[Complete] Angels of the Battlefield by George Barton - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6468
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » March 23rd, 2019, 10:37 am

Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

silverquill
Posts: 15250
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 23rd, 2019, 6:14 pm

Wow! That was quick.
I'll have to run to keep up with your solo. :shock:

Anyway, these are in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1574
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » March 24th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

silverquill
Posts: 15250
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 24th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Thanks for another!
In the MW Ready for PL
~ Larry

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1574
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » March 26th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

silverquill
Posts: 15250
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 26th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Oh, so wonderful. :D
Thanks.
Ready for PL.
~ Larry

Ciufi
Posts: 806
Joined: December 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Location: Rohnert Park, California

Post by Ciufi » March 27th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Just noticed, I think you forgot to make section 20 (the boring one) ready for PL in the MW.

silverquill
Posts: 15250
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 27th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Ciufi wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 5:28 pm
Just noticed, I think you forgot to make section 20 (the boring one) ready for PL in the MW.
Right you are! :oops:
All those zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz must have caused me to doze off :lol:
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15250
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 29th, 2019, 7:29 am

And here is the concluding chapter.
I approved the omitting of the review written all in Latin, and read only the English translation. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/angelsofthebattlefield_59_barton_128kb.mp3 11:05
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15250
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 29th, 2019, 7:38 am

MW hiccup -- well, MY hiccup in the MW, and got an extra section added that needs to be removed. So sorry :oops:
~ Larry

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12240
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » March 29th, 2019, 7:43 am

Extra section deleted. :-)

afutterer
Posts: 3819
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » April 2nd, 2019, 9:47 am

PL NOTES:

SECTION 58

There is what appears to be a missed edit on a re-read phrase occurring between ~9:29m and ~9:36m.
There is what appears to be a missed edit on a re-read phrase occurring between ~10:18m and ~10:27m.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

afutterer
Posts: 3819
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » April 2nd, 2019, 12:06 pm

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 20, 56, 57, 59

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1574
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » April 2nd, 2019, 7:01 pm

afutterer wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 9:47 am
PL NOTES:

SECTION 58

There is what appears to be a missed edit on a re-read phrase occurring between ~9:29m and ~9:36m.
There is what appears to be a missed edit on a re-read phrase occurring between ~10:18m and ~10:27m.
I went over this a few times and that's the title quotation and the first sentence.

“A Comprehensive Book That Makes History, and Valuable History.”
Mr. Barton has written a book that makes history, and valuable history. It is not one of the kind that,

“The Twenty-Seven Chapters of the Volume Crowded With Stories.”
The twenty-seven chapters of the volume are crowded with incidents and stories, some pathetic, some humorous, and others still historical.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

afutterer
Posts: 3819
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » April 3rd, 2019, 6:41 am

realisticspeakers wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 7:01 pm
afutterer wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 9:47 am
PL NOTES:

SECTION 58

There is what appears to be a missed edit on a re-read phrase occurring between ~9:29m and ~9:36m.
There is what appears to be a missed edit on a re-read phrase occurring between ~10:18m and ~10:27m.
I went over this a few times and that's the title quotation and the first sentence.

“A Comprehensive Book That Makes History, and Valuable History.”
Mr. Barton has written a book that makes history, and valuable history. It is not one of the kind that,

“The Twenty-Seven Chapters of the Volume Crowded With Stories.”
The twenty-seven chapters of the volume are crowded with incidents and stories, some pathetic, some humorous, and others still historical.
Fantastic! Thank you so much for clarifying for me! I did not have time to check the text myself.

I will mark it PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

Post Reply