ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

We won't blame you for anything, Alan.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: February 7th, 2019, 6:40 am I think for my own personal safety I need to disown most of the sentiments expressed by this character. I did not really choose this part, Chris said he thought it would suit me :hmm:
ah don't worry, Alan, I actually didn't find Gregory too horrible. Yes, he has an antipathy (or should I say trauma ?) against widows :lol: but this comes from his troubled history, seeing so many premiers fail because of them. He is a sort of motherhen for them and cares a lot, that explains his reaction. And when you get to Act 3 you'll see, Gregory and Widow Pretty get along well and become partners in crime ;) he is fully redeemed by the end of the play.

You did play the character excellently. A sort of disillusioned man throughout, nicely conveyed. Now looking forward to his subtle change of mind in act 3. :9:

PL ok. Perfect job. Thank you

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: February 8th, 2019, 8:34 amGrumpy Old Misogynist - act 3
:lol: I actually found him quite endearing somehow (in a grumpy sort of way). Think Walter Matthau...

Totally PL ok in any case, and for what it's worth, I totally liked the performance and I think our dialogue will sound cool together.

Todd: that means, Act 3 is ready to finish up 8-) This time I will be listening to the play in reverse order. :lol:

Thanks, Alan

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 ready for final PL. Great acting all!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 8th, 2019, 3:56 pmAct 3 ready for final PL. Great acting all!
I totally agree. We all sound like we really rehearsed and practiced in the same room. :clap: A wonderful ending, and I can't wait to listen to the rest of the play. Todd, excellent assembling, I agree with all the cuttings. This is PL ok, straight-away.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Patrick O'Reilly, A Constituent, Act 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mrsprettyandthepremier_patrickoreilly_1_128kb.mp3

Oi'd've turned this in earlier, but oi fell asleep. Oi couldn't kape awake after supper, could I? :lol:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank yas mate!

Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW wrote: February 26th, 2019, 5:36 pm Thank yas mate!

Todd
Yas welcum mate. Oi aim to pleeze, I do. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: February 26th, 2019, 3:24 pmPatrick O'Reilly, A Constituent, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mrsprettyandthepremier_patrickoreilly_1_128kb.mp3
Oi'd've turned this in earlier, but oi fell asleep. Oi couldn't kape awake after supper, could I? :lol:
:mrgreen: O'Reilly is hilarious, brilliant, TJ ! I don't predict a very big career for him even with the Premier's support. Let's say, his job motivation is wanting a bit. :lol: I loved the accent and your "old man" voice.

Totally PL ok. Now you can go back to sleep. ;)

Thanks for making this small scene very memorable. I wouldn't have minded if he had shown up again in Act 3, asking for another job. :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd: good news from Pete, he has PMed me that he recorded his Herbert Dix, and is in the editing phase. :D

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: February 27th, 2019, 2:35 am
benderca wrote: February 26th, 2019, 3:24 pmPatrick O'Reilly, A Constituent, Act 1:
:mrgreen: O'Reilly is hilarious, brilliant, TJ ! I don't predict a very big career for him even with the Premier's support. Let's say, his job motivation is wanting a bit. :lol: I loved the accent and your "old man" voice.

Totally PL ok. Now you can go back to sleep. ;)

Thanks for making this small scene very memorable. I wouldn't have minded if he had shown up again in Act 3, asking for another job. :lol:

Sonia
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks, Sonia! Ha ha ha! That would have been funny if I came back! Can you believe it? They actually wanted me to keep awake for the job! Don't workers' rights mean anything to these people?!!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: February 27th, 2019, 2:50 am Can you believe it? They actually wanted me to keep awake for the job! Don't workers' rights mean anything to these people?!!!
it's Australia, not Ireland, get used to it, mate :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: February 27th, 2019, 2:37 am Todd: good news from Pete, he has PMed me that he recorded his Herbert Dix, and is in the editing phase. :D

Sonia
Great!

Todd