rhyme! What a strong way to end the collection.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

Hello Shines! Welcome to LibriVox (from your post count I can tell you are relatively new here :)). Hopefully you are having fun!

I have just a few notes for your chapters.

Both of them are a bit quiet, with one at 81 decibels and the other at 84.3. We require a volume of 86-92 dbs, with 89 being preferred, so it would be great if you could amplify them a little. When doing so you may want to listen to see if your amplified background noise is distracting at all (especially in the first one). You may decide that you want to run noise reduction on it.

My other note is textual in chapter 28. Around 0:19 you say 'he's', while the text says 'he has'. This type of thing doesn't usually get mentioned in books and short stories, but in poems it may be mentioned because it throws off the pacing of the poem. Little word switches that don't change the pacing or meaning are often left as is.

Besides these few fixes you sounded great! You had a nice even pace, and picked poems that suited your voice very well!
Campbell
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 15th, 2019, 1:39 pm
KIBBONAFIDE wrote: February 13th, 2019, 1:44 pm

70 notes:
You have a long pause between end of poem and the ending disclaimer. I know you leave a small pause to help differentiate, this one just seemed to go a little longer than the others :D.
The ending silence is a few seconds too long, if you could cut it down a bit that would be great.
Oh, wow, tell me about it! Almost comically long....thanks for catching, Campbell!

Here's the reupload for spot PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/childsongsofcheer_70_stein_128kb.mp3
:27

Thank you so much! This morning I listened to the Knight-Errant poetry project that we're on together and I enjoyed your rendition! Keep it up.
Josh Kibbey
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both!
Carolin
Prism

Post by Prism »

Hello, I would like to claim #26 Showery Time and #32 What If?

These will be my first recordings, could I be listed in the catalogue as Shona Kingston please?
lymiewithpurpose

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: February 15th, 2019, 3:03 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 15th, 2019, 1:39 pm
KIBBONAFIDE wrote: February 13th, 2019, 1:44 pm

70 notes:
Oh, wow, tell me about it! Almost comically long....thanks for catching, Campbell!

Here's the reupload for spot PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/childsongsofcheer_70_stein_128kb.mp3
:27

Thank you so much! This morning I listened to the Knight-Errant poetry project that we're on together and I enjoyed your rendition! Keep it up.
Sounds great now! No more really long pauses :D. I also enjoyed your rendition of the Knight-Errant poetry (I liked everybody's). That's what's so cool about poetry, everybody has a different interpretation!
Campbell
Shines

Post by Shines »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 15th, 2019, 1:52 pm
Hello Shines! Welcome to LibriVox (from your post count I can tell you are relatively new here :)). Hopefully you are having fun!

I have just a few notes for your chapters.

Both of them are a bit quiet, with one at 81 decibels and the other at 84.3. We require a volume of 86-92 dbs, with 89 being preferred, so it would be great if you could amplify them a little. When doing so you may want to listen to see if your amplified background noise is distracting at all (especially in the first one). You may decide that you want to run noise reduction on it.

My other note is textual in chapter 28. Around 0:19 you say 'he's', while the text says 'he has'. This type of thing doesn't usually get mentioned in books and short stories, but in poems it may be mentioned because it throws off the pacing of the poem. Little word switches that don't change the pacing or meaning are often left as is.

Besides these few fixes you sounded great! You had a nice even pace, and picked poems that suited your voice very well!
Hi lymiewithpurpose!

I am having fun thank you for asking and thank you for the compliment!

Thank you so much for the notes! Below are the corrected files. Please let me know if they need any other changes!
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/childsongsofcheer_25_stein_128kb.mp3 :38

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/childsongsofcheer_28_stein_128kb.mp3 :40