COMPLETE[PLAY]The Lying Lover by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Thank you Sonia, I was tired last night but didn't want to put it off any longer, I will make the corrections.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent corrections for Acts 1 and 5 which are now PL ok. :thumbs:

For Act 4 there is still a misunderstanding:

> at 3:13: "He told Lovemore this morning such a relation of his feasting ladies" - this is now a different version, but still the wrong meaning. You say "he told him of such a relation with his ladies" which conveys another meaning again.
It only means: "he told him such a tale of his ladies" - simply exchange "tale" for "relation" and you have it ;)

third time is the charm ?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd and Larry, I noticed an unclaimed Servant in Act 5. Both Larry's servant in Act 2 and the Servant in Act 5 appear in Penelope's lodgings, so it could be safe to assume that this is the same servant. Wouldn't it be better if Larry took on both roles ?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: February 20th, 2019, 5:20 am Todd and Larry, I noticed an unclaimed Servant in Act 5. Both Larry's servant in Act 2 and the Servant in Act 5 appear in Penelope's lodgings, so it could be safe to assume that this is the same servant. Wouldn't it be better if Larry took on both roles ?

Sonia
Larry,

I expanded your claim to include the Act 5 servant. Hope that is okay. (As a servant, I am sure you are supposed to say "Yes Sir. Right away Sir!")

Thanks, Todd
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: February 20th, 2019, 12:35 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_frederick_4_128kb.mp3
Hope this is the charm.
it is ! thank you so much. Now you nailed it. 8-) And PL ok. I release you now to find new roles (we'll meet again, I'm sure :mrgreen: )

btw I just listened to Act 2 in Amends for Ladies and it struck me that your character was almost the same than George Dandin, only this one was even a lot meaner to his wife. But the frustration and jealousy is the same. You had good practice for that role :lol:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Old Bookwit is in the MW awaiting PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 20th, 2019, 7:51 pmOld Bookwit is in the MW awaiting PL.
awwww Old Bookwit is such an endearing man. A welcome change from the overbearing and plodding old father we so often have in Molière. I especially love that scene in jail when the father is heart-broken. So emotional. :9:

Well portrayed, Todd, absolutely great role for you. Acts 2 and 4 are already PL ok.

one missing part in Act 5 though, we need a bit more sobbing from you ;)

> at 0:21: "You'll excuse, sir, a father's sorrow" - this may be trivial, but you say "you excuse me sir a father's sorrow" which is a bit incorrect grammatically. Optional though

> at about 1:42: quite a long speech missing here: "Oh, my dear child! Oh, Tom! are all thy aged father's hopes, then, come to this, that he can't see thee, his only son, but guarded by a gaoler? Thy mother's happy that lived not to see this day. Is all the nurture that she gave thy infancy, the erudition she bequeathed thy youth, thus answered? Oh, my son! my son! rise and support thy father! I sink with tenderness, my child; come to my arms while thou art mine."

thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Drat. Hate that the script had "O Bookwit" and "Y Bookwit" for Old and Young - guess I missed one of the lines that was mine. (I did record two of the wrong ones and have to edit them out....)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: February 21st, 2019, 6:48 am Drat. Hate that the script had "O Bookwit" and "Y Bookwit" for Old and Young - guess I missed one of the lines that was mine. (I did record two of the wrong ones and have to edit them out....)

Thanks, Todd
Whoops. That was the wrong excuse. But, at any rate, fixed file of Act 5 uploaded for spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 21st, 2019, 7:28 amWhoops. That was the wrong excuse.
indeed ;) but wow, you gave it your all in this snippet. A minute more and I would have had tears in my eyes. The poor broken man.

Excellent job ! PL ok now. Now go find something funnier to counterbalance this emotional performance.

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

I'm taking your suggestion - this looks to be a fun play. After looking it over a bit - I think I'd like to give Lovermore a shot.
Thanks!
Aaron
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: February 21st, 2019, 1:31 pmI'm taking your suggestion - this looks to be a fun play. After looking it over a bit - I think I'd like to give Lovermore a shot.
yay :mrgreen: welcome aboard, Aaron. Lovemore is a cool role. I think you can do it justice. Have fun !

Sonia