[COMPLETE] Lovecraft's Influences and Favorites -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

TriciaG wrote: November 16th, 2019, 5:07 pm I could try editing section 5, if you like. Obviously I can't correct mispronunciations, but the standard PL stuff should be pretty easy to fix.
If BC's/MC's/Reader are happy with just standard PL editing stuff for this section and no changes to pronunciation for any of the words, it's certainly fine with me, of course. (Just thought some of the words needed a fix to be understood--but that's me. :) ) I enjoyed listening to the section.
Kind regards,
Lucretia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It is listed as standard PL, and the reader hasn't logged in since...

Oh, wait - she logged in yesterday. :oops: I thought she was long gone.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks for the offer Tricia - and thanks for the PLing , but as the original BC isn't around and he did state standard PL, and I'm the MC, I'll take it on , fix what I can and PL the result. Hopefully, it will work out OK.

Anne
rafeball

Post by rafeball »

Hi Anne,

Seaton's Aunt parts 1 & 2 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lovecraftsinfluences_25_various_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lovecraftsinfluences_26_various_128kb.mp3
47:03

I notice that there's one story left to be recorded (What Was It? by Fitz-James O'Brien), claimed by Boomcoach back in May. I normally tend to favour reading stories by English authors, but if you don't mind the story being read in an English accent I'd be happy to record that last one to bring this collection home.

(Boomcoach, if you happen to read this - I see you were last on the forums a few weeks ago - and still want to record the story, please just holler)

Regards,

Rafe
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks for those. I PMed Boomcoach on 17th November and he picked it up and hasn't answered so I think real life has changed for him. I've allocated the section to you, it would be great if you could do it.

Anne
rafeball

Post by rafeball »

And we're across the line!

(Barring any adjustments being picked up in PL)

What Was It?
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lovecraftsinfluences_02_various_128kb.mp3
cjb188

Post by cjb188 »

Section 2: What Was It? By Fitz-James O ’Brien: RafeBall
_ _ At 5:38 there’s a pause where the number to the building I suspect should be. I just wondered if that was purposeful or on accident? Other than that it was an incredible read; really enjoyed it. PL OK.
cjb188

Post by cjb188 »

Section 25 Seaton’s Aunt by Walter de la Mare
Section 26 Seaton’s Aunt by Walter de la Mare

I hope it's okay that I comment on these two sections together, but comprehensively these were great. I heard what sounded like technical tick or something at 23: 40 in Section 26, but other than that small detail it was great. :thumbs:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks to the readers and the PLers who've stepped up to get this finished. I'll get it catalogued as soon as I have fixed all the metadata - just need some time onmy real computer

Anne
cjb188

Post by cjb188 »

Lovecraft's Influences and Favorites
Section 7 PL OK.
cjb188

Post by cjb188 »

Lovecraft's Influences and Favorites
Section 12 PL OK.
rafeball

Post by rafeball »

cjb188 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 8:45 pm Section 2: What Was It? By Fitz-James O ’Brien: RafeBall
_ _ At 5:38 there’s a pause where the number to the building I suspect should be. I just wondered if that was purposeful or on accident? Other than that it was an incredible read; really enjoyed it. PL OK.
Thanks for PLing all of those, cjb188, and for the compliment! There are a couple of those gaps, it’s the old issue of how to represent where in the text itself it’s written as, “No. _____ Somesuch Street.” I think it sounds odd if you just ignore the space and read it as if it were not there. I did consider perhaps coughing or clearing my throat over the gap, but went with just leaving a little space in this case.

- Rafe
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Rafe - another option is to say "Number blank Somesuch Street." That works well, I've found. (Not to say you need to change this recording; it's a suggestion in future recordings. This blanking out of names and numbers happens a lot.)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
rafeball

Post by rafeball »

Thanks Tricia - that’s a good idea, as it’s still effectively reading out what’s there! If it was a personal reading I’d have made up a number or rephrased it to something like “the house on sumesuch street” but I know that’s not appropriate for Librivox recordings.

If it was a modern story I’d have ‘bleeped’ it out, but that’s not really period appropriate ;-)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Finally back. Thank you everyone.

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page here:https://librivox.org/lovecrafts-influences-and-favorites-by-various/[/color]

Anne