COMPLETE [WWI] A Son At The Front by Edith Wharton - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

If you take the whole thing, except the chapters already claimed by others, it becomes your solo, and consequently you decide on a deadline. I would no longer be in the picture and you would be your own book coordinator. Just see what you want to do about it. Everything is fine by me.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

What does being a book coordinator entail?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

In your case, managing the magic window. I am sorry for the short response, but it is so late here and I am tired. Please read in the librivo wiki, they have detailed instructions. In the morning I will write more if you need.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

MLC13 wrote: February 19th, 2019, 10:56 am I’m already committed for chapter 4, but yes, I would like to read more. Finding another Edith Wharton book is like coming across a lost treasure. I’m currently very busy, however. Is there a tight deadline? If not, I’d be willing to read the whole thing, if you like my reading style.
Best, Marylou
From first post of thread:
Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I listened to chapter 3 it is very well read!! :9:
I found some odd differences from the text. Did you perhaps read from a different text source?
For example, at around 15:04 the phrase "Fortin smiled" is not in text, and then around 16:48 the phrase "Why, yes, naturally" is missing from the recording. Also, you don't need to include the run-time in the recording, so you can cut out those couple of seconds in the end.
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

I'm glad that you like my reading--it's so nice being appreciated. I'm mystified about the 2 discrepancies. I used the approved text, so my best guess is that sometimes I read ahead as I'm speaking & maybe that's what I did. Is it sufficient as is, or would you like me to fix it? Fine with me either way.

About the time limit: I was asking in the case of solo. But thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
-Marylou
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes, you can take the rest of the chpaters, but you cannot tkke chapters from those who claimed before you. I think 2 would be yours at the end because the reader never got back to me about a catalogue name or test recording. And you can learn how to use the mw.
Please change the chapter according to the text. We must read exactly what is written.
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

miss stav wrote: February 20th, 2019, 1:58 pm Yes, you can take the rest of the chpaters, but you cannot tkke chapters from those who claimed before you. I think 2 would be yours at the end because the reader never got back to me about a catalogue name or test recording. And you can learn how to use the mw.
Please change the chapter according to the text. We must read exactly what is written.
I've done the 2 fixes and removed the runtime announcement at the end.
I've been thinking about doing the book solo, but I can't—at least, not now.
As you know, I've already committed to chapter 4, but I'd like chapter 5 as well. Ok?

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/sonatfront_03_wharton_128kb.mp3
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

No problem. Chapter 5 is all yours.
Stav.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 3 is PL OK now after the fixes :thumbs:
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

Hi-- Here's Chapter 4. I make it 24 mins and 17 seconds

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/sonatfront_04_wharton_128kb.mp3
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. Want to continue with 6 after finishing 5?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 4 is PL OK! Great reading Marylou, you give life to Wharton's words!
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Hello,

May I claim section 6?

Kind regards,
Chad
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 25th, 2019, 5:04 am Chapter 4 is PL OK! Great reading Marylou, you give life to Wharton's words!
Thank you! I love Wharton and appreciate being appreciated.