[COMPLETE] The Silent Rifleman, A tale of the Texan prairies by Henry William Herbert - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hsparent55

Post by hsparent55 » February 9th, 2019, 9:08 am

TriciaG wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 6:48 am
I see this and will start cataloging. 8-)

Now that you've recorded this, do you want to add anything to the summary/intro that will go on the catalog page?
Is it a done deal, too late to add to the summary? If not, I'd like to add this small bit from the story, makes a good teaser! Being new to narrating, I'm still learning.

"Two, four, six, eight," he muttered to himself at intervals. "Yes, there are eight of them."
Again he laid his ear to the ground and listened.
"Yes, there are eight of them, sure enough," he again muttered; and then, after a pause, he added: "But two of them are mules, I think; and they are coming right down hitherward."
Then he looked to his rifle lock, and cocked his piece.
"Unless they turn aside when they reach the timber, they will be on me in five minutes; and if they know the forest, they will not turn, that's certain; for here's the only place where you can find hard bottom to ride in and out of the old Bravo, for ten miles up and down."
He paused from his soliloquy, listened again, and then a smile crept across his intelligent face.

A tale from the 1800s in the Texas plains written by British author Henry William Herbert. - Summary by E.J. Wiley

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » February 9th, 2019, 9:18 am

Done!
Christmas Lore: LINK
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries

hsparent55

Post by hsparent55 » February 9th, 2019, 11:47 am

Thanks so much Tricia! I look forward to doing a lot more. While I hope to do this professionally if I can improve my vocal, editing, and mastering skills, I really like doing the public domain work as well because there are so many excellent works that have fallen off the public view simply because they are old. Reading stuff from years gone by brings back to life the way of life that most of us either have forgotten or never knew. I have some really old stories from my family that took place here in Texas that connect me to my ancestors. Some of whom succumbed to injuries acquired in battles with the Apache and at the Alamo. Some were Texas Rangers. Really neat stuff to read about. Even though we lost family in those battles, my heart still goes out to the early natives of this country. I suspect some of my heritage lays with them as well.
:clap: :thumbs: