COMPLETE [WWI] A Son At The Front by Edith Wharton - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wonderful. Thank you so much.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Martyp

Post by Martyp »

I am very interested in recording this book! I am an experienced voice talent, but he to Librivox. I also love aedith Wharton and lived in France for a year.

If you would like. Voice sample,q please let me know.

Marty Peterson
Marty ad Martypeterson.com
MartyPeterson.com
Martyp

Post by Martyp »

Pardon typos in last note - writing on my phone!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Martin,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. For now, I will give you chapter 2 if that's ok, to make sure you get the hang of things around here before proceeding to commit to do more. Before you start, please:
1. Post a one-minute sampal recording, to make sure that your technical settings are all correct.
2. Let me know if the name and url you wrote above are those you want me to link to the catalogue. If not, please tell me what to write on your catalogue page.
If you need any help, just let me know.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

Hello! I love Edith Wharton--I see someone else is doing chapter 2, so may I read chapter 3? Thanks
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi MLC13,
welcome aboard. Sure, chapter 3 is all yours. Have fun,
Stav.
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

miss stav wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 12:04 pm Hi MLC13,
welcome aboard. Sure, chapter 3 is all yours. Have fun,
Stav.
I feel very lame confessing this, but I can't find any chapter designations in either the pdf or the epub versions. Please help me. And thanks!
Marylou
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Marylou,
the word "chapter" does not appear. But the roman numbers do. So you have III in the etext. Let me know if you need more help.
Stav.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

If it helps, chapter 3 starts on page 27, from the roman numeral III https://archive.org/details/sonatfront00whar/page/27
and ends on page 39, up to the roman numeral IV.
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

Stav, Rapunzelina— Thank you both!
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

A question: My French is pretty good and there's a character name "Beausite," which I would pronounce "Bo-seet." But if you let me know how it's pronounced in the previous 2 chapters, I'll say it the same way, for consistency.

I'm really enjoying this book. I'm currently reading Chapter 3—may I have 4 too?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hay, I do not know how it is pronounced, so you can pronounce it as you like. Sure, chapter 4 is all yours. have fun,
Stav.
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

Hello, hello: Here's the link for Chapter 3. Runtime is 20 mins, 23 seconds. Best, Marylou

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/sonatfront_03_wharton_128kb.mp3
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. Do you want to record more chapters from this book?
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

I’m already committed for chapter 4, but yes, I would like to read more. Finding another Edith Wharton book is like coming across a lost treasure. I’m currently very busy, however. Is there a tight deadline? If not, I’d be willing to read the whole thing, if you like my reading style.
Best, Marylou