COMPLETE: Reviews by Oscar Wilde - NF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Yay! You're a star. I'll start cataloguing tomorrow, then.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
cricket

Post by cricket »

And here they are:

Section 34
7.91MB, duration 00:08:38
File is named reviews_34_wilde.mp3 and located here.

Section 72 (listen to me barely muddle through and, in the process, absolutely butcher some pseudo-Scots... :oops: )
28.3MB, duration 00:30:56
File is named reviews_72_wilde.mp3 and located here.

Section 79
24.9MB, duration 00:27:13
File is named reviews_79_wilde.mp3 and located here.

Hurrah! So happy to see this completed! :D :clap:
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

cricket wrote:And here they are:

Section 34
7.91MB, duration 00:08:38
File is named reviews_34_wilde.mp3 and located here.

Section 72 (listen to me barely muddle through and, in the process, absolutely butcher some pseudo-Scots... :oops: )
28.3MB, duration 00:30:56
File is named reviews_72_wilde.mp3 and located here.

Section 79
24.9MB, duration 00:27:13
File is named reviews_79_wilde.mp3 and located here.

Hurrah! So happy to see this completed! :D :clap:
Oh splendid, thank you so much. Never mind about the Scots (Scottish?)...

Will post this in LW now.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Planish

Post by Planish »

Gesine wrote:I'm orphaning section 34, "Mr Symonds' History of the Renaissance" - 1,350 words, approx. 7 minutes recording time. This is one of only three sections missing (the other two will be in any time now), so I'd like it as soon as possible. Anyone?
Oh dear. I had the Sept 30 target in mind.
That's what happens when one's profile has an email address that is less frequently checked. It's now changed to the one I use daily.

FWIW, here's mine too:
URL: http://www.northernelectric.ca/librivox/reviews_34_wilde.mp3
file size: 9.7 MB
duration: 00:10:37

But cricket's Italian is much better than mine.
There is no frigate like a book / To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page / Of prancing poetry.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Planish wrote:
Gesine wrote:I'm orphaning section 34, "Mr Symonds' History of the Renaissance" - 1,350 words, approx. 7 minutes recording time. This is one of only three sections missing (the other two will be in any time now), so I'd like it as soon as possible. Anyone?
That's what happens when one's profile has an email address that is less frequently checked. It's now changed to the one I use daily.

FWIW, here's mine too:

Sorrry, Planish... I tried to read you several times and by several methods, just asking for a note back whether you were still recording it. I thought you were away or something. I'm sorry we have a double recording now. If you don't mind, I'll keep cricket's now as that one came in first. Fortunately, this wasn't a long recording so not much time/effort duplicated.

The most important thing is that we completed all 100 sections! Yay!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Just to let you all know, I'm cataloguing now! :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

This books is complete and can be downloaded from the LibriVox catalogue: http://librivox.org/reviews-by-oscar-wilde/

Phew! 100 sections catalogued. Thanks everyone who worked on this! :)
Cori

Post by Cori »

Image Yay, Gesine! Image
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

LOL Cori, I love your little purple emoticons! :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Oh, could everyone check the catalogue page to see if I have credited the sections correctly?
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

Gesine wrote:
Planish wrote:

FWIW, here's mine too:

Sorrry, Planish... I tried to read you several times and by several methods, just asking for a note back whether you were still recording it. I thought you were away or something. I'm sorry we have a double recording now. If you don't mind, I'll keep cricket's now as that one came in first. Fortunately, this wasn't a long recording so not much time/effort duplicated.

Maybe Planish can donate his recording to Short Nonfiction Collection Vol. 005?
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Gesine wrote:Oh, could everyone check the catalogue page to see if I have credited the sections correctly?
Two of mine had only my url, not my name, but I've fixed them
Karen S.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

gypsygirl wrote:
Gesine wrote:Oh, could everyone check the catalogue page to see if I have credited the sections correctly?
Two of mine had only my url, not my name, but I've fixed them
Oops, sorry, Karen.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

LeonMire wrote:
Gesine wrote:
Planish wrote: Oh dear. I had the Sept 30 target in mind.

FWIW, here's mine too:

Maybe Planish can donate his recording to Short Nonfiction Collection Vol. 005?
That's a positively brilliant suggestion. I hate to see a recording go to waste. I'll ask Planish.