Yes, welcome.

Todd
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

Can I read 9: Maid, Act 4? :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Nichalia wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 1:07 am Can I read 9: Maid, Act 4? :)
Thank you.

Todd
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

Hi Todd! Here is 14, Maid, Act 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_maid_4_128kb.mp3 (00:19)

It's two lines, and I'm not sure what's going on, really... Or what the maid means by "bowels." Is she holding some intestines? xD If you have any feedback, or if anything needs to be changed, please let me know! Thanks!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nichalia wrote: February 24th, 2019, 7:04 am Hi Todd! Here is 14, Maid, Act 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_maid_4_128kb.mp3 (00:19)

It's two lines, and I'm not sure what's going on, really... Or what the maid means by "bowels." Is she holding some intestines? xD If you have any feedback, or if anything needs to be changed, please let me know! Thanks!
hi, me again, I seem to be following you around today :mrgreen: thanks for this wonderful weeping moment :thumbs: excellent play-acting. And don't worry, you grasped the situation quite well. "to have bowels for someone" is an old expression meaning to sympathize or have feelings for them. So naturally she would weep if she had to beat him.

Only one line missing, yes, the maid actually had 3 quotes :lol:

> at about 0:04: please insert "Madam, shall I beat him?" (and please leave a bit more space

also, since you have to reupload anyway, you could cut out "act 4" this time in the voice credit ;)

simply rename the file exactly the same, the old file will then get replaced by the new one :)

thanks

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Nichalia wrote: February 24th, 2019, 7:04 am Hi Todd! Here is 14, Maid, Act 4:
In the bible the bowels are regarded as "the seat of pity or tenderness". So I think she means that she feels pity for him.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: February 24th, 2019, 7:31 amIn the bible the bowels are regarded as "the seat of pity or tenderness". So I think she means that she feels pity for him.
yes maybe only pity and not sentimental feelings, you may be right...still, the weeping fits

thanks Alan

Sonia
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

Kitty wrote: February 24th, 2019, 7:33 am
alanmapstone wrote: February 24th, 2019, 7:31 amIn the bible the bowels are regarded as "the seat of pity or tenderness". So I think she means that she feels pity for him.
yes maybe only pity and not sentimental feelings, you may be right...still, the weeping fits

thanks Alan

Sonia
Hi Sonia! Oops! Thank you. I'll fix it. Bowels as pity, huh, I learn something new every day.
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nichalia wrote: February 24th, 2019, 7:56 amBowels as pity, huh, I learn something new every day.
:lol: yes LibriVox is extremely good for our education. Especially for vocabulary not used anymore since the 1900s :mrgreen:

thanks, all PL ok now. Even though, you inserted the missing line at the wrong spot, it was the very first quote you missed. But Todd will find it, I'll make a note in the MW, no need to reupload another time.

Thanks, and see you in the next one, hopefully, you have a knack for outgoing dramatics :thumbs: that's what we need here !

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Here's Storm, the highwayman! Yes, I'm afraid this is what my voice sounds like at the moment - at least I'm putting it to good use! There are also some "drinks" sounds included at the appropriate points, but you can cut them out if you'd rather have the narration instead of the action. There should be enough space around the sounds to edit them out fairly easily.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_storm_4.mp3 (3:40)

Funny, I only just realised that Storm and Charcoal are in league together - the two Aussies are conspiring against the rest of you! :twisted:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote: February 25th, 2019, 11:28 pmYes, I'm afraid this is what my voice sounds like at the moment - at least I'm putting it to good use!
:shock: oh my, it physically hurts me to listen to your voice. What happened to cause this ? Is it the flu ? While I do agree that you are putting it to good use, please also take care of your vocal chords and don't strain them too much. You still need them for years to come ;)
There are also some "drinks" sounds included at the appropriate points, but you can cut them out if you'd rather have the narration instead of the action.
thanks for these, it sounds appropriate but I let Todd decide on the final editing job :) Indeed there is a lot of room to fiddle if needs be

Storm is perfectly roguishly PL ok in my opinion. :thumbs: Thanks so much for the effort, Beth !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Betty is also PL ok. She has a sweet voice but the things she says are nonetheless scheming in a way. She is definitely a worthy adversary to my Lettice, we're both complotting to have our ladies marry the right guy. :lol:

Thanks, Devorah, great job.

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Kitty wrote: February 26th, 2019, 3:03 am
Elizabby wrote: February 25th, 2019, 11:28 pmYes, I'm afraid this is what my voice sounds like at the moment - at least I'm putting it to good use!
:shock: oh my, it physically hurts me to listen to your voice. What happened to cause this ? Is it the flu ?
Probably. You remember that I'm a doctor? One of the professional hazards is catching coughs from patients! However, this is also the reason I'm not doing general recording at the moment! I'm strictly doing highwaymen and invalids only! ;)