[COMPLETE] Arqtiq by Anna Adolph - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

silverquill wrote: February 27th, 2019, 10:21 am Ooops, I forgot that I cannot mark this one PL OK yet.
The volume is way too low coming in at only 81.3 dB.
Sorry.
That's because I forgot to boost the volume before I posted it. Whoops!

Should be fixed now... sorry.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

And at long last, here's the final chapter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/arqtiq_10_adolph_128kb.mp3 [44:20]

I won't lie: I don't think another project has made me hate the sound of my own voice as quickly as this one. However, I will take some solace in knowing that even the most seasoned Librivox reader would have trouble reading through some of these grammatically mangled, incoherent sentences. (And I think this will probably be the last time I take on one of these weird, outsider art-type projects... again, I really need something short and easy for my next solo.)

Thanks again for all the help, Larry! I'm always happy to have your attentive ear! :-)

I also apologize for taking you on this long journey just to reach this ending. :hmm:
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

I also made some slight amendments to the summary. :thumbs:
PROJECTS
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

ChuckW wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 7:50 pm I also made some slight amendments to the summary. :thumbs:
I just updated the book summary. Thanks for letting me know.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ChuckW wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 7:41 pm And at long last, here's the final chapter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/arqtiq_10_adolph_128kb.mp3 [44:20]

Oh-oh. :shock:

Glad I didn't wait too long to listen to this.
The file you uploaded ends abruptly at 32:30 (PL OK to that point).
I hope this was just an uploading error.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Oh, weird. I have no idea what happened there. I re-uploaded the file -- crossing my fingers it all makes it through (and that you're not terribly angry at me for making you listen to this project):

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/arqtiq_10_adolph_128kb.mp3
PROJECTS
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

OK, well, it was probably an error in the first upload, but it is all here now.

It has been quite a fanciful, disjointed journey, with a charm of its own, and greatly enhanced by your skillful reading. I think you really gave it the touch that it needed.

I must say, though, that i very much dislike dream endings, and dream sequences in stories in general. I always feel cheated by the author as if they are saying, "Aha, fooled you! This was just a dream!" Just tell me up front, and I'm much better, and I can enjoy the dream journey.

Anyway, don't feel bad. It has been an entertaining experience.

But, on to smoother sees, eh?

Oh -- totally PL OK, which is amazing. :clap:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

silverquill wrote: March 5th, 2019, 9:01 am OK, well, it was probably an error in the first upload, but it is all here now.

It has been quite a fanciful, disjointed journey, with a charm of its own, and greatly enhanced by your skillful reading. I think you really gave it the touch that it needed.

I must say, though, that i very much dislike dream endings, and dream sequences in stories in general. I always feel cheated by the author as if they are saying, "Aha, fooled you! This was just a dream!" Just tell me up front, and I'm much better, and I can enjoy the dream journey.

Anyway, don't feel bad. It has been an entertaining experience.

But, on to smoother sees, eh?

Oh -- totally PL OK, which is amazing. :clap:
Hilariously enough, I already knew about the "it was all a dream" ending before I even recorded the first chapter... and I was still left a little confused and disappointed by the ending (although the idea that our heroine is acting out all of the events of this novel while lounging in a hammock is unintentionally hilarious).

Thanks for sticking with me, Larry. I'm not especially happy about everything about this one, but I'm glad it wasn't a tremendous burden to listen to. I've put about a dozen red flags in the plot description, so hopefully nobody will try listening to this thinking its a standard issue science fiction story. :-)
PROJECTS
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Will catalog this later today.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/arqtiq-a-study-of-the-marvels-at-the-north-pole-by-anna-adolph/

Let me know if any changes are needed.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

craigdav1 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 3:28 pm All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/arqtiq-a-study-of-the-marvels-at-the-north-pole-by-anna-adolph/

Let me know if any changes are needed.
Woohoo! Thanks! :-)
PROJECTS