[Complete][Solo]The Inheritance by Susan Ferrier - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Chapter 10 has been submitted. I see why there are 106 or whatever massive number of chapters: each is short. But I think that fits your schedule better, at least as long as the World exists. :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 31st, 2019, 3:26 pmI see why there are 106 or whatever massive number of chapters: each is short. But I think that fits your schedule better, at least as long as the World exists. :lol:
:mrgreen: well, I love such short chapters, but I know you are used to longer sections. If you want to hand in 2 or 3 at the same time, that is fine with me as well, you know, especially when they are so short. It's as you wish, but I know you have a lot of other projects running at the same time, so maybe you prefer this slower pace. I'm fine with whatever you decide.

I only have one note for this section and I have to confess that (mea culpa) I missed to note this error in the previous chapters as well. :oops: At the end you always say "chapter" instead of "section", but since this has 3 books, it will always start again with a chapter 1, so we need to say the section numbers to differentiate and make the numbers continuous. I am so sorry I missed this on the previous ones. Would you mind correcting and reuploading them all once again ?

I checked them all once more and luckily, a few at the beginning you did correctly: 1, 2, 3 and 6 are PL ok.

So I would only need corrections to the end disclaimer in sections 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Soooorrrrrryyyy. I am really ashamed. I will be extra careful with the following sections.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am the one who should apologize. I should have noticed. Thanks. I will fix. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes thank you, all PL ok definitely. Sorry again for the oversight. But I'm glad we noticed now and not only at Book 2. :|

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Absolutely. I am going to be sure I keep on the right track. And thanks. :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I have entered Section 11. Thanks and no hurry (as if you would delay :lol: ).
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

THIRTEEN CHILDREN !!!! :shock: they certainly knew how to occupy their spare time. :lol: Well...two worlds are definitely clashing here. But I found this short chapter very interestingly described. Now I'm curious about the sisters...

This chapter is PL ok. Thanks. I'm still hooked to the story.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yeah, four was enough for us, and I did mention to my wife the notion of so many and she had the same expression as your image. I too am liking this story and her style. Thanks for the listen. :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 12. Please, no hurry. I am just wending my way through my line-up, and this one was next. You have too much to do at this crucial time with the Worlds! Jim :shock:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 13th, 2019, 5:42 am Here is Section 12. Please, no hurry. I am just wending my way through my line-up, and this one was next. You have too much to do at this crucial time with the Worlds! Jim :shock:
thank you, and don't worry. I'll find some time for the Inheritance :mrgreen:

how cool, are you having a rota on when to read what ? I notice that you seem to be doing these sections at a regular interval. Good idea in a way. :thumbs:

BTW have you seen that two of your section choices were already claimed before ! Don't put them on your reading list (wouldn't want the work to be done double)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh ! I didn't expect this, but Mrs St. Clair became awfully disagreeable to me in this chapter. First we find out that she dropped a young suitor because she wanted to live a life of glamour with an aristocrat, so it wasn't really for love-at-first-sight that she married St.Clair. And now she regrets this because she knows her first suitor moved up in the ranks. She goes so far to tell to her daughter's face that she regrets leaving the house, which would mean that Gertrude was never born ! How rude can you be ? Then lastly, why did she never ever visit or keep contact with her sisters during 33 years, if she cared so much for them ? She appears here as a woman who only pities herself and the wrong choice she made in life. I do not like her at all after this revelation. :evil:

Nevertheless....an interesting chapter and flawlessly read. Thanks !

PL ok as well :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Excellent analysis of the widow. She is rather befuddled. Thanks for your attention to and interest in our project. :D
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 13. Jim :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brrr, the mother is more and more disagreeable to me. :? This obvious greed to be comfortably well off in her future, and wanting to persuade her daughter not to marry, so she wouldn't be penniless, was a bit of a disgusting discussion. She obviously only sees her daughter as the heiress of a fortune. Not a nice streak. Luckily Gertrude also is aware of this change in her mother.

Section 13 is PL ok. Kudos for the French poem, sounded very nice :thumbs:

Sonia