COMPLETE[PLAY]George Dandin by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

svonb002 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 2:44 pm Here is the recording for Colin. I loved the stage directions surrounding his introduction.
haha, what's with this guy, constantly falling asleep. :lol: The typical bumbling servant of Molière's plays. Excellently done, Stefan, I liked the bit of languishing tone in your voice. He does sound a bit sleepy all the time (and not too bright :mrgreen: ) Well done and all PL ok.

Thanks !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bhavya wrote: January 1st, 2019, 12:55 am Can I claim Angelique?
Thanks,
Bhavya
leanneyauyau wrote: January 1st, 2019, 1:36 am I'll play Claudine!
thank you, Bhavya and Leanne for taking the remaining female roles. Wow, only Narrator and poor George Dandin left. This was a quick turnaround. 8-)

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

May I read the stage directions please?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

benderca wrote: January 1st, 2019, 2:39 pm May I read the stage directions please?
Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Monsieur is in the MW, oh dearest and most perfect wife, for your kind PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 9:07 am Monsieur is in the MW, oh dearest and most perfect wife, for your kind PL.
do you think flattery will get you anywhere ? :|

Well....after having listened to your part, I must say: we're officially the In-Laws-From-Hell :shock: seriously, I pity poor George :lol: Monsieur is just as nasty as Madame. Those two really deserve each other. LOL

I especially loved the scene where he tells him how to apologize, ouch, this will be soooo humiliating. And your threatening "Ah"s are really conveying the right meaning. :thumbs:

Acts 2 and 3 are already PL ok.

I found a tiny difference in Act 1. In retrospect, maybe it's optional after all, but when I listened it struck me as strange:

> at 2:48: "no matter whom" - you say "no matter what". In this case he means that he keeps a tight hold over anybody, so "what" doesn't really make sense :hmm: but now on second thoughts you probably meant it more generally, so I understand where this "no matter what" comes from. Up to you if you want to change it

The rest is a perfect depiction of nastiness.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 8th, 2019, 11:31 am a perfect depiction of nastiness.

Sonia
Exactly what I hoped for, my dear!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 9th, 2019, 2:58 pmClitandre, reporting for duty. :mrgreen:
awww, Clitandre is such a hypocrite :lol: the initial scene with Sotenville and Dandin is priceless. Your overdone sincerity tells everyone that he's lying through his teeth. :mrgreen: Well done, Tomas, perfect performance again. And all PL ok. :clap:

Sonia
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I would play George, although I am a little intimidated, if you let me. As you know I am fairly new but I would do my very best.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: January 11th, 2019, 9:04 amI would play George, although I am a little intimidated, if you let me. As you know I am fairly new but I would do my very best.
hey cool ! believe me, "intimidated" is not a bad thing for this role :mrgreen: I predict, this feeling will increase even more when you start talking (or rather being talked down by) your in-laws in this play :lol: George has a hard lot here. It's actually brave of you to tackle the role.

thanks for making us fully claimed. Have fun ! And the same "rules" as with Psyche apply, leave enough pause between quotes, don't forget the voice credit (as stated in the MW) and basically: let loose 8-)

Sonia
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Kitty wrote: January 11th, 2019, 9:25 am
MajorToast wrote: January 11th, 2019, 9:04 amI would play George, although I am a little intimidated, if you let me. As you know I am fairly new but I would do my very best.
hey cool ! believe me, "intimidated" is not a bad thing for this role :mrgreen: I predict, this feeling will increase even more when you start talking (or rather being talked down by) your in-laws in this play :lol: George has a hard lot here. It's actually brave of you to tackle the role.

thanks for making us fully claimed. Have fun ! And the same "rules" as with Psyche apply, leave enough pause between quotes, don't forget the voice credit (as stated in the MW) and basically: let loose 8-)

Sonia
Thank you so much, I look forward to being a victim of my wife's treachery. ( fiction resembles reality once again) lol
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And remember, it is your mother-in-law that gives you trouble. I, your father-in-law, only wish to set you straight on a few things....

Thanks, M de S (aka Todd)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 11th, 2019, 9:43 amAnd remember, it is your mother-in-law that gives you trouble. I, your father-in-law, only wish to set you straight on a few things....
no pressure, but it's the mother-in-law that has the PL ok power here :mrgreen:

Mad. de S.