COMPLETE[PLAY]The Lying Lover by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LexHankins wrote: March 16th, 2019, 10:03 pm [Pg 121] "enchanted castles, where strangers found strange tables strangely furnished with strange cates"
I'm still recording... I read this as crates. The food's inside the crates, eh? :roll: :D
actually, no, it's really "cates". I checked it with the original scan and they have that word too. So I looked it up on wiktionary. Be prepared to learn a new vocabulary item of your mother tongue ;) (yes the perks of LV is that we learn something new every day).
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cate
cate (plural cates)
1.(in the plural) A delicacy or item of food.
So it's actually the food itself that is meant :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

So is that how we get deli-catesen?

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 17th, 2019, 8:38 am So is that how we get deli-catesen?
:shock: I didn't even think about that ! I also just noticed that the verb "to cater" must come from that word. So it's not unused today after all.

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

In the "March" madness, I'd be happy to do the Chair-man in act 3 and the Turnkey in acts 4 and 5.
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

NemoR wrote: March 19th, 2019, 1:57 pm In the "March" madness, I'd be happy to do the Chair-man in act 3 and the Turnkey in acts 4 and 5.
Thank you.

Todd
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
TwoFace

Post by TwoFace »

I would like to do the prisoners to get this finished. If it is okay for me to voice act two different voices :) If i am only allowed one ill take the 1. Prisoner. Question: I don't have to read the [Gives it to the next prisoner.] Right ?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TwoFace wrote: March 19th, 2019, 3:48 pm I would like to do the prisoners to get this finished. If it is okay for me to voice act two different voices :) If i am only allowed one ill take the 1. Prisoner. Question: I don't have to read the [Gives it to the next prisoner.] Right ?
hey Benni, you found the drama forum :thumbs:

well we try to avoid doubling voices that appear in the same act, and here they even appear in the same scene. So I'll sign you up for the First Prisoner, I'm sure we can find another voice for the small part of the other prisoner. ;)

To answer your question: no, you don't have to read the stage directions, we have a separate narrator who reads those. That's why it's crucial that you leave enough space (at least 2 seconds) between all your chunks (even when the stage directions are inside one of your sentences). So our editor (Todd) has enough space to fiddle with while copying all the bits into his masterfile.

Please also give us your voice credit right at the start of the file, like this: "First Prisoner, read by (the reader name you want to use)"

thanks and have fun acting out. :mrgreen:

Sonia
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

I'll be the second prisoner then

Sandra
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: March 20th, 2019, 12:32 am I'll be the second prisoner then
yay, thank you Sandra :9:

we're fully claimed !!!

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for the fast turn-around, Nemo !! Both Chairman and Turnkey are PL ok. The turnkey's raspy voice made me cringe a bit, I hope your vocal chords didn't get too strained by this effort. :? (it does sound cool for this character though ;) )

Sonia
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: March 20th, 2019, 12:20 pmhere is the second prisoner
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_2ndprisoner_4_128kb.mp3 (0:09)
thank you, Sandra, that was fast. And I love the accent you're doing here :mrgreen: I wish he had more to say.

PL ok

Sonia
TwoFace

Post by TwoFace »

Here is the 1st Prisoner :) https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_1stprisoner_4_128kb.mp3 trying my best at an Irish Accent to match the nationality of the author :)