COMPLETE[PLAY]George Dandin by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 11th, 2019, 8:32 am And, Act 2 is ready for final PL. I will launch the next Moliere shortly.
> at 23:21-23:30: (p 259). What is the matter, son-in-law....etc - if you want to have one over your wife again, here's another chance. I was startled that Angélique replied "No, no, father" so I checked the original again, and indeed, it's Monsieur who says this, not Madame. (how annoying to have had so many typos...)
https://archive.org/details/georgesdandinco00moligoog/page/n62 (Et bien, qu'est-ce mon gendre... etc)
So if you wish, you can exchange those lines again, to make it accurate. ;)

The rest is perfectly assembled and all sounds awesome ! :clap:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ah ha wife, a chance for another improvement by replacing those lines which you stole? Tssk tssk.

You will note that I was also 2 seconds more concise.

Thanks, MdS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 11th, 2019, 10:27 amAh ha wife, a chance for another improvement by replacing those lines which you stole? Tssk tssk.
You will note that I was also 2 seconds more concise.
let us agree on that your sense of taste is maybe not as refined as mine, mon cher. I'll mark it PL ok now, to show my good-will.

Well...this concludes the tragedy of George Dandin (I am not sure one should call it comedy :lol: ) Another brilliant piece in the box. :clap:

On to the next one. :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete, Audio files may be found in the Librivox catalog at https://librivox.org/george-dandin-or-the-abashed-husband-by-henri-van-laun/

Thanks, Todd

(No, I do not know why this got cataloged under the translator name instead of Moliere. I'll be trying to fix it.)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 11th, 2019, 12:51 pm (No, I do not know why this got cataloged under the translator name instead of Moliere. I'll be trying to fix it.)
I see you put the translator in the slot for the author and Molière is missing altogether. I guess if you put Molière back in that slot, the problem will be solved.

Sonia
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You'll still need to change archive by hand though

Anne
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I know I am the new guy compared to some of the more experienced in this play. Constuctive criticism from any of you would be worth it's weight in gold. I am my worst critic so there is nothing you could say worse. PM me.
benderca

Post by benderca »

MajorToast wrote: February 15th, 2019, 9:04 am I know I am the new guy compared to some of the more experienced in this play. Constuctive criticism from any of you would be worth it's weight in gold. I am my worst critic so there is nothing you could say worse. PM me.
Major Toast, I thought you were fantastic! Kudos to the whole ensemble! I haven't listened to the whole play yet, but what I listened to was hilarious!
Well done! :clap: :clap: :clap: