COMPLETE[CHILDREN] The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot by Arthur Scott Bailey-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot by Arthur Scott Bailey (1877 - 1949).

Arthur Scott Bailey, a native of the state of Vermont, wrote over forty children's books using a variety of animals, birds and even insects to entertain. The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot is one of 16 stories of his Tuck-Me-In Tales series. ( Larry Wilson)
  • This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-tale-of-turkey-proudfoot-by-arthur-scott-bailey/

1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/21844
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot, by Arthur Scott Bailey. [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot, by Arthur Scott Bailey. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      turkeyproudfoot_##_bailey_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. turkeyproudfoot_01_bailey_128kb.mp3)

Please ignore ID3 V2 tags. They will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
~ Larry
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Larry,
I am snapping this one up. I'll get the MW up for you.
Cheers!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hey, thanks so much, Amy!

Sections are entered, and we are ready for readers and a DPL!
~ Larry
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi, may I claim section 2-8 please?
love these stories!

thanks

ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
softstepgd

Post by softstepgd »

good day, are you looking for a specific DPL.
I would like to try my hand a PLing of a few sections.

Let me know.

Take care
leselle
You will know when you get there... :) :thumbs:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

softstepgd wrote: January 13th, 2019, 12:46 pm good day, are you looking for a specific DPL.
I would like to try my hand a PLing of a few sections.

Let me know.

Take care
leselle
A few questions.

Do you want to be DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) to PL all sections in the project, or do you want to PL just a few chapters? Most projects have a DPL. This is best for the project flow and for consistency. But, if you wan to do just a few chapters, I think we can arrange for that, so let me know.

Although technically not required, I like to have a PL who will also check the file specifications using our simple Checker program.

I saw your discussion on the other forum, so I'll give you my method. I do a lot of PL work.
I like to download the files and listen to them in Audacity. It allows me to see the wave form and the time stamp for making notes.

I just left click on the link in the MW, choose "save link as" and save it to my "DPL to Do" folder. Then I drag it into Checker which automatically checks volume and other specs. Then I just drag it into Audacity and listen to it. I don't save it in Audacity since I have the file in my folder. I've got a LOT of stuff in my folders! (It is important always to listen from the link in the MW, not from what is posted in the forum).

PL notes are just posted in the forum. I try to find the post with the link and reply to it, either as "PL OK" or with notes for anything that needs correction. If you are DPL, then you have access to the Magic Window where you can change the status from Ready for PL, to PL OK or See PL Notes.

Proof listeners are valuable members of the team!

Let me know what you might like to do.
~ Larry
softstepgd

Post by softstepgd »

Silverquil,

I would like to try a few chapters, for now if it isn't too much of a problem. However, I do understand that having a DPL would be better for consistency and flow (I'm not sure if I'm ready for that life as yet.. :lol: ).
Using checker should be fine.

ll
You will know when you get there... :) :thumbs:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, we'll still look for a DPL, but I'll have you PL the first few sections that come in. Maybe I'll go ahead and record Section 1 for you.
~ Larry
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will move you to Readers Wanted now.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I volunteer to read Chapters 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13
Russ Bruno
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Shasta wrote: January 14th, 2019, 9:05 pm I volunteer to read Chapters 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13
Wonderful!
Glad to have you join us, Russ.
~ Larry
lomond

Post by lomond »

silverquill wrote: January 13th, 2019, 7:13 pm Okay, we'll still look for a DPL, but I'll have you PL the first few sections that come in. Maybe I'll go ahead and record Section 1 for you.
Greetings -

I am more than willing to be the back-up for softstepgd while they learn the joys of PLing. I will stay in the background and only take over if they decide not to do all the sections.

Lomond
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I would like to read 14-18 please.
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

May I have 22 through 24, please?
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021