COMPLETE[PLAY]Mrs. Pretty and The Premier by Arthur Adams - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 assembled at 01:17:35. Since 74 minutes is our limit, I have to cut out just over 3.5 minutes to fit. Hopefully that will happen as I do the final grooming. I really don't want to break out the Dramatis Personnae into a separate file....

(One other thing I can do if I get a bit closer is Change Tempo by at most 3%. Not optimum, but that works if I have to.)

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ToddHW wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 3:04 pm One other thing I can do if I get a bit closer is Change Tempo by at most 3%. Not optimum, but that works if I have to.

Thanks, Todd
The new Chipmunk album! :lol:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
PeterMusgrove

Post by PeterMusgrove »

Hi Todd,
ToddHW wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 3:04 pm
One other thing I can do if I get a bit closer is Change Tempo by at most 3%. Not optimum, but that works if I have to.

Thanks, Todd
I don't know how much more you can alter the MP3s before overall quality is lost, but it might be possible to alter the pitch down a little after increasing tempo. Just a thought. How well this can be done depends on the audio app, too. I have a few apps that are quite good at that - if you'd like me to try it and see how it sounds, just let me know, I'd be glad to help.

Best,
Pete
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
~ Charles Bukowski
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Audacity does have a feature where you can alter tempo with affecting pitch. I think if you keep the parameters small, there wouldn't be a noticeable difference, just a file shorter in duration.
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 is ready for final PL.

The Audacity Change Tempo feature specifically does NOT affect pitch - no Chipmunks. I got Act 1 within the allowed 74 minutes using just a 2% tempo change, and the change is essentially unnoticeable. All of your great voices sound just like what each of you submitted. (Otherwise I would definitely not do it this way.)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 7:20 pmAct 1 is ready for final PL.
wohoooo, and it was a briliant opener. :clap: There is so much info and action and dialogues crammed into this first hour, it's impressive you managed to get it all into our time-limit.
The Audacity Change Tempo feature specifically does NOT affect pitch - no Chipmunks. I got Act 1 within the allowed 74 minutes using just a 2% tempo change, and the change is essentially unnoticeable. All of your great voices sound just like what each of you submitted. (Otherwise I would definitely not do it this way.)
yes I didn't hear anything strange in our voices, although sometimes the to and fro in the dialogue was a bit fast-paced. But I guess that's even fitting for a busy Premier's working day. Doesn't have the time to bumble about and lose time ;)

I think the whole assembling job was excellently done and I don't have any suggestions for cutting...

that said :? I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news.... I found one thing you were missing to insert. (I can picture your groan now vividly) I know, we don't have many seconds to spare, but I was thinking about that too: if needs be, for once you could cut a second of silence at the end, it does not really matter if it's 5 or only 4 seconds pause ;) That gives us 8 seconds surplus and we don't need more for this insertion ;) :

> at about 1:28: the voice credit for Leanne's housemaid role is missing. Although only one line, it should be included, unless you want to include her in her Vyce credit. I see the characters are mentioned in order of appearance, so I guess you should place her all at the end behind Vernon Harrington (and before your narrator), because she is the last to make an appearance. I dug out her file so you can find the line easily: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mrsprettyandthepremiere_maid_2_128kb.mp3

I think you can manage to cram it in and still stay under 74 minutes. (and don't shoot the messenger)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you, oh sainted messenger, for saving me from leaving out a reader! No reader uncredited is - or should be - our motto! (You will be glad to know that I had done the written cast list credit correctly.)

And it still fit with 5 seconds to spare....

Ready for spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 5:02 amThank you, oh sainted messenger, for saving me from leaving out a reader! No reader uncredited is - or should be - our motto!
oh, I get a sainthood for that ! who would have thought. I was preparing to feel voodoo-doll effects on my body :lol:
(You will be glad to know that I had done the written cast list credit correctly.)
after I heard that you missed her in the file, that's the first thing I checked ;)
And it still fit with 5 seconds to spare....
we managed !!!! :clap: and it's PL ok now. It's a brilliant play, we shouldn't let our audience wait longer to download it all. Carry it away, Todd.

Kudos to the whole cast :thumbs: and thanks to Chris for digging out such a treasure.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging now.

EDIT: Well, it has been over at Archive for a while, but no download files generated yet. Maybe they're just having a slow weekend.... I'll check again later in the day.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files may be found in our catalog at: https://librivox.org/mrs-pretty-and-the-premier-by-arthur-adams/

Thank you all, Todd

(Another Adams in April.)
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

ToddHW wrote: March 24th, 2019, 6:07 am This project is complete. Audio files may be found in our catalog at: https://librivox.org/mrs-pretty-and-the-premier-by-arthur-adams/

Thank you all, Todd

Hi Todd

I think you have provided the wrong link!
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: March 24th, 2019, 6:13 am
ToddHW wrote: March 24th, 2019, 6:07 am This project is complete. Audio files may be found in our catalog at: https://librivox.org/mrs-pretty-and-the-premier-by-arthur-adams/

Thank you all, Todd

Hi Todd

I think you have provided the wrong link!
It's working for me.
PeterMusgrove

Post by PeterMusgrove »

The link is working for me - thanks Todd!

Pete :D
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
~ Charles Bukowski