COMPLETE - Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche (trans. Helen Zimmern) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok his ideas about women are barely bearable :shock: wow, didn't see that one coming.

Apart from that, the reading was again flawless. Well done for such a long chapter. Glad to hear you are on a roll again. :clap:

PL ok

Sonia
Cori

Post by Cori »

I would absolutely love to know what Helen Zimmern made of it! And they knew each other quite well, too ... it's boggling that he would trust her to understand his thinking and render it faithfully into another language, and yet make such ignorant generalisations about her gender.

Chapter 8 is ready, too. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: 3 chapters ready ! you have been prolific ! Well the good news is that we are nearly finished with the project :9:

Just listened to chapter 8 so far and it's totally PL ok. :thumbs: Well done on such a lengthy chapter. And at least there were no concepts that were too hard to swallow :lol:

Will try to finish chapter 9 this evening, or tomorrow at the latest. Let's see how much Nietzsche I can take in on go :mrgreen:

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and chapter 9 is also PL ok. :clap: And now I have an overdose of Nietzsche :lol: But only one final epilogue, quite short too. We can get this catalogued soon. :9:

Great job, Cori !

Sonia
Cori

Post by Cori »

And the Epode is ready!

My goodness, Sonia, I wasn't expecting you to suffer nearly two hours of this in a day! Hope the rest of your weekend is infinitely more fun. :lol: Still, we're very nearly done ... and I don't know where you stand, but personally, I'm delighted to say that I have read absolutely every word of a Nietzsche book (admittedly skipping the few footnotes) -- and that I never have to do it ever again, as long as I live. :9: I have another one that's been in my To Be Read bookcase for several years, and now I can give it away with a glad heart! :mrgreen:
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cori wrote: October 6th, 2019, 6:00 amAnd the Epode is ready!
aaaand it is PL ok. To be honest, this was the best part of the book :lol:
My goodness, Sonia, I wasn't expecting you to suffer nearly two hours of this in a day! Hope the rest of your weekend is infinitely more fun. :lol:
don't worry about it. If possible I try to finish all my backlog PL jobs in one day (wouldn't want to let them accumulate :? ) And I was fired by the desire to bring this book to a close. I thought, if you can do so much editing, I can also do so much listening ;) No lasting damages occured to my brain I think :mrgreen:
I don't know where you stand, but personally, I'm delighted to say that I have read absolutely every word of a Nietzsche book (admittedly skipping the few footnotes) -- and that I never have to do it ever again, as long as I live. :9: I have another one that's been in my To Be Read bookcase for several years, and now I can give it away with a glad heart! :mrgreen:
:lol: good attitude. Yes we suffered through it together. My point of view here (and with every book) is. Even if I hated it, at least I now have first-hand knowledge of it and don't just have to rely on my possible prejudice or bias from hear-say. If I now join a conversation and state my opinions about Nietzsche, people cannot catch me unawares by asking me whether I had even read it. I can then retort, yes, I have read it, have you ? :mrgreen: (you wouldn't believe how often this shuts down self-proclaimed scholars :lol: )

So all is well, at the end of the day.

And now this project can get archived !!! Congrats, Cori :)

Sonia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/beyond-good-and-evil-by-friedrich-nietzsche-2/

You snuck this one in just in time, before my vacation. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thank you so much, Tricia! I wouldn't have pestered you just before going away, but I was crossing my fingers you'd have a bit of time today. :D

And thank you, Sonia -- I really appreciate your patience and help with it!