[Complete] Angels of the Battlefield by George Barton - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/angelsofthebattlefield_ch16_barton_-_Copy.mp3

This was chapter 16
If ok (this is my very first chapter I've done), I can do the next one

Sorry if I sent this to the wrong spot - pls advise
Rita Boutros
BeauWood

Post by BeauWood »

I would like to please claim section 21 "THE FALL OF RICHMOND."

Thank you,

Beau Wood
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RitaBoutros wrote: January 20th, 2019, 2:57 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/angelsofthebattlefield_ch16_barton_-_Copy.mp3

This was chapter 16
If ok (this is my very first chapter I've done), I can do the next one

Sorry if I sent this to the wrong spot - pls advise
Rita Boutros
Not quite.

First, I your haven't been added to the catalog yet and you weren't assigned this section yet.

Second, this is not Chapter 16, but Section 21. So you will have to change that in your recording.

First, the file name has to be in exactly in this format:

angelsofthebattlefield_21_barton_128kb.mp3

So, not "ch16" and not "copy"

Second, you selected the wrong MC from the dropdown box.
Please select: m8b1

Finally, your volume is far too low, measure only 80.3 dB. Our target is 89 dB with a range of 86-91 dB. If you are using Audaciy, just use the amplification feature and set it to 9 to bring it up. But, before your record again, you should adjust your settings so that your recording comes in closer to 89 dB. Also, your opening silence is a bit over one-second, so you might want to trim that, too.

Then, upload the link again here and please include the file length in the format 00:00 (min and sec).

Just sampled your reading, and it sounds find except for the hollow-room effect, that Tricia mentioned in your test recording. It is still withing LV standards, but something you might want to work on.

Just let me know which section you would like to read next, and I'll add you to the catalog and assign this section to you.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BeauWood wrote: January 20th, 2019, 3:39 pm I would like to please claim section 21 "THE FALL OF RICHMOND."

Thank you,

Beau Wood
I'm so sorry. Another reader had requested this, and recorded it before it was officially assigned, so could I interest you in another section?
~ Larry
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/angelsofthebattlefield_21_barton.mp3 [18:38]

Here is the upload again, but with corrected name for section 21
Apologize for errors. Thanks for your advice.
I don't want you to think I just forged ahead with section 21 without approval; someone who listened to my test gave me the ok to do it.

In future I will definitely adjust the volume in Audacity and will trim the opening part. I have already ordered a mic which should improve the sound overall.

I can do section 22 if that's ok
BeauWood

Post by BeauWood »

May I claim section 17 . . . "Satterlee Hospital, Part 1."

Thank you,

Beau Wood
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RitaBoutros wrote: January 20th, 2019, 5:24 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/angelsofthebattlefield_21_barton.mp3 [18:38]

Here is the upload again, but with corrected name for section 21
Apologize for errors. Thanks for your advice.
I don't want you to think I just forged ahead with section 21 without approval; someone who listened to my test gave me the ok to do it.

In future I will definitely adjust the volume in Audacity and will trim the opening part. I have already ordered a mic which should improve the sound overall.

I can do section 22 if that's ok
There is a lot to learn in the beginning, and even experienced people make mistakes. The technical part, especially, can be challenging, but soon all of these things will seem natural to you.

It looks, however, as if you uploaded your original file, however. This still has Chapter 16 at the beginning, and the low volume. (I've done this before!). Remember that the chapter numbers of the book do not match the section numbers, as noted, because I've divided some of the chapters into smaller sections for easier reading and listening. So, use the section numbers in the intro.

As far as claims in projects are concerned, it is best to wait until the BC acknowledges your claim and his it in the MW before starting to record. In this case we had another claim for this section come in because it was still listed as open. Fortunately they hadn't recorded it yet, and was able to change to another section.

So, give this one another try, and I'll also put you in for section 22. :D
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BeauWood wrote: January 20th, 2019, 9:14 pm May I claim section 17 . . . "Satterlee Hospital, Part 1."

Thank you,

Beau Wood
Thanks for being flexible!
All yours. :thumbs:
~ Larry
UnwittingLayman

Post by UnwittingLayman »

I've gotten my test recording the OK. If there's no other issues, I'd like to claim sections 8 and 9 and be credited by my username here. Thank you.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

UnwittingLayman wrote: January 21st, 2019, 2:44 pm I've gotten my test recording the OK. If there's no other issues, I'd like to claim sections 8 and 9 and be credited by my username here. Thank you.
Wonderful!
So glad to have you joining this project.

I've assigned these sections to you.
Just click on your name in the MW to view your catalog page.
This is where you can follow all of your LV projects.
~ Larry
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 5, 6, 44

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

I would like to claim sections 27 and 28.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

angelsofthebattlefield_21_barton.mp3 [17:02]
16.36 MB

Here is section 21 - fingers crossed

If ok I will go on to section 22
thanks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Ciufi wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 2:20 pm I would like to claim sections 27 and 28.
All yours. Larry is away for a few days, so I've put you in the MW.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

RitaBoutros wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 6:24 pm angelsofthebattlefield_21_barton.mp3 [17:02]
16.36 MB

Here is section 21 - fingers crossed

If ok I will go on to section 22
thanks
Hi Rita,

Are you sure that you are uploading the file to the correct folder? The most recent version of this file in my folder is still the older one from the 21st. The folder that you need is m8b1. When the uploader gives you a link, it is completely uploaded, but not before.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks