[COMPLETE] Fourth National Climate Assessment Volume II by USGCRP - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi, is this the report that was in the media some weeks ago?
I'd be interested in PLing the project, especially if you don't expect instant PL and don't mind if the PLer is a section or two behind.
Regardless of your answer, I listened to section 1 and it's all good. :thumbs:
How refreshing to hear modern language and references to contemporary technology on LV. (Websites :lol: ).

At some point it'd be a good idea to modify the project description in the first post given how often you reference various visual elements.
Also, section 24 and 25 in the MW are both called Northern Great Plains. Are there supposed to be 2 parts, or is this a mistake?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Sciguyvoice

Post by Sciguyvoice »

Yes, this is the US government agencies report that was released just a few weeks ago.

I am very happy that you are interested in PL'ing. Welcome! No worries about quick PL feedback - I usually post on weekends and then don't do much during the week.

Good catch on the duplicate Northern Great Plains titles - I will fix that.

Also, let me know if you have any specific suggestions on how to modify the project description.

Warren
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Re: the extra section, you can just drag-and-drop it to the bottom of the MW, if you don't need it or want to recycle it at a different place.
As for the project dscription, how about "The visual elements referenced in the recording can be found in the source text at [website]".
(A random project page in the LibriVox catalogue shows source text links to the left of the chapter list, under "production details", but I didn't notice any link when I was checking the page for same project at Internet Archive).
Last edited by Piotrek81 on December 29th, 2018, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Sections 1 and 2 are PL OK :thumbs:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Piotr added as DPL. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Sciguyvoice

Post by Sciguyvoice »

Thank you, Piotrek81!

Warren
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

SEctions 3 and 4 are PL OK :thumbs:
Sciguyvoice

Post by Sciguyvoice »

Thank you, Piotrek81.

Warren
Sciguyvoice

Post by Sciguyvoice »

Sections 5 and 6 are ready for PL.

Thanks,

Warren
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK :thumbs:
Sciguyvoice

Post by Sciguyvoice »

Thanks for the PL of sections 5 and 6.

Sections 7 and 8 are now ready for PL.

Many thanks,

Warren
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

7 and 8 are PL OK :thumbs:
Btw. what does "traceable account" mean? (You keep using it at the end of the each chapter).
Sciguyvoice

Post by Sciguyvoice »

Thank you for the quick turn-around on the PL.

With regard to your Traceable Accounts question, sections 4-29 are Executive Summaries, not full chapters, so the URLs mentioned at the end of these sections direct the listener to the full chapters. The traceable accounts refer to the information gathering and review processes used by the authors of the chapters, as well as a bibliography containing the hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific papers and reports that were used to write the full chapters and executive summaries.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Sciguyvoice wrote: January 1st, 2019, 4:42 pm sections 4-29 are Executive Summaries, not full chapters, so the URLs mentioned at the end of these sections direct the listener to the full chapters.
Oh, that explain the bite-size chapters :mrgreen: On the other hand, it may be a good idea to add this info to the summary in the 1st post.
Sciguyvoice

Post by Sciguyvoice »

Good suggestion about adding the mention of Executive Summaries to the first post. I will take care of it.

Sections 9 - 12 are ready for PL.

Thanks,

Warren