COMPLETE[PLAY]The Lying Lover by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Oh, oh, oh! By far, my favorite play so far. This was so much fun! I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for more like it.

Here are Lovermore's parts.

Act 1 - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_lovermore_1_128kb.mp3
Act 2 - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_lovermore_2_128kb.mp3
Act 4 - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_lovermore_4_128kb.mp3
Act 5 - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_lovermore_5_128kb.mp3 (I added a little kiss sound to the end of the last line there - feel free to use or discard.)

Thanks so much for another wonderful experience!
Aaron
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: March 6th, 2019, 1:38 pmOh, oh, oh! By far, my favorite play so far. This was so much fun! I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for more like it.
I'm glad you liked the play. And the good news is, we are planning on doing the whole Steele catalogue of works ;) So after this one is done, there will surely be another play.

I will PL your sections tomorrow morning, I'm a bit tired today and logging off any minute. But looking forward to your characterization. :mrgreen: And I'm sure some well-placed kisses will get used.

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sadly Steele did not write that many plays, but there are at least a couple more. Then we'll have to find someone new!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 6th, 2019, 2:17 pm Sadly Steele did not write that many plays, but there are at least a couple more. Then we'll have to find someone new!
:shock: we're already nearing the end ? I thought there was a whole book still of at least 4 or 5 plays...must have mistaken it with someone else then. :?

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

I'll volunteer for them ALL. No matter how many are left.

Well, I was going to suggest Beaumarchais - but it looks like the only ones on Gutenberg are French, maybe none of the translations are public domain yet.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: March 6th, 2019, 2:21 pm
ToddHW wrote: March 6th, 2019, 2:17 pm Sadly Steele did not write that many plays, but there are at least a couple more. Then we'll have to find someone new!
:shock: we're already nearing the end ? I thought there was a whole book still of at least 4 or 5 plays...must have mistaken it with someone else then. :?

Sonia
We're using a book here that has all 4 of his, and we're on the second so we'll finish them all this year. Steele wrote a lot of essays and other prose - nowhere near the glorious play output of Pinero!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: March 6th, 2019, 2:25 pmI'll volunteer for them ALL. No matter how many are left.
Well, I was going to suggest Beaumarchais - but it looks like the only ones on Gutenberg are French, maybe none of the translations are public domain yet.
hmm you could try checking on archive.org, they have more books scanned than Gutenberg, maybe you get lucky there.

In any case, Lovemore was brilliant :thumbs: I especially loved the jealousy scene in the second act, in the beginning when he is totally exasperated that he is invisible to Penelope. I was almost rolling on the floor here with each of your outbursts. :lol: You need to be careful with the volume though, you are risking clipping if you go any louder. I know how it is in the heat of the moment, happened to me too sometimes.

And wow, you can die in style :thumbs: sounded absolutely highly dramatic. Well, he didn't die, but in the last act he has a change of character, he has mellowed down (probably the loss of blood :wink: ) Absolutley well done, all throughout.

All Acts PL ok. Only one single thing missing:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, could you please say the whole description, as in the MW: “Lovemore, in love with Penelope, read by Aaron White”. BTW it is “love”-more, not “lover”-more ;) but that's ok.

Please insert it in the first act and reupload that one. The rest is fine.

Thanks so much, looking forward to hearing you in the next plays.

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Kitty wrote: March 7th, 2019, 2:04 am
> at 0:01: for the voice credit, could you please say the whole description, as in the MW: “Lovemore, in love with Penelope, read by Aaron White”. BTW it is “love”-more, not “lover”-more ;) but that's ok.

Please insert it in the first act and reupload that one. The rest is fine.

Thanks so much, looking forward to hearing you in the next plays.

Sonia
Wow - the whole time I was reading it as Lovermore. Sheesh. Well, I have fixed it for Act 1 - including adding the descriptive phrase and uploaded to the same name -
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_lovermore_1_128kb.mp3

Thanks

Oh - and I did see your PM. I think I'll take a look!

Aaron
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: March 7th, 2019, 7:33 amWow - the whole time I was reading it as Lovermore. Sheesh. Well, I have fixed it for Act 1 - including adding the descriptive phrase and uploaded to the same name
PL ok now. Yes I noticed in Act 5 that you said it wrong there too, but chose to ignore it. He is allowed to call himself whatever he wants ;)

yes... there is a subtle but not altogether insignificant difference between having "more love" and having "more lovers". Now what does such a tiny Freudian slip of the tongue say about the reader :lol:

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Kitty wrote: March 7th, 2019, 7:38 am

yes... there is a subtle but not altogether insignificant difference between having "more love" and having "more lovers". Now what does such a tiny Freudian slip of the tongue say about the reader :lol:

Sonia
!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :wink:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And remember that I don't even care if other people call him slightly different things either. People just plain pronounce names differently all the time. Accents, pet names, nicknames, whatever. Sonia tells the story about where we had 8 different pronunciations of "Imogen" in one play. Never had a listener complain that I am aware of....

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

As my character Simon is only in acts 2 and 4, can I offer to do the two short bits of Mr Leverage in acts 3 and 5. I can use a different voice.
I promise not to sing, tempting as it may be!
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 7th, 2019, 8:36 amSonia tells the story about where we had 8 different pronunciations of "Imogen" in one play.
was it really 8 ? no, I think it was "only" 5 or 6. Still I never knew one could have so many variations :lol:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

alanmapstone wrote: March 7th, 2019, 9:39 am As my character Simon is only in acts 2 and 4, can I offer to do the two short bits of Mr Leverage in acts 3 and 5. I can use a different voice.
I promise not to sing, tempting as it may be!
Yes, please do this.

Thanks, Todd
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello again Todd,
One more small section for me, please.
Section 7- watchman act 4
April