icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

What will be our next project?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

The next project will be "Sketches By Boz." Not a novel, but rather a series of sketches, usually humorous, written at the beginning of Dickens' career. "Boz" was his pen name during that part of his life. The latter part of the collection contains his first short stories.

Here is a sample of the humor, which appears in Section Two: "A very quiet, respectable, dozing old gentleman, who had officiated in our chapel-of-ease for twelve years previously, died one fine morning, without having given any notice whatever of his intention."

I've actually been working on this one off and on for a year or so now. In fact, I have already recorded the first twenty-four sections. I was doing it as a break from the other projects whenever I happened to be in the mood for a Dickensian sketch. Now it will be my main project. Of course, this raises the question, how many sections should I submit for PLing at a time? Twenty-four is probably a bit too much work for one person to do at once!

I'll wait until "Oliver" is officially complete before I start up the new one.

Brad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Cool! (I love that selection, he died without giving notice! Too funny!) Let me know when you are ready and I will MC that one too!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Will pl tomorrow! Did not have internet for a while :roll:
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

And those are all PL OK! Yet another fantasic job! I loved the scene with Mr. Bumble, I could just about see it and your voice was so expressive :lol:
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Of course, this raises the question, how many sections should I submit for PLing at a time? Twenty-four is probably a bit too much work for one person to do at once!
If you still like me on as DPL I like to marathon pl. I used to have a bad habit of waiting till I had 4-7 hours of pling to do and then doing it all in one day! That was when I had time for 20ish projects all going at one time. I may have been obsessed with LV when I had more free time!
Last edited by fiddlesticks on April 19th, 2019, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Tiffany
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Great! Off we go to the catalog!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Thanks for the compliment on the Bumble scene. I was looking forward to doing that "Law is a ass" speech.

So, once the new project gets started, I should send all twenty-four sections I have already read at once then? I will probably start the new thread either Sunday night or sometime on Monday. I'm pretty busy this weekend.

Brad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/oliver-twist-version-7-by-charles-dickens/

Great job, Brad and Tiffany! :clap: :clap:

I will keep an eye out for the next project.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Thank you to both of you. I have started the Sketches by Boz thread and have requested you both, as usual. :D

Brad