COMPLETE[Classics] Feminism in Greek Literature - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

adr6090 wrote: February 20th, 2019, 4:04 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismingreekliterature_05_wright_128kb.mp3 time 20:07

Hello here is the section that I had claimed.
Please do let me know what changes I need to make as I am not feeling as though this will be a spot on "pl okay" recording. :hmm:
Hello, April

The section is a bit too low in volume, so I will ask you to amplify it a bit, please. Other than that, there is a stumble at 18:30, "Iphigenia". :)
Leni
=================
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Leni,
Yes, the Agamemnon the greatest in world literature, really seriously?? Wright states a lot of judgments that he makes sound authoritative but are really just his opinions. I have to say that I don't agree with a lot of what he says and his homophobia discredits many of his opinions but it's still interesting (and important? :hmm: ) to see how much has changed in the last 100 years, I think. How changes in our attitudes have changed our interpretations of the ancient world and its literature!
Dave
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

DaveWindell wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 2:37 am Dear Leni,
Yes, the Agamemnon the greatest in world literature, really seriously?? Wright states a lot of judgments that he makes sound authoritative but are really just his opinions. I have to say that I don't agree with a lot of what he says and his homophobia discredits many of his opinions but it's still interesting (and important? :hmm: ) to see how much has changed in the last 100 years, I think. How changes in our attitudes have changed our interpretations of the ancient world and its literature!
Dave
Hey Dave

Absolutely! That is why I offer to DPL this book, I was curious to see how much had changed in the field in the last 100 years :lol: And from more fragments of Sappho discovered to changes in this kind of attitude like his homophobia, it's very interesting to see how some have changed completely, but some still hold true. :)
Leni
=================
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

April
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

adr6090 wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 4:28 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismingreekliterature_05_wright_128kb.mp3 time 20:06

Hello, here is my amended file. :clap:
Sections 5 and 9, spot-checked and PL OK!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

seloreno wrote: February 21st, 2019, 2:23 pm Here is the amplified chapter 9! Duration still 21:22

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismingreekliterature_09_wright_128kb.mp3

And here is chapter 10! Duration is 25:51

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismingreekliterature_10_wright_128kb.mp3
Section 10 is PL OK.
Leni
=================
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Leni wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 2:57 pm
adr6090 wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 4:28 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismingreekliterature_05_wright_128kb.mp3 time 20:06

Hello, here is my amended file. :clap:
Sections 5 and 9, spot-checked and PL OK!
sweet!
:D
April
lauriannedramatix

Post by lauriannedramatix »

Hello !

Here is the link for part 13 (Aristotle) : https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismgreekliterature_13_wright.mp3
Duration : 39:47

Please let me know if I need to clean some noise, amplify it or if there is any mistake i did not catch when I was editing. It's my first recording, I'm still learning.

Thank you so much! :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

lauriannedramatix wrote: February 24th, 2019, 6:11 pm Hello !

Here is the link for part 13 (Aristotle) : https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismgreekliterature_13_wright.mp3

Please let me know if I need to clean some noise, amplify it or if there is any mistake i did not catch when I was editing. It's my first recording, I'm still learning.

Hey, well done! That's a long file for a first reading! :thumbs: I've noticed that you didn't give a voice credit "read by Laurianne..." at the start. Was that on purpose? It isn't compulsory, but most people do read their own name into the file as part of the intro.

Also I see that the filename is missing the "_128kb" at the end. If that's the only issue we can fix that at cataloguing, but if you want to make any other changes, you might as well correct the filename while you are doing so.

I've put this file in the Magic Window for Proof Listening - our DPL will give you more feedback, so don't make any changes just yet!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Elizabby wrote: February 24th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Hey, well done! That's a long file for a first reading! :thumbs: I've noticed that you didn't give a voice credit "read by Laurianne..." at the start. Was that on purpose? It isn't compulsory, but most people do read their own name into the file as part of the intro.

Also I see that the filename is missing the "_128kb" at the end. If that's the only issue we can fix that at cataloguing, but if you want to make any other changes, you might as well correct the filename while you are doing so.

I've put this file in the Magic Window for Proof Listening - our DPL will give you more feedback, so don't make any changes just yet!
I am on it! :D It is a bit late here now, but I will PL it tomorrow for sure. Hang on just a bit! :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello! Here I am with your PLing notes.

The level of noise and the volume are excellent, no need to change anything there. However, you might want to alter your setup for the next readings, to find a place where the microphone doesn't catch as much air. There were some distracting plosives in the recording, I marked the most prominent, so you maybe can re-record the sentences. They are at: 02:26, 05:47, 10:06, 13:50, 18:13, 20:30, 28:48, 35:06 and 37:23.

Besides that, we have:
at 21:40, a repetition "A practice which Euripides"
at 28:38, a word is hard to hear, "consequently"
at 28:55, a word is missing, "error"

Congratulations on your first reading! :D
Leni
=================
lauriannedramatix

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback! I will try to complete it by the end of the week (probably by Friday)
I will be sure to add the _128kb at the end. I'll add the «read by Laurianne» also.

And what do you mean by changing my set up? Would it help if I changed my microphone (its a headset) ?

Thanks again :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I started with a headset mic too! Because the mic is close to your mouth it can catch air when you breathe out on sounds like "b, p" unless you move the mic up or down a bit. It's less of an issue if you have the mic in front of your nose or chin, where it will catch sound but not breath.

The other way is to get a pop filter, but I don't think they work for a headset mic.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

lauriannedramatix wrote: February 26th, 2019, 7:14 am Hello!

Thank you for your feedback! I will try to complete it by the end of the week (probably by Friday)
I will be sure to add the _128kb at the end. I'll add the «read by Laurianne» also.

And what do you mean by changing my set up? Would it help if I changed my microphone (its a headset) ?

Thanks again :D
Exactly what our BC said. :D
Leni
=================
lauriannedramatix

Hello !

It's been a really busy week, so I couldnt really get to it, but I'll send the audio for sure before next friday.

Thanks!