COMPLETE The Romance of Piracy by EK Chatterton -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :D
Carolin
Wise4ss

Post by Wise4ss »

What an exciting topic! I'd like to volunteer for Chapter 4, The Corsairs of the South, if that's alright.
A. Bryan Johnson
Twitter: @Abryjo
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that section. As this is your first claim, i have to enter you to the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

I see you have already completed your one minute test :thumbs: so i only need your catalog info to get you started, thank you!
Carolin
tkmhousenew

Post by tkmhousenew »

Hi, I would like to read section 4.
Pendrak

Post by Pendrak »

I have completed my recording of Chapter 3, Piracy in the Early Tudor Times.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/piracy_03_chatterton_128kb.mp3 17:12

I'll go ahead and claim Chapter 5 as well, if that's cool.
Wise4ss

Post by Wise4ss »

Carolin wrote: December 30th, 2018, 11:37 pm Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that section. As this is your first claim, i have to enter you to the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

I see you have already completed your one minute test :thumbs: so i only need your catalog info to get you started, thank you!
I'd like to be entered into the database under the name A. Bryan Johnson. Is it possible to link to my personal twitter account instead of a website?

Thanks!
A. Bryan Johnson
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Wise4ss wrote: December 31st, 2018, 10:28 am I'd like to be entered into the database under the name A. Bryan Johnson. Is it possible to link to my personal twitter account instead of a website?

Thanks!
Great, thanks! I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13008 :thumbs:

I can add a link to your twitter if you give me a link for it :) i dont use twitter myself so i cant just retrieve it myself sorry.

You can get started right away! Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

tkmhousenew wrote: December 31st, 2018, 4:09 am Hi, I would like to read section 4.
Hiya, welcome to this project also! Section 4 has been claimed just before you. Can i offer you another open section instead?

Please see also my reply to your claim in the other project :) please submit a one minute test before getting started! Thank you!
Carolin
Pendrak

Post by Pendrak »

Chapter 5, the Wasps at Work, is complete.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/piracy_05_chatterton_128kb.mp3 14:53

I'll go ahead and take Chapters 6 and 7, if that's okay.

Although perhaps I should wait until the PL gets to listen to my current chapters, to make sure there aren't any problems with the way I've been recording?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you!

Ill advertise for a dpl. If nobody volunteers in the next couple of days i will listen to the first chapters myself :thumbs: thank you!
Carolin
Natbumpo

Post by Natbumpo »

I'll take section 18, if it's still available
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Natbumpo wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 1:05 pm I'll take section 18, if it's still available

You are welcome to participate in this project. As this is your first claim, i will enter you in the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started! Thank you!
Carolin
Natbumpo

Post by Natbumpo »

Carolin wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 1:17 pm
Natbumpo wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 1:05 pm I'll take section 18, if it's still available

You are welcome to participate in this project. As this is your first claim, i will enter you in the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started! Thank you!
Hi Carolin,
Please make my catalog name: jcov

I will submit my 1 min test this weekend.
Wise4ss

Post by Wise4ss »

Alright! I've finished my recording of Chapter 4. I got a couple of bloopers out of it, too!
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/romanceofpiracy004.mp3
(Timed at 23:25)
Assuming that the PL is alright with what I've done so far, I'd also like to claim chapters 19 and 20. They're both relatively short.
A. Bryan Johnson