COMPLETE: The Roosevelt-Rondon Scientific Expedition and the Telegraph Line Commission -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ShadowRain

Post by ShadowRain »

Section 15 pl OK

I'll do the other two later.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni, I'd like to try the preface, please, though my hope is that a Brazilian (or other Portuguese speaker) will review it before anyone finds it 'adequate enough.' It's been more than three decades since I lived in Brazil and among Brazilians and I found it difficult to quickly pass from English to Portuguese and back to English. It's going to take me some time to get things just right, though I know your counsel was not to worry too much about pronunciations. Frankly, I don't want to sound ridiculous. Can you understand that?

What do you think?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

KevinS wrote: April 21st, 2019, 6:44 am Leni, I'd like to try the preface, please, though my hope is that a Brazilian (or other Portuguese speaker) will review it before anyone finds it 'adequate enough.' It's been more than three decades since I lived in Brazil and among Brazilians and I found it difficult to quickly pass from English to Portuguese and back to English. It's going to take me some time to get things just right, though I know your counsel was not to worry too much about pronunciations. Frankly, I don't want to sound ridiculous. Can you understand that?

What do you think?
Hey, Kevin! Yes, and I can check it or help with pronunciations if you wish me to, but I really wouldn't worry that much about it. :) I do think it is very much in the Librivox spirit to have non-native speakers reading books - and in this case, even more so, since the two translators of the volume were themselves foreigners who lived in Brazil at the time. So I am sure they would not have pronounced most of the names as a Brazilian themselves :lol: Still, I will be glad to help. I am assigning you the preface.
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Thank you. I anticipated your helpfulness and have already started!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni, here is my first attempt. Please help me make this better.

31:52

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rooseveltrondon_00_rondon_128kb.mp3
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

KevinS wrote: April 21st, 2019, 6:03 pm Leni, here is my first attempt. Please help me make this better.

31:52

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rooseveltrondon_00_rondon_128kb.mp3
Thanks much, Kevin!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks again, Rita!
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni, I shall begin on a new section once my first submission is critiqued. I don't want to bungle.
ShadowRain

Post by ShadowRain »

Section 18, 19, 20 pl OK
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks again, Rita!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

KevinS wrote: April 27th, 2019, 4:43 am Leni, I shall begin on a new section once my first submission is critiqued. I don't want to bungle.
Hello, Kevin!

Our Proof-Listener will make a more through listening, but I went ahead and listened to the first ten minutes of the recording. It sounded very good to me - no bungles! Very pleasant pace and everything. Don't worry!
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni wrote: April 29th, 2019, 9:06 am
Hello, Kevin!

Our Proof-Listener will make a more through listening, but I went ahead and listened to the first ten minutes of the recording. It sounded very good to me - no bungles! Very pleasant pace and everything. Don't worry!
Thank you!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Unfortunately our DPLer hasn't logged in for almost a month, and hasn't replied to my PMs, so I am opening the DPL position again.
Leni
=================