COMPLETE [Fortnightly Poetry] Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, by Robert Frost - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

ekelly wrote: January 19th, 2019, 5:53 pm hhtps://librivox.org/uploads/tests/snowyevening_frost_ebk_128kb.mp3
1.10 One minute and ten seconds

Hello!
Newbie here.
Let me know if it needs any modification. I have been working on lowering volume and uploading with correct URL.
Not a quick learner, but making progress. This poem is so appropriate tonight, weather-wise in Ohio.
Thanks!!
ekelly
Eileen, I haven't listened yet to your poem because of an incorrect file name. My recommendation is to ALWAYS copy and paste what it says in the First Post when you save your file, and be sure to upload to the correct project in the drop down list, which for this project is ARADLAW, also shown in the First Post.

As this is your first recording, I also need you to choose a Catalog Name that you want to appear in our Catalog of completed projects. This can be your Real Name, your username, or anything else you'd like to be searchable by. I use Michele Fry in the catalog so my friends and family can easily find me using LV's Search feature, and msfry as my username. It's your choice, but once chosen, can't be changed on catalogued material. Once this is set up, it will work on all projects.

Hope to hear back from you by Sunday afternoon when David catalogues the poetry projects.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

I've retrieved Eileen's file from the [test] folder...
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/snowyevening_frost_ek_128kb.mp3

Eileen, as Michele mentioned above, copy the filename given in the uploader and paste that into your forum post. (we can work with a file in the wrong folder as long as the name remains the same) :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
ekelly

Post by ekelly »

Hello Michelle and David,
This one may be a valid entry. If not , let me know and I'll attempt the next fortnightly poem.
Michelle, you are not making me feel like a newbie. My floundering inexperience is doing that.
Good thing I am determined.

My name in the catalog should be Eileen Rose Kelly.

My user name is ekelly.

Thanks for all the feedback!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Eileen, your file name has been corrected by David (our MC on this project), so I was able to listen (see correct filename below). All is good, except your volume is way up at 96.5dB, and background noise way up at 43dB. Please save the file to your computer using the link below, bring it into Audacity, de Amplify by -7 (Effect/Amplify/-7), and reduce your background noise (Effect/Noise Reduction/Get Noise Profile). In case you don't know how to do that, here's a brief tutorial.

Grab a 3 or 4 second segment of silence at the end of your recording.
Effects/Noise Reduction/Get Noise Profile
Grab your whole file.
Effects: Run Noise Reduction twice, at these settings: (7, 7, 2, Reduce)

Save and upload your file again and I'll check it a.s.a.p.
aradlaw wrote: January 20th, 2019, 7:24 am I've retrieved Eileen's file from the [test] folder...

Eileen, as Michele mentioned above, copy the filename given in the uploader and paste that into your forum post. (we can work with a file in the wrong folder as long as the name remains the same) :wink:
msfry

Post by msfry »

ekelly wrote: January 20th, 2019, 9:32 am https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/snowyevening_frost_ek_128kb.mp3

Hello Michelle and David,
This one may be a valid entry. If not , let me know and I'll attempt the next fortnightly poem.
Michelle, you are not making me feel like a newbie. My floundering inexperience is doing that.
Good thing I am determined.

My name in the catalog should be Eileen Rose Kelly.

My user name is ekelly.

Thanks for all the feedback!
Looks like our posts crossed in the ether! I'd love to include you in the catalog, Eileen. There is still time, (as it takes 5 times longer to explain a procedure than to do it. ) Just follow my directions in the post above. Snip. Snap. Reupload, copy, and paste your link in another post.

Floundering inexperience, ha. That's what we all started out doing here, and many of us still do!!!!! You get comfortable with it after awhile. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll put you in the catalog right now.
ekelly

Post by ekelly »

Trouble with copy and past. When I copy the link and go to Audacity and paste-the link doesn't appear.
I am only finding reading under export. Is there a way to do the noise reduction from Export Audio?
Should I try to record again?
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sorry, you right click the link in the post then choose Save Target as, to your computer. Then you can open the file in Audacity.
Once you upload the corrected file, you copy and paste that link into a post here.
ekelly

Post by ekelly »

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/snowyevening_frost_erbk_128kb.mp3

One minute and six seconds
Eileen Rose Kelly

Hopefully this is okay.

Issues with installing Replay Gain and Java check.
ekelly

Post by ekelly »

I have a new HP windows notebook. No right click. No mouse.
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

For a "right click", try a touch with two fingers simultaneously. As for a mouse, you can get one on a known online retailer for less than 10 US dollars. With a wheel. Simplifies a lot of things...
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Eileen

This new recording sounds MUCH better. Your first recording for LV will make it into the catalog TONIGHT!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

So David can get on with cataloguing the project (poetry projects end on a Sunday), I went ahead and bumped up your volume by 3.5 so it would pass checker. I have no idea how you can download files off the internet to your computer without right clicking. See, I told you we are ALL on a learning curve!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thanks to all readers of this historic fortnightly and to Michele for her most excellent BCing. :clap:

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/stopping-by-woods-on-a-snowy-evening-by-robert-frost/
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, David. Glad to participate with all the fine folks who show up on these poetry projects.
Cover finished and uploaded, should go live shortly.