COMPLETE[PLAY]The Lying Lover by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 4th, 2019, 8:53 amLeveridge acts 3 & 5
thank you, Alan, both poems are beautifully read and you even managed to give each a distinct rhythm, even without singing. The first is more melancholy while the second more upbeat. Very fitting. :thumbs:

Both PL ok.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

--
Lex (she/her)
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

Notes... For the Latin v, I pronounced it using the classical w sound. Hmm, I may have delivered that line too angrily...

Also, I upgraded my mic. It's a little warmer in the baritone range.
--
Lex (she/her)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LexHankins wrote: April 8th, 2019, 8:49 pmNotes... For the Latin v, I pronounced it using the classical w sound. Hmm, I may have delivered that line too angrily...
Also, I upgraded my mic. It's a little warmer in the baritone range.
the mic sounds great :thumbs: and yes, maybe considering what it is you actually said in Latin, you did sound a bit martial :lol: but that's ok, let's blame it on exuberance on Latine's part ;)

For me this is PL ok, nothing missing, excellently acted out. :thumbs: Looking forward to the rest. Thank you so much, Lex.

And Todd: Act 3 can be finalized 8-)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 9th, 2019, 7:57 amAct 3 ready for final PL.
oh that was a rather short one. But the confusion scene was highly interesting, now hearing it all assembled. Well done by all involved. :thumbs:

I would only suggest two croppings of lengthy pauses between the three stanzas of Alan's poem:

> from 9:37 to 9:39 and from 9:48 to 9:50 - over two seconds feels too long between stanzas

the rest is excellent !

PS: what about act 1, since Alan is now in with the voice credit, can I Spot PL that one ? :hmm:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 fixed as you suggest.

Will finish off Act 1.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 9th, 2019, 1:14 pmAct 3 fixed as you suggest.
yes, better now. PL ok :)

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Thanks for working so hard on this guys. I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

On the librivox wiki are there informational tabs on editing and PLing and such. I may want to help do those things at some point.

Aaron
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: April 9th, 2019, 1:19 pmOn the librivox wiki are there informational tabs on editing and PLing and such. I may want to help do those things at some point.
oh we always welcome more DPLers :9: as for editing, Todd always edits all of his plays, but some other BCs (especially for DR) may welcome help on editing a few chapters, where you can help out without having to do the whole thing.

And if you like to try and BC a one-act-play, you know you can do that over in our current OAP-collection (where you are already reading). As BC for one play you can do the PLing yourself and also the editing, it will show you on a small scale what's in store for you ;) (Hint: we need 4 more plays to finish the collection :mrgreen: )

As to pointers....the FAQ for PLers is here: viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667

Not sure if we have that for editing, maybe Todd knows a better link...

well basically it's opening all the different parts in separate Audacity windows (or whatever program you're using), adjusting volumes, maybe noise-cleaning if one file is too noisy, then meticulously cutting and pasting every bit into the correct slot and hoping everything is correct (or at least that your PLer finds anything you messed up :lol: )

Todd now will scream at me that I make it sound so easy...but it really needs a lot of patience, organization, time and nerves of steel (and a good mouse-hand)

Sonia
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

In Act IV, it seems fair to say Latine is WICKED DRUNK in the first two scenes... but is it reasonable to portray him as almost completely sober in Scene 3? Or has not enough time passed? (Granted, he might process the alcohol swiftly...)
--
Lex (she/her)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LexHankins wrote: April 9th, 2019, 7:36 pmIn Act IV, it seems fair to say Latine is WICKED DRUNK in the first two scenes... but is it reasonable to portray him as almost completely sober in Scene 3? Or has not enough time passed? (Granted, he might process the alcohol swiftly...)
also, don't forget that some people sober up quickly if they get a "healthy shock" or a situation warrants that they get their wits together fast. I guess if what he says sounds sober, you can slowly "snap out of the slur" :lol:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: April 10th, 2019, 2:48 am also, don't forget that some people sober up quickly if they get a "healthy shock" or a situation warrants that they get their wits together fast. I guess if what he says sounds sober, you can slowly "snap out of the slur" :lol:

Sonia
You have admire a PL who is prepared to “do the research” on these heavy drinking voice-characterisations. ;)

Of course, you realise that I’m kidding.

Ring a fire bell beside a sleeping Dalmation; sound the Charge in the ear of a retired cavalry major. Neither will respond more quickly than Our Sonia to a “Ready for PL”. :9:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: April 9th, 2019, 1:19 pm Thanks for working so hard on this guys. I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

On the librivox wiki are there informational tabs on editing and PLing and such. I may want to help do those things at some point.

Aaron
You might take a look at viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44647 for some dramatic work guidelines.

And as Sonia notes, there is a One Act Play collection underway at this point where we help you run a play so you can try it.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: April 9th, 2019, 1:14 pm Act 3 fixed as you suggest.

Will finish off Act 1.

Thanks, Todd
Act 1 is done and ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd