COMPLETE [GROUP] The Doves' Nest and Other Stories - Katherine Mansfield - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BumbleOfTheNorth

Post by BumbleOfTheNorth »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/dovesnest_13_mansfield_128kb.mp3
Name: Aaron Nosan
Length: 07:21
question - are we supposed to send this information in with the original post of which part we wanted? I couldn't get back to that thread. Hope this works, and more importantly, hope it passes!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BumbleOfTheNorth wrote: February 9th, 2019, 10:54 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/dovesnest_13_mansfield_128kb.mp3
question - are we supposed to send this information in with the original post of which part we wanted? I couldn't get back to that thread. Hope this works, and more importantly, hope it passes!
Rob will listen to the file and give you feedback. Congrats on your first section. :thumbs:

To answer your question: you don't need to quote the original claim, since your claim has been entered in the Magic Window. :) The information you posted was absolutely sufficient. Thanks

As we are fully claimed now, I'll move us over to Readers Found

Sonia
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

BumbleOfTheNorth wrote: February 9th, 2019, 10:54 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/dovesnest_13_mansfield_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Aaron. Sounds great: PL OK. It was a little quiet so I used the MP3Gain programme to boost it up to 89dB and re-uploaded.
Rob Marland reader section | website
BumbleOfTheNorth

Thank you for correcting that. I think I added more noise reduction than needed and that seemed to cut the overall level down too. I'll have to play with that more for the next reading. Thanks again!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

BumbleOfTheNorth wrote: February 17th, 2019, 6:48 pm Thank you for correcting that. I think I added more noise reduction than needed and that seemed to cut the overall level down too. I'll have to play with that more for the next reading. Thanks again!
Yes, I think that can sometimes happen. Please excuse me if I am mentioning something you are already aware of, but recording with your volume settings a little too low is better than recording with the settings a little too high, because high settings can lead to irreparable distortion. So all is good! If you download mp3gain you can check (and automatically correct) for volume in your finished files.
BumbleOfTheNorth

Thank you for the advise. I'm new to hear and recording voice, but not to audio recording. A little different. In fact, I'm trying to find my way back to submitting a "first test" again as I've hauled out my old 8 track mixer and hooked up a better xlr mic now. So I want to do the test again and get double checked. Also, thanks for the mp3gain drop. I was trying to find that info too.
Thanks again!
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Hi,
I have Section 04 recorded and edited, but I have one patch-work to do and will have it turned in as soon as I can get that done.
Thanks for your patience~
TSG
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

thestorygirl wrote: March 4th, 2019, 4:59 pm Hi,
I have Section 04 recorded and edited, but I have one patch-work to do and will have it turned in as soon as I can get that done.
Thanks for your patience~
TSG
Thanks for letting me know
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

thestorygirl wrote: March 11th, 2019, 4:35 pm Section 04~ (16:57)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/dovesnest_04_mansfield_128kb.mp3
Thanks! Poor Jimmy... He is doomed.

This is PL OK and we're all done and ready for the catalogue. :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobMarland wrote: March 12th, 2019, 3:02 am This is PL OK and we're all done and ready for the catalogue. :clap:
wohoooo, we did it before the March challenge ends :9: Thanks storygirl for giving it a final push today.

And Rob, great choice in a book. Now I'll get to archiving soon... stay tuned. Will post back the link once I'm done

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

it's done :)

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-doves-nest-and-other-stories-by-katherine-mansfield/

moving to completed projects....

:clap:

Sonia