COMPLETE-[NF-Biology]Elements of Herpetology and Ichthyology-Ruschenberger-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

Hi! Unfortunately, I have to give up chapter 10 for now because there has been a family emergency and I have to take an unexpected road trip, no idea when I will get back again. Sorry for the inconvenience!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you so much for letting us know. Best wishes to you and your family.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

Thanks! I was looking forward to that one, oh well. Hopefully someone will claim it so you can finish the book, but if I get back soon, and it's still open, I'll take it on again. I love fish and sea creatures! Perhaps it's because I am a Pisces :D
}<)))o>
<o(((>{
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

I'm back and ready to reclaim chapter 10! :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Great! Thank you! I will update the MW with your claim.
-Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kozmique,
That was wonderful! I proof listened it. PL OK.
The last passage in it sounded like a theory of devolution.
There a few little reminders in there that this was written in 1844. I especially like the long definition of the mysterious thing called electricity. And the definition of parachute as: "A machine somewhat in the form of the top of an umbrella, used to moderate the descent of those who ascend in balloons, and guarantee them against the effects of a sudden fall."
I will start cataloging.
Thanks so much!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-elements-of-herpetology-and-ichthyology-by-william-ruschenberger/

The Ruschenberger series of natural history books is now complete now after beginning in 2011. :9:

Thank you, All! Congratulations! :clap:
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

Yay! :D :D :D
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

alg1001 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 11:13 am Hi Kozmique,
That was wonderful! I proof listened it. PL OK.
The last passage in it sounded like a theory of devolution.
There a few little reminders in there that this was written in 1844. I especially like the long definition of the mysterious thing called electricity. And the definition of parachute as: "A machine somewhat in the form of the top of an umbrella, used to moderate the descent of those who ascend in balloons, and guarantee them against the effects of a sudden fall."
I will start cataloging.
Thanks so much!
Thank you Amy! It is definitely one of those throwbacks that makes a good contrast against contemporary culture that lets you see how much (or in some cases, how little) we have changed.

-Zarina