[COMPLETE] "Tell It All": The Story of a Life's Experience in Mormonism by Fanny Stenhouse - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Now that the team is complete, it's off to the Going Solo forum.
Spiffycat

Post by Spiffycat »

cherylstewart wrote: January 13th, 2019, 7:08 am Spiffy, That sounds perfect. The rate that you put chapters out is entirely under your control, and I have no preference. I just wanted to let you that I cannot do the entire book at one time. Sounds like we have a plan. :D This is a big project to tackle. Go at your own rate, and I will help where I can. Also, sounds like a very interesting book! :P Cheryl
Thanks Cheryl. I haven't signed into workflow yet so I don't know what I'm doing. That's next. I am so happy to find a reader for such a "niche" book. It's really interesting except when it's not (doctrinal stuff I'd love to leave out but of course can't) but the good parts hopefully make up for the zzzzz stuff. I think perhaps I need to OK this with Craigdav1? Dunno the protocol, but will figure it out. Thank you, I'm so happy you stepped up! :clap:
Spiffycat

Post by Spiffycat »

craigdav1 wrote: January 13th, 2019, 7:56 am Now that the team is complete, it's off to the Going Solo forum.
Oh, thank you---I missed your post. So you're good with this, I'm glad. I'm going to sign onto workflow now---that's my next thing. SC
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Spiffycat wrote: January 13th, 2019, 12:10 pm Oh, thank you---I missed your post. So you're good with this, I'm glad. I'm going to sign onto workflow now---that's my next thing. SC
The practice at LV is that the reader (you) has to "ok" the person who will proof listen to your readings.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

(I moved this post to the project thread)
I hope this is where this goes. Here's my prefaces section (there are 3 prefaces to this book). It is 19:21 long. I forgot to do noise reduction but I'll do it on the following chapters. I did not compress either. If this is not correct, I'll be happy to try to fix it. My "name" is Danielle Cartwright. My anonymity is a good idea. https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/tellitall_00_stenhouse_128kb.mp3
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 0 PL OK
:clap: Wonderful start!
Spiffycat

Post by Spiffycat »

cherylstewart wrote: January 14th, 2019, 12:56 pm Section 0 PL OK
:clap: Wonderful start!
Hi Cheryl---I'm glad the prefaces were ok. I'm going to be dumping a few more chapters within the next week. I had to get two other readers to read some parts for me, since the three way narrative was getting to be hard to follow. I've almost finished editing and inserting their readings. I've slightly altered my voice for a fourth character, but only very slightly. Please let me know if it sounds cheesy so I can rework these chapters. I've tried to delineate several characters in this way for the listener's comprehension, but don't want it to sound theatrical. The second half of the book rarely has another speaker, so when we there you can let me know how the insertions strike you: natural or kind of strange. Thanks for your patience, I'm juggling several parts right now. Hoping your week is wonderful! SC :)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Spiffycat wrote: January 21st, 2019, 6:02 pm I had to get two other readers to read some parts for me, since the three way narrative was getting to be hard to follow. I've almost finished editing and inserting their readings.
Just wanted a clarification on this. I noticed about three pages of dialogue in chapter 5. Is that what you are discussing here? Are there other dialogues?
Also I wanted to remind you that the policy at LV is that the text must be read "as is." Readers may not alter the written text.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Spiffy As I understand it, all readers have to be signed up as readers. If there are multiple readers in a single chapter I think that would make the book a "dramatic reading" and that requires a different level of proof listening :?: How about this Dave? Cheryl :?
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All readers should be registered as LV readers. A simple process with no commitment to do any further work for LV. As to changing the status from a solo recording to another, I would invite the opinion of other Admins once I understand the extent of the recordings done by the other readers.
Spiffycat

Post by Spiffycat »

Hi Cheryl and Craigdav----my two readers read straight from the text at my home, if that helps. I needed a male reader mostly for some of the extensive scriptural pronouncements, but his reading was so good, I've asked him to do smatterings of male voices (one liners) throughout---they are very sparse compared to the entire volume. I can provide a complete list if that helps. The male voice has primarily done the theological debate in chapter 5 (about 3 pages), the scriptural revelation in chapter 9 (about 5 pages) and there are a smattering of Brigham Young and Heber C Kimball quotes throughout that I wanted in a male voice, but if that's not acceptable I also have recorded these sections myself in case of an issue with this approach. I also had a female reader read a one page section from chapter 8 where there are three women speaking and I thought this would lessen the listener's confusion. I would say this is far from a dramatic reading since the additional quotes are one or two liners scattered throughout, and this book's verbiage is so dense I thought this might add some relief. Let me know if I should just use my own voice which is not a problem, or how to proceed. I don't think signing my readers up to LV would pose a difficulty at all. Thanks for the guidance! SC
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

It's a "go." Have the two readers register with LV and when you post a section in which they have contributed indicate that in the project thread. Not sure, given their small amount of reading, whether it's worth changing the project status but at the very least their "display names" should be included at the end of the book summary (e.g. Additional voices by...).
Spiffycat

Post by Spiffycat »

Excellent Craigdav1, I will get them registered very soon, they are coming over to visit next weekend. They will be credited also.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Sections 1 and 2 PL OK
These two chapters seem very well done in my opinion.
I will get to the others soon! :clap:

Did you post to this forum that you were putting these chapters on? I see something added to the book description that seems to be the notice that should be here. I have such limited knowledge about how things work that I cannot tell you how that ended up there. :shock: Better ask Craig?
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

cherylstewart wrote: February 13th, 2019, 1:58 pm Did you post to this forum that you were putting these chapters on? I see something added to the book description that seems to be the notice that should be here. I have such limited knowledge about how things work that I cannot tell you how that ended up there. :shock: Better ask Craig?
SC, When a chapter has been uploaded to my folder (craigdav1), a new post (with the link) should added to this thread, rather than adding the link to the first post which contains the book description and MW. Just click on the "post reply" button after the last post in the thread.
DaveC