[COMPLETE] The Romance of Modern Mechanism by A. Williams - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17017
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » November 16th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Thanks Aniroo and Andy! :)
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

tding
Posts: 70
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » November 18th, 2019, 9:31 am

Aniroo's encouragement made my day!

Tina

tding
Posts: 70
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » November 18th, 2019, 9:49 am

Carolin,

Could I please claim Section 14 and 15 for Chapter XII, the Machinery of a Ship? Thanks.

Tina Ding

aniroo
Posts: 1137
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » November 18th, 2019, 10:19 am

Section #27 PL Ok :thumbs:

Well paced, easy to follow! :D

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17017
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » November 18th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Thank you aniroo!

Tina, the shippy chapter is all yours. Enjoy! :D
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

tding
Posts: 70
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » November 19th, 2019, 8:39 am

Availle wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 4:08 pm
Thank you aniroo!

Tina, the shippy chapter is all yours. Enjoy! :D
I'll get shippy soon!

JenT
Posts: 7
Joined: September 12th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Contact:

Post by JenT » December 2nd, 2019, 1:26 pm

Hi, I would like to read Section 17 (Chapter XIV - The Mechanism of Diving) please.

Also, this would be my first LibriVox recording. My preferred name is Jenny TB. Personal website https://creationpeak.com

Thanks!

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17017
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » December 2nd, 2019, 7:52 pm

Hi Jenny and welcome to this project!

I see you got your test all sorted out. :thumbs:

I've entered you into the database, just click your name in the Magic Window and you'll get to your very own catalog page where you can see all your claimed and finished sections at a glance.

Other than that, the first post says it all - have fun and feel free to ask when you have questions. :D
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

tding
Posts: 70
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » December 3rd, 2019, 9:52 am

Hello,

Section 14 (Chapter XII - The Machinery of a Ship, part 1) has been uploaded and ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/modernmechanism_14_williams_128kb.mp3 (37:15)

Thanks.

Tina

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17017
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » December 3rd, 2019, 5:15 pm

Thank you Tina! :D
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

JenT
Posts: 7
Joined: September 12th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Contact:

Post by JenT » December 4th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Hi!

I uploaded the recording for Section 17 (Chapter XIV - The Mechanism of Diving):
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/modernmechanism_17_williams_128kb.mp3

The recording is 16:54 in length. (Please note I didn't see Carolin's name in the MC selection. I selected Availle instead because that's who replied to my first post. I hope this is ok!)

Also, is it possible to add my URL to my catalog page? I wasn't sure if I do this, or if it gets added some other way.

Thanks so much. This is fun!

Jenny
Last edited by JenT on December 6th, 2019, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17017
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » December 6th, 2019, 6:17 pm

Thanks for your recording, Jenny, I've entered it into the MW. Please stick around and wait for the comments from aniroo, our DPL, who will listen to your file. I'm glad you liked the experience, there's much more where this came from... :wink:

I've checked your website, but... umm... You see, usually people link to a personal blog or a site where they collect all their recordings. Yours seems to be a business website with all the "we/us" "Privacy Policy" "Terms and Conditions" "Newsletter"... Nothing against a good online business, and I wish you good luck with it, but maybe it's not the best thing to link to from LV? sorry...
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

aniroo
Posts: 1137
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » December 7th, 2019, 10:43 am

JenT wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 9:23 pm
Hi!

I uploaded the recording for Section 17 (Chapter XIV - The Mechanism of Diving):
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/modernmechanism_17_williams_128kb.mp3

The recording is 16:54 in length. (Please note I didn't see Carolin's name in the MC selection. I selected Availle instead because that's who replied to my first post. I hope this is ok!)

Also, is it possible to add my URL to my catalog page? I wasn't sure if I do this, or if it gets added some other way.

Thanks so much. This is fun!

Jenny

SEction 17 PL NOtes.

Beautifully read. There is only one small edit that needs doing. SEciton 17 is not the end of the entire book so you'll need to delete the final phrase at the end of the file that says, End of MOdern Mechanisms. That will only be read at the end of the last section. Your section should end with end of Section 17

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:

aniroo
Posts: 1137
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » December 7th, 2019, 12:01 pm

tding wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 9:52 am
Hello,

Section 14 (Chapter XII - The Machinery of a Ship, part 1) has been uploaded and ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/modernmechanism_14_williams_128kb.mp3 (37:15)

Thanks.

Tina

Well done! :thumbs:

Section 14 PL OK.


aniroo
aniroo :wink:

JenT
Posts: 7
Joined: September 12th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Contact:

Post by JenT » December 7th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Hi Aniroo,

I just uploaded the new file with the correction you requested:
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/modernmechanism_17_williams_128kb.mp3

The new timestamp is 16:49.

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks!
Jenny
aniroo wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 10:43 am
JenT wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 9:23 pm
Hi!

I uploaded the recording for Section 17 (Chapter XIV - The Mechanism of Diving):
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/modernmechanism_17_williams_128kb.mp3

The recording is 16:54 in length. (Please note I didn't see Carolin's name in the MC selection. I selected Availle instead because that's who replied to my first post. I hope this is ok!)

Also, is it possible to add my URL to my catalog page? I wasn't sure if I do this, or if it gets added some other way.

Thanks so much. This is fun!

Jenny

SEction 17 PL NOtes.

Beautifully read. There is only one small edit that needs doing. SEciton 17 is not the end of the entire book so you'll need to delete the final phrase at the end of the file that says, End of MOdern Mechanisms. That will only be read at the end of the last section. Your section should end with end of Section 17

Thanks,
aniroo

Post Reply