COMPLETE[PLAY]Crossings: A Fairy Play by De la Mare - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

EmmaHatton wrote: January 24th, 2019, 7:13 am one of my first lines says "Sing" should I sing or read the line?
Good question, and I should have put something in the first posting.
Do not sing. De la Mare was a poet and his words alone are musical enough. It is also hard to match voices that sing. And hard to ensure that tunes sung are PD.

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Can I claim the Candlestick-maker?
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ChuckW wrote: January 24th, 2019, 7:12 pm Can I claim the Candlestick-maker?
Thank you.

Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Hi Todd! Just checking in to make sure you saw that I re uploaded Act 5, ready for Spot PL. I get that you may have seen it and just not gotten around to it, just didn't get a reply and wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the thread :D
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 24th, 2019, 8:17 pm Hi Todd! Just checking in to make sure you saw that I re uploaded Act 5, ready for Spot PL. I get that you may have seen it and just not gotten around to it, just didn't get a reply and wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the thread :D
Got it. PL OK.

I try to keep up, but I do have a lot of projects. Never feel bad about reminding me!

Thanks, Todd
EmmaHatton

Post by EmmaHatton »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

EmmaHatton wrote: January 25th, 2019, 5:51 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_sallieorsarah_1_128kb.mp3 sarah/sallie act one ready.
Very nice. You and your sister Ann (and probably your brothers, though I have not heard them yet) are going to sound great together, with you coming across as the older sister than mostly understands what is going on in the Adult world. (At least in Act 1 - let's see what the play has you do in the future acts!)

Act 1 is missing a line at 4:23 in your file - a joint line with France at the very top of page 14.
At 4:51, I hear "But it's so Aunt Agatha" where the text at the top of page 15 has "But so is Aunt Agatha". We don't worry about being word perfect to the text when we call out "Standard PL" for a dramatic work, but this changes the meaning for a listener and that is important.
The line at 6:30 is actually to be said by Ann - calling out your name so it does look like a line for you, but it is Ann alone. You can cut this out of your file.

Again - very nice.

Thanks, Todd
EmmaHatton

Post by EmmaHatton »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Perfect. PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
EmmaHatton

Post by EmmaHatton »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Very nice reading - but a couple lines missing:

two lines (you combined with Frances) missing from bottom of page 26 - 3:35 in your file.

At 3:45, missing line "and now - the cabman" from top of page 27

At 4:16, "responsible" should be "reasonable"

At 4:22, missing ALL line "Good Night, Mr Widge"

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Very nice. Sorta a human - and sorta inhuman at the same time....

But some lines that are buried in the stage directions were missed:
Act 3 at 0:12, could you add (reading, NOT singing) the poem stanzas at top of page 49? It'll be a number of you together

Act 4 - at 0:07 you say the poem at bottom of page 68. The lines you currently have in your act 4 file actually belong at the beginning of Act 5

Act 5 - in addition to shifting over the Act 4 lines, could you please read the poem on page 82?

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ToddHW wrote: January 28th, 2019, 4:42 pm
Very nice. Sorta a human - and sorta inhuman at the same time....

But some lines that are buried in the stage directions were missed:
Act 3 at 0:12, could you add (reading, NOT singing) the poem stanzas at top of page 49? It'll be a number of you together

Act 4 - at 0:07 you say the poem at bottom of page 68. The lines you currently have in your act 4 file actually belong at the beginning of Act 5

Act 5 - in addition to shifting over the Act 4 lines, could you please read the poem on page 82?

Thanks, Todd
Whoooooops! Sorry about that. I'll record the extra lines tomorrow afternoon (and might redo one I'm slightly dissatisfied with).
PROJECTS