COMPLETE - Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche (trans. Helen Zimmern) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cori

Post by Cori »

Chapter 3 isn't much of a Christmas present, but here it is anyway. :lol: And, also, the fixes for Chapter 2. Thank you!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Cori. It was in fact quite an enjoyable chapter. There wasn't the famous "God is dead" quote that I was expecting, but maybe that was from another book ;)

Chapter 2 is perfectly patched :thumbs: and PL ok now.

I have one small note for Chapter 3:

> at 5:16: p. 65: "and it was always, not the faith, but the freedom from the faith" - you say "it was not only the faith" - it's a subtle difference in my opinion, so I flagged it, but I'm letting you decide whether you want to change or not

Hope you had a nice Christmas celebration. :9:

Sonia
Cori

Post by Cori »

:mrgreen: <spoilers> God doesn't die in this one. :mrgreen:

My Christmas was good -- hope yours was lovely too, and that you're getting some time to relax between now and New Year, too.

So, I've been working on Chapters 4 & 5 (and need to record that pickup for Chapter 3, thank you for catching it) ... and here's the first bit of Greek I'd love some help with:

There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cori wrote: December 26th, 2018, 10:16 am and here's the first bit of Greek I'd love some help with:
well, I can easily transcribe it, it would run like this: prosthe Platon opithen te Platon messe te Chimaira. And Rapunzelina once told me the syllables with the accent would be the ones that are stressed, if I remember correctly, so: PROSthe PLAton opiTHEN te PLAton MEsse te CHImaira

but how it would sound exactly, I could venture a guess, but your guess is probably as good as mine. :lol:

Sonia
Cori

Post by Cori »

Well ... I finished all the initial recording over the holidays, but as for editing :shock: so anyway. Hope your New Year is going well so far, Sonia! Chapter 3 is ready for a quick check, and the super-bitty Chapter 4 is up now (but at least it's short. :D )
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cori wrote: January 13th, 2019, 5:02 amWell ... I finished all the initial recording over the holidays, but as for editing :shock: so anyway.
no need to hurry on my account :lol: Wow everything recorded already ? Cool. But yes, I know that the editing phase takes much longer than the recording. There's no rush.
Chapter 3 is ready for a quick check, and the super-bitty Chapter 4 is up now (but at least it's short. :D )
both PL ok. I actually liked listening to such short adages (if I can call them that). It is easier to listen to than longer sentences and dense text.

Just one thing: you uploaded the last two chapters to my folder, but the MC is Tricia actually ;) Since there are no errors we can simply move them over to her folder, so no need to reupload.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Tricia, just for info, I transferred the last two files from my folder back into yours, so all is well now in the MW.

Sonia
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oops, I didn't mean for that to be so long a break! Chapter 5 is finally ready for you, Sonia :D And in the right folder this time (thanks for moving them!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah, you're back in the saddle, Cori. Great. I already wondered what's up with the project. Well I listened to the entire section and to me it sounds like it could earn a PL ok on the first go. :thumbs: Nice job. Some very interesting thoughts and concepts in there.

And we're half done :9:

Sonia
Cori

Post by Cori »

Gosh, I didn't think I'd get a PL-OK on this project at all ... that's great!

With the long weekend I had a little bit of a cold, so no recording, but lots of time to sit down with chapter 6 which is ready in the window. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cori wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 4:54 amGosh, I didn't think I'd get a PL-OK on this project at all ... that's great!

well...you don't break your streak with this one. This section is also PL ok on the first go :thumbs: And while in the previous chapter there were two or three small textual differences, which I didn't note down because they didn't change the meaning, this one has been word-perfect from start to end. :clap:

Great job, Cori !

Sonia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hi, Cori! Are you still working on this? ;) (It's one of my MC projects with the oldest last post, so I thought I'd check on it.)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Cori

Post by Cori »

Working in the loosest sense, yes. It's all recorded, I'm just ploughing through the editing very slowly indeed. :D
Cori

Post by Cori »

Hi Sonia and Tricia! I have time! I have energy! I have a newly completed chapter uploaded ... and think I might be on a roll with editing FINALLY!

This one is a biggie, at 63m 54s -- though that said, the final one is so big it'll probably need a split. Will finish editing and see how it lands. :D
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Good to hear! 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine