COMPLETE[PLAY]George Dandin by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17877
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 1st, 2019, 6:20 am

svonb002 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 2:44 pm
Here is the recording for Colin. I loved the stage directions surrounding his introduction.
haha, what's with this guy, constantly falling asleep. :lol: The typical bumbling servant of Molière's plays. Excellently done, Stefan, I liked the bit of languishing tone in your voice. He does sound a bit sleepy all the time (and not too bright :mrgreen: ) Well done and all PL ok.

Thanks !

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17877
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 1st, 2019, 6:23 am

bhavya wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 12:55 am
Can I claim Angelique?
Thanks,
Bhavya
leanneyauyau wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 1:36 am
I'll play Claudine!
thank you, Bhavya and Leanne for taking the remaining female roles. Wow, only Narrator and poor George Dandin left. This was a quick turnaround. 8-)

Sonia


ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8624
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 1st, 2019, 2:43 pm

benderca wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 2:39 pm
May I read the stage directions please?
Thank you.

Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8624
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 8th, 2019, 9:07 am

Monsieur is in the MW, oh dearest and most perfect wife, for your kind PL.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17877
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 8th, 2019, 11:31 am

ToddHW wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 9:07 am
Monsieur is in the MW, oh dearest and most perfect wife, for your kind PL.
do you think flattery will get you anywhere ? :|

Well....after having listened to your part, I must say: we're officially the In-Laws-From-Hell :shock: seriously, I pity poor George :lol: Monsieur is just as nasty as Madame. Those two really deserve each other. LOL

I especially loved the scene where he tells him how to apologize, ouch, this will be soooo humiliating. And your threatening "Ah"s are really conveying the right meaning. :thumbs:

Acts 2 and 3 are already PL ok.

I found a tiny difference in Act 1. In retrospect, maybe it's optional after all, but when I listened it struck me as strange:

> at 2:48: "no matter whom" - you say "no matter what". In this case he means that he keeps a tight hold over anybody, so "what" doesn't really make sense :hmm: but now on second thoughts you probably meant it more generally, so I understand where this "no matter what" comes from. Up to you if you want to change it

The rest is a perfect depiction of nastiness.

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8624
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 8th, 2019, 3:26 pm

Kitty wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 11:31 am
a perfect depiction of nastiness.

Sonia
Exactly what I hoped for, my dear!

Thanks, Todd

WiltedScribe
Posts: 2178
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » January 9th, 2019, 2:58 pm

Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | A Woman is a Weathercock | The Dialogues of the Gods | The Mueller Report | The Tender Husband | Doctor Johnson | Eunuchus


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17877
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 10th, 2019, 4:56 am

WiltedScribe wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 2:58 pm
Clitandre, reporting for duty. :mrgreen:
awww, Clitandre is such a hypocrite :lol: the initial scene with Sotenville and Dandin is priceless. Your overdone sincerity tells everyone that he's lying through his teeth. :mrgreen: Well done, Tomas, perfect performance again. And all PL ok. :clap:

Sonia

MajorToast
Posts: 72
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 12:55 am
Contact:

Post by MajorToast » January 11th, 2019, 9:04 am

I would play George, although I am a little intimidated, if you let me. As you know I am fairly new but I would do my very best.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17877
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 11th, 2019, 9:25 am

MajorToast wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 9:04 am
I would play George, although I am a little intimidated, if you let me. As you know I am fairly new but I would do my very best.
hey cool ! believe me, "intimidated" is not a bad thing for this role :mrgreen: I predict, this feeling will increase even more when you start talking (or rather being talked down by) your in-laws in this play :lol: George has a hard lot here. It's actually brave of you to tackle the role.

thanks for making us fully claimed. Have fun ! And the same "rules" as with Psyche apply, leave enough pause between quotes, don't forget the voice credit (as stated in the MW) and basically: let loose 8-)

Sonia

MajorToast
Posts: 72
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 12:55 am
Contact:

Post by MajorToast » January 11th, 2019, 9:41 am

Kitty wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 9:25 am
MajorToast wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 9:04 am
I would play George, although I am a little intimidated, if you let me. As you know I am fairly new but I would do my very best.
hey cool ! believe me, "intimidated" is not a bad thing for this role :mrgreen: I predict, this feeling will increase even more when you start talking (or rather being talked down by) your in-laws in this play :lol: George has a hard lot here. It's actually brave of you to tackle the role.

thanks for making us fully claimed. Have fun ! And the same "rules" as with Psyche apply, leave enough pause between quotes, don't forget the voice credit (as stated in the MW) and basically: let loose 8-)

Sonia
Thank you so much, I look forward to being a victim of my wife's treachery. ( fiction resembles reality once again) lol

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8624
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 11th, 2019, 9:43 am

And remember, it is your mother-in-law that gives you trouble. I, your father-in-law, only wish to set you straight on a few things....

Thanks, M de S (aka Todd)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17877
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 11th, 2019, 9:53 am

ToddHW wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 9:43 am
And remember, it is your mother-in-law that gives you trouble. I, your father-in-law, only wish to set you straight on a few things....
no pressure, but it's the mother-in-law that has the PL ok power here :mrgreen:

Mad. de S.

Post Reply