COMPLETE[PLAY]Crossings: A Fairy Play by De la Mare - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mightyfelix wrote: November 7th, 2019, 9:59 pm
LCaulkins wrote: November 4th, 2019, 9:05 am I've uploaded Mr. Honeyman Act 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossings_mrhoneyman_05.mp3 (1:58)
1:01 I'm not sure that this ALL line ("Please," p. 83) ought to be spoken by Mr. Honeyman. It seems that he and Budge and Welcome are on stage during this part, but not interacting with the others. I suspect this means all of the children. Still, best to leave it in and let Todd make that decision during editing, in case I'm reading it wrong.
1:24 More space for directions after "I never"
1:51 OPTIONAL: Slight change of wording. The line is "He'm a copper-boy, he be." I'm hearing "He'm a copper-boy, he is." The only reason that I mention it is because I think that the wording of Honeyman's lines adds to his character. But if you don't want to re-record this bit, then don't worry about it. :)

And I will also go ahead and mark Act 3 PL ok. :thumbs:
Oh, he definitely wants his colloquial "be"!

Here's the corrected file for Honeyman, Act 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossings_mrhoneyman_05.mp3 (2:03)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

LCaulkins wrote: November 8th, 2019, 7:41 am Oh, he definitely wants his colloquial "be"!

Here's the corrected file for Honeyman, Act 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossings_mrhoneyman_05.mp3 (2:03)
PL ok! Well done! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Todd, I noticed that Josephine had been marked as "See PL notes" for some time now, and so I went hunting through the thread to see what the status was. And lo and behold, I found the missing line, hiding out a few pages back:
Ealswythe wrote: August 25th, 2019, 2:03 pm Hi Todd,
Here's my missing line from Act 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/josephine_5_128kb.mp3
:D
I've added this file into the MW as a link in the notes section and marked Josephine PL ok. :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you! Sorry I missed that.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: November 8th, 2019, 1:17 pm Thank you! Sorry I missed that.

Todd
Don't mention it! (Oops, too late!) :wink:
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hi Todd ... Christmas comes a little early this year. Santa told me you have been a very good boy (really?), so as a present, can you sign Eva D. up for the role of Rev. Jeremy Welcome and myself for the role of Mr. John Budge.
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

YES! An early present! Many thanks.

Todd
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you!

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yay, more Crossings! I'll do this one later this evening. First thing on the agenda is going out to see Christmas lights! :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have orphaned Jemima since the new reader never did the one minute test or even logged in after joining and claiming sections on 1 Nov. So we aren't quite full yet!

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Mr. Budge
Act 3:

1:26 OPTIONAL Script reads "I've brought 'ee the second, the suppermentary, list." You've actually corrected this mispronunciation, so that you are in fact correctly pronouncing the word "supplementary". I think Mr. Budge's failed attempt at this word is very charming and would be well worth including.
5:17 Missed line, p 46: "Not my givin', miss; though mebbe missie mid find a few berries on this fork of holly."
5:39 Missed ALL line: "A song! A song!" (This is said in response to your own line, but I could see Budge starting up a chant maybe in support of his own idea. Better to have too many voices here, I think, than too few, so Todd can pick and choose what works.)

Act 5:

0:09 Missed line, p 81. Long paragraph, beginning: "Mr. Budge and Mr. Honeyman of this parish..."

Thank you, Nemo! Great job! :D
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

mightyfelix wrote: December 15th, 2019, 10:50 pm Mr. Budge
Act 3:

1:26 OPTIONAL Script reads "I've brought 'ee the second, the suppermentary, list." You've actually corrected this mispronunciation, so that you are in fact correctly pronouncing the word "supplementary". I think Mr. Budge's failed attempt at this word is very charming and would be well worth including.
5:17 Missed line, p 46: "Not my givin', miss; though mebbe missie mid find a few berries on this fork of holly."
5:39 Missed ALL line: "A song! A song!" (This is said in response to your own line, but I could see Budge starting up a chant maybe in support of his own idea. Better to have too many voices here, I think, than too few, so Todd can pick and choose what works.)

Act 5:

0:09 Missed line, p 81. Long paragraph, beginning: "Mr. Budge and Mr. Honeyman of this parish..."

Thank you, Nemo! Great job! :D
Thanks Devorah!

ACT 3:

I changed supplementary to "suppermentary" as requested. Spot PL between 1:24 - 1:32

Missed line added. Spot PL between 5:19 - 5:26

I disagree on that "ALL" line. I left it out as it did not seem to me, that Budge would request a song in the previous line and then answer himself with the others with "A song, A song" .... however it's no big deal to add, so to give our esteemed editor more choice, I added this as well!. Spot PL between 5:49 - 5:52

ACT 5

Missed line added. I didn't see this one buried there as I was looking only for all the "Mr B." entries for my lines ...sorry!. This is for Spot PL between 0:09 - 1:52

Please make a note that between 0:18 - 0:21, I recorded an extra phrase in here that you or Todd can edit out as I wasn't sure which way you wanted it read, so I did both. The text reads: "being in their right minds and of full age, D.V. ..... the D.V. stands for "Deo Volente" and means "God Willing". I didn't think Budge would say "Deo Volente" but he is reading from a piece of paper. I recorded "God Willing" 1st here, but then right after it, recorded "Deo Volente" ... with enough space to trim out whichever one you don't want.

Hope that's all!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_johnbudge_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_johnbudge_5_128kb.mp3
Nemo

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. And thanks for the explanation of DV - I would not have understood what was going on there without it.

Todd