COMPLETE Harper's Young People, Issue 15-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JorWat
Posts: 1209
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » February 22nd, 2019, 1:29 pm

iBeScotty wrote:
February 21st, 2019, 7:17 pm
Merci, et voila

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp015_01_various_128kb.mp3
10:35
PL OK!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.


JorWat
Posts: 1209
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 2nd, 2019, 8:11 am

Section 6 is PL OK, but you're missing 'To My Valentine' at the end of Section 9.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

jillebean
Posts: 2503
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » March 2nd, 2019, 12:33 pm

Thank you Larry and thank you Jordan!

Jill :)

silverquill
Posts: 10329
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 2nd, 2019, 10:55 pm

JorWat wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 8:11 am
silverquill wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 10:11 pm
Here are my two sections:
Section 6 is PL OK, but you're missing 'To My Valentine' at the end of Section 9.
Well, that went right past me!
But, here you go with the little rhyme added:


https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp015_09_various_128kb.mp3 5:16

jillebean
Posts: 2503
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » March 3rd, 2019, 9:57 am

silverquill wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:55 pm
JorWat wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 8:11 am
silverquill wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 10:11 pm
Here are my two sections:
Section 6 is PL OK, but you're missing 'To My Valentine' at the end of Section 9.
Well, that went right past me!
But, here you go with the little rhyme added:


https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp015_09_various_128kb.mp3 5:16
Thanks once again!

Jill :)

JorWat
Posts: 1209
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 3rd, 2019, 10:07 am

silverquill wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:55 pm
JorWat wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 8:11 am
silverquill wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 10:11 pm
Here are my two sections:
Section 6 is PL OK, but you're missing 'To My Valentine' at the end of Section 9.
Well, that went right past me!
But, here you go with the little rhyme added:


https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp015_09_various_128kb.mp3 5:16
PL OK!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

Sunbeard
Posts: 27
Joined: February 24th, 2018, 8:57 pm

Post by Sunbeard » March 4th, 2019, 11:53 pm


jillebean
Posts: 2503
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » March 5th, 2019, 10:41 am

Sunbeard wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:53 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp015_05_various_128kb1.mp3 (11:12)

Section 5 done.
Thanks,
Sunbeard
Thank you! Added to MW for PL.

Jill :)

JorWat
Posts: 1209
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 6th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Sunbeard wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:53 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp015_05_various_128kb1.mp3 (11:12)

Section 5 done.
Thanks,
Sunbeard
Hi Sunbeard,

The text is all correct, but the background noise is too loud. Try doing some noise cleaning using the last five seconds as your noise sample.

Oh, and the file name isn't quite right; you've got an extra '1' on the end that isn't needed (i.e. it should be 'hyp015_05_various_128kb').
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

kawatara
Posts: 37
Joined: March 5th, 2019, 3:35 pm

Post by kawatara » March 6th, 2019, 5:16 pm

Hi
Last edited by kawatara on March 7th, 2019, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sunbeard
Posts: 27
Joined: February 24th, 2018, 8:57 pm

Post by Sunbeard » March 6th, 2019, 7:47 pm

JorWat wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 2:40 pm
Sunbeard wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:53 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp015_05_various_128kb1.mp3 (11:12)

Section 5 done.
Thanks,
Sunbeard
Hi Sunbeard,

The text is all correct, but the background noise is too loud. Try doing some noise cleaning using the last five seconds as your noise sample.

Oh, and the file name isn't quite right; you've got an extra '1' on the end that isn't needed (i.e. it should be 'hyp015_05_various_128kb').
So I did the noise reduction the first time, but alas I think somehow in my sleep depraved state I put the Sensitivity to negative instead of positive so I made it worse. I think I did it better this time. Thanks for being patient with me. I'd like to know how to have less background noise to start with, perhaps its my recording volume that's too high... Regardless, here is the edited version with noise reduction. (I hope) lol.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp015_05_various_128kb.mp3 (11:12)

JorWat
Posts: 1209
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 7th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Sunbeard wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 7:47 pm
So I did the noise reduction the first time, but alas I think somehow in my sleep depraved state I put the Sensitivity to negative instead of positive so I made it worse. I think I did it better this time. Thanks for being patient with me. I'd like to know how to have less background noise to start with, perhaps its my recording volume that's too high... Regardless, here is the edited version with noise reduction. (I hope) lol.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp015_05_various_128kb.mp3 (11:12)
Much better! PL OK
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

Bill Mosley
Posts: 874
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: Llano, Texas, USA

Post by Bill Mosley » March 10th, 2019, 10:40 am

Howdy from Texas!

No activity here since February 16? What a shame!

I'll remedy that with

2 Tommy's Valentine; Lost in the Snow 1100 Words.

if you like.
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss

jillebean
Posts: 2503
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » March 10th, 2019, 5:32 pm

Bill Mosley wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 10:40 am
Howdy from Texas!

No activity here since February 16? What a shame!

I'll remedy that with

2 Tommy's Valentine; Lost in the Snow 1100 Words.

if you like.
Wonderful! Thanks Bill!

Jill :)

Post Reply