Can I have 27 and 28? Thanks
Rita L.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ritalouise wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:14 pm Can I have 27 and 28? Thanks
Rita L.
Alright, sounds good. Enjoy! :D

And to everyone: I'll try to update the MW when I get home tonight. Tomorrow and Thursday are likely to be busy days for me, so I'm not sure when PLs will happen. I appreciate everyone bearing with me, since I still haven't been able to find a DPL for this project. But I haven't forgotten you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

tommack wrote: March 5th, 2019, 12:13 pm Here is the corrected section 7 now 17:53

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/firstamericananimals_07_langford_128kb.mp3

I would have replied sooner, but i did not recognize your first post of the notes since they did not have my name or section number included.

Tom
Thanks, Tom, PL ok now! Sorry I wasn't more clear.
DanaPaterson

Post by DanaPaterson »

Section16 Uploaded. https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/firstamericananimals_16_langford_128.mp3 Running Time: 11:08

Tell me what you think! Thanks for this opportunity.

Dana Paterson
Lexington Park, Maryland
kawatara

Post by kawatara »

I don't know if i am being too picky or not but for section 3, the only comment I have is "my" needs to be added in the sentence "No use MY spending the night this way." at 6:11
Otherwise, this section sounded great!
Ethan
kawatara

Post by kawatara »

Section 20 is PL OK!
Ethan
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

kawatara wrote: March 7th, 2019, 2:25 pm I don't know if i am being too picky or not but for section 3, the only comment I have is "my" needs to be added in the sentence "No use MY spending the night this way." at 6:11
Otherwise, this section sounded great!
Ethan
Thanks for stepping in to PL these. I really appreciate it!

This is not an error that needs to be addressed. It's ok that you pointed it out, but I won't require the reader to correct it, since this is not a word perfect PL project, and it doesn't affect the meaning of the sentence. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MrsHand wrote: March 4th, 2019, 6:38 pm Here is Section 3, 18:14.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/firstamericananimals_03_langford_128kb.mp3
Although this has been PLed by a volunteer already, I decided to double check a few things, and I'm going to have to ask for one correction that Ethan missed.

At the very beginning, your introduction says "Section 1 of Stories of the First American Animals." Please correct this to section 3.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Christopher, I'm also going to need one quick correction from you that Ethan missed. At about 0:19, where you repeated the section number, it actually should have been the section title. So it should read, "Stories of the First American Animals, by George Langford. Toto the Non-Progressive Part 1"
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

kawatara wrote: March 7th, 2019, 2:49 pm Section 20 is PL OK!
Ethan
Ethan, I do want to repeat my appreciation for your help in PLing. However, I decided to double check a few things myself (primarily the beginning and ending bits), since you're new at this. I did catch a couple of things that you missed. Please see my notes above. I say this not to discourage you, but so that you'll know a few more things to listen for in the future. Also, if you haven't yet, check out this page in our Wiki, which gives a good run-down of the kinds of things you definitely do want to listen for and the kinds of things that don't require feedback, and also has a link to a little PL "quiz" you can give yourself. :)

I hope to work with you more in the future!
christopherhoving

Post by christopherhoving »

Thanks Ethan for the PL, and thanks Devorah for the catch. Here is the edit:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/firstamericananimals_20_langford_128kb.mp3

Now 10:47

Could I have the next two Toto sections (21 and 22)? I hate to leave the little guy stuck in the middle of the river.
Sausage puns are the wurst.
kawatara

Post by kawatara »

I would be glad to PL those when you are finished recording.
Ethan
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Hi!

I'd really like to read section 8, Eohippus the Dawn Horse Part 2. If that goes well, then I could do the following section. But I know the main voice is male. Is that a problem?

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

christopherhoving wrote: March 8th, 2019, 7:08 am Thanks Ethan for the PL, and thanks Devorah for the catch. Here is the edit:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/firstamericananimals_20_langford_128kb.mp3

Now 10:47

Could I have the next two Toto sections (21 and 22)? I hate to leave the little guy stuck in the middle of the river.
Certainly! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.